DGIT # 2-Krafty Koreans

Oh, and to be copied to the new thread... Our roster, with Alerum leading off...

1)alerum68
2)Smellincoffee
3)Blasphemous
4)SolarKnight
5)SandrockLQ
6)SpikeIt
7)-Oblivion-

I prefer to be at the end of the roster- always. ;)

Smellincoffee said:
I prefer to be at the end of the roster- always. ;)

Right. I just rotated the order around Alerum68. Looking back a few pages at any requests... Let's see. Alerum wants to start. Oblivion would like to be toward the top of the order. Blasphemous wants up there too. SmellinCoffee wants to be towards the end. Lets just swap SmellinCoffee and Oblivion and take it from there. That should have myself and SmellinCoffee in line to conquer some neighbors! :D

1)alerum68
2)-Oblivion-
3)Blasphemous
4)SolarKnight
5)SandrockLQ
6)SpikeIt
7)Smellincoffee

SmellinCoffee - if you don't want the last spot as well, I'll swap. I really don't care. I just hope to get in a turn of this game before I leave for Switzerland on July 25.

great, now I gotta spend tommorow figuring out the easiest way to run both 1.15 and 1.22....:p We're really going to play Gahndi huh? Alright, but I'm chaning goverments all the time.:p Well, every goverment but Communism.;) Are we going for any special win gentleman?

Hmmm. Special win. I don't know, everyone seemed so eager to rumble a bit once our space race was a foregone conclusion. Domination? We could let our elephants stomp all over our foes.

A space race could be more of a challenge this time too. We'd have to defend against the AI grabbing the UN this go around.

As for dual booting 1.15 and 1.22. I think Oblivion shared the best method, which I shared with SmellinCoffee via PM. Make a 2nd copy of your Conquests subdirectory under the Civ 3 directory. Rename it Conquests 1.15. Install the 1.22 patch. Now 1.22 is under Civ 3/Conquests. 1.15 is under Civ3/Conquests 1.15. Make shortcuts to the Conquests.exe under each path and label with the proper versions so you could launch either easily.

The only drawback I've seen to this method, is the save game prompt starts in the Civ3 directory for the 1.15 games. But that really not a big deal.

Because the Saves and auto saves directories can get quite full, I'd clean them out before making the initial copy.

Mind if I take second slot in the roster?
I'm only free to play anytime from saturday noon (GMT+2) through monday evening... Got a big exam friday morning, and I fly to Germany on Tuesday...
Speaking of which... I just got a German citizenship yesterday. ^^
'Twas an interesting experience.

If Oblivion doesn't mind, just swap with him for this round or for the game. It doesn't really matter too much.

German citizenship? Actual citizenship or just a travel visa? Its hard enough getting a handle on what I need in the US to travel abroad. I can only imagine the requirements to travel from other countries. Anyhow, in case I forget, have a great trip! :)

Yes, citizenship... Though not due to the best circumstances...
You see, under the Nazi regime my paternal grandma and her entire family were kicked out of their hometown, and most of them were murdered eventually. My grandma was very lucky to get out and come to Israel on a one-time citizen exchange between Germany and Britain. Anyway, there's a law in Germany that states that the two generations down the line from any Jew who was forced out of their home have the right to get German citizenship... So now me and my siblings and my dad all have citizenship.

Anyways, 0blivion, if you have no objection then I would like to switch places in the roster, at least for the first round.

OK, I'm about to put up the save in a new thread. Had to work mandatory 6 hours of overtime today so I got home WAYYYYYY toooo late.

World Size: Standard
Land Mass/Water Coverage: Random
Barbarians: Roaming
Climate: Wet*
Temperature:Random *
Seed: DGIT3
Tribe: India
Opponents:7
Victory Conditions: All
No Cultural Link
No AI Respawn
Cultural Conversions Allowed
AI Agression: Normal
Difficulty: Emperor

The Starred Items are ones where there was a tie, so tie goes to captain's choice.

Blasphemous said:
Yes, citizenship... Though not due to the best circumstances...

Wow. What a sad and unfortunate story. Your grandmother is surely a very brave woman. And what an unusual ruling based on a very sad period in our world's history. Obviously this trip is going to stir up at least a few emotions. I have to imagine there are some benefits to taking advantage of this ruling and gaining German citizenship.

Well, again, I hope you have a great trip. Just don't try and start up any communist regimes while you are over there! ;)

Now, I guess I'll go and check out the new thread.

I dunno about my grandma... First off, she died almost 30 years ago of Cancer.
Second of all, this transfer was something organized by the governments, and so she was treated relatively well from the moment the trasfer was organized.
Anyway, I will not have many chances to spread the joys of communal corruption, regrettably... I'll in fact be a guest a conference of startup groups for Sudbury-model democratic schools from across Europe... Gotta stick with Dem for now. :'(

-0blivion- said:
You can take the second slot Blas, and i will take the third. Hope you enjoy your trip :D
Thanks, and thanks. :goodjob:

Top Bottom