DGIT # 2-Krafty Koreans

Well, I guess we'll just have to see what type of map we get and determine whether to try for Philosphy or not. Oblivion, what was the situation in the game you played? Do you think anything created a situation to make it possible to pull the Philo gambit off? Did you start with the right combo of first tier techs? Did all the AI have contact with each other or were they somewhat separated, hindering tech advances. Just curious. It will give us something to look for. I know its possible to do, just often very difficult. I've seen people pull it off at higher levels than Emperor too, usually not with min-sci though.

Anyway, its all irrelevant until we have our game setup...

Well, i was at war with the five civs on my continent, the english were on their own land with only really the first tier techs and the last continent started with two civs who start with one of the same tech.

I suspect my warfare certainly slowed down their research, mainly because of the fact that most of the civs had razed cities and only a fraction of their normal beakers at this stage of the game..

Also, most of them were going the myst - poly - monarchy path..

BTW SpikeIt, i just read your 'Whip and Saddle' game report. Ouch. Nothing you could do with Mounted Warriors and Swordsmen on a demigod packed continent though, ay?

What civ did you start with Oblivion? Was it a civ with Alphabet? I've seen the philo gambit done, very seldom, but done, but the Civ ALWAYS started with Alpha.... I believe we tried to do the Philo gambit in this game, and missed it by a turn or two... this was Regent, with a scientific civ... imagine trying that on Emp with a religious civ?

The Celts. I picked up Alpha on the 13th turn with a friendly neighbour, who i then attacked, picked up writing for peace, then researched philo on a lone scientist. I was quite surprised i got it, but i thought it worthwhile as most other civs appeared to be going mysticism, and when i got it, they were visibly up Poly, and one was in Monarchy..

I'm not saying we should definitly try the philo gambit, i am just saying that if the circumstances look special, then give it a go..

Looks like circumstances really geared your game towards making it possible. Maybe it will work for us as well? Who knows. I can imagine an Expansion civ having a shot at it too if the goody huts work out.

Yeah, Gram 2.0 really presented a crazy situation. We were hemmed in so quick. Already playing out of our variant we tried a strike at the Incans which worked out, but left us really thin, and then the Iroqious, well, squashed us. The game looks great on my HOF. :D

We're missing votes from Sandrock and Solar Knight. We have:
Indians - 2
America, Celts, Dutch - 1
World Size looks to be Standard.
Barbs - Roaming
All Victories
Cultural Conversion - On
Landmass - no consensus (2 random, 2 continents, 1 arch)
Climate - no consensus (2 random, 2 wet cool, 1 wet warm), I guess wet and random?

India sounds good to me, randomise the rest, would make it more interesting.

sorry for my absence, new job just started, had to settle in and sort that.

(really hope life returns to normal now)

SK

We didn't lose any members this time correct?

Do we want to keep the same turn order, and if so, who is going to lead off this game. I will add in my votes, and setup the game on Wednesday or Thursday, although as long as I don't go first I could get the save up earlier so someone can take their turns.

ummm... I don't know how you guys feel, but I think I can do fairly well in the opening 20. If someone else wants it, go ahead and take it, otherwise I'm willing to lead off. Sandrock, since you're not going to be doing it, would you mind "exploring" for 5-10 turns to see how the world looks? I don't want a dud start on this difficulty level.

As usual, I prefer an end-rotation slot...second to last usually works for me.

I wanna be in a bit earlier in the rotation... I'm no longer afraid to screw up. ;)

I'm up for any spot in the rotation. Same order is fine with me. Alerum seems pretty eager to start off the game, so I say let him start it and rotate from there... We'll be the judge of how well Alerum does in his first 20. ;) Just kidding.

Long live the Irate Indians (are we irate?)! Or the tale of the Emperor's Elephants... DGIT3, here we come! Time to get that new thread started. :D

Either first or second is where i want to be please :)
Or if that is not possible just fit around me.

On second thought, Alerum takes first 20, then me?

Look what i just finished :D

Gotta love 18 great leaders in one game, and 4 armies from the military academy. This was also the first game i seriously used artillery in 50+ numbers. Real useful. Had one group of modern armour armies rampaging around another civs core, with the artillery and MA group getting the smaller cities, mostly with a small cultural boundary.

Attachments

• firstempwin.PNG
    firstempwin.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 83
Sorry Alerum, change of heart, could always play dutch next time.

Top Bottom