Desktop Atlas

Only tNormalAreas are used for stability. tCoreAreas aren't used but they seem to be the same as 400+ threshold (though someone mentioned America as an exception). Still, I'm fairly sure contested area is checked by normal areas, not core (lines 640-656).

Resurrection uses normal areas as well.

As for 150+ for contested, see line 647. There's a penalty for every city in another civ's tNormalArea - it's -1 if it's also your 150+, -3 otherwise.

I can't seem to find the penalty for settling/owning a city in enemy core (other than the above, which is kind of like it, but doesn't check core). This is why I assumed that enemy normal area and < 150 is "Red" zone. Core area (400+) only seems to be checked for OwnedCitiesLastTurn, but that's supposedly the penalty for losing "Dark Green" cities.

Thanks, it seems I have to adapt my display a little then.

The only "penalty" from being in the enemy core (or normal area, to be precise now) is that you run the additional risk of a respawn happening to you, which is a level worse than just being out of your historical area.

A version for Mac OS X (Leopard and higher) has been added to the homepage.

I've been playing around with the thought of letting the atlas window start maximized. Yay or nay?

A version for Mac OS X (Leopard and higher) has been added to the homepage.

I've been playing around with the thought of letting the atlas window start maximized. Yay or nay?

Thank you very much for making an OS X version, I routinely have my MacBook with me while playing civ on my Windows desktop

Civilization Spawns finally implemented, some 'About' information added to the program, and some bugs fixed.

With this, I consider the base program to be complete. Any changes from now on will most likely be purely cosmetic, or perhaps features to help with adapting this to modmods.

Edit, 2011-04-11: Windows and Mac version updated at homepage.

Many thanks for all the nice comments!

why does everyone and their dog make some atlas that probably took a lot of work and then let the thing drop off the face of the web?

embryodead: -3 is maximum for city owned in "unstable" area, however you can get much more negative points if the city have foreign culture(s), actually i think in one game i have got -12 points for Rom where was like 4 cultures...

Btw funny think is you mentioned 150 value, and i completely agree with that, but i think the older stability map using value 90... Maybe it was in some older versions of the RFC - do you know something about this?

why does everyone and their dog make some atlas that probably took a lot of work and then let the thing drop off the face of the web?
Sorry about that, I lost a stable place for my server when moving recently and this sadly got forgotten.

Link in OP updated to a new home for the atlas. The server might be a little slow sometimes, if that's the case just reconnect a little later.

How much work would be involved in creating a version of this for the Sword of Islam mod-mod?
With proper source materials I could probably have a separate binary for that up in the not so distant future.

What I'd need is:
  • An in-game map of the world
  • A map of civilization spawn areas

The tuple for city names is quite different from vanilla RFC, but the ability to see the default name of cities when clicking squares should be possible to implement.

Since stability for provinces can be seen in-game, are stability maps still wanted in the atlas? If so, I'll need those as well.

I'll see what can be done to fulfill these needs. I have started a thread in the SoI sub-forum - we'll see how we go.

Top Bottom