Dictator Mge

*drooling* great stuff!

Oh, just one little thing, so you know, the british Crusader tank was obsolete by 1942...you might wanna change it to the Churchill....other than that, it is awesome! Great job, Curt! :thumbsup!

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Hey, Curt, I found a "bug."

In Argentina, Buenos Aries is listed as "Beunos Aries."

Isn't the correct spelling "Buenos Aires"? I think it is.

Good job, Curt, took a look at it, and was impressed.
:goodjob:

Very good scen, but it's maybe too easy to invade Britain. I invaded on turn 2, and managed to capture London and Bristol, to clear the route to Plymouth, to empty Glasgow, and to limit the resistance of Newcastle.
And off course, I lost about 50 units, but the British did too, and I took their cities.
To help this, you might want to remove the railroads from the scen, and to give London the air-defence improvement.
For the rest: good scenario.

i hope this isnt too late, but i must advise on a few things curt. I have noticed that in Dictator II, a marvellous scen might i add, that you didnt have india as part of the british empire. big mistake, my grandfather fought in india, it proved to be one of the most important theaters of the war. Plus, one of the finest regiments in the world, the Bengal Lancers fought there. I agree with the art of war, the Churchill is a much more accurate representation of britains tanks than the crusader, and, like most british tanks, although being slower was much better armed, better armoured and better used than its American counterpart, the M4A1. Hope you can incorporate this into your scen! well done, btw, i havent yet had the pleasure of playing ure beta, but once i do you will hear from me again.

Originally posted by insurgent

Isn't the correct spelling "Buenos Aires"? I think it is.

Good job, Curt, took a look at it, and was impressed.

Aagh! :p

That's what I was saying.

Another bug I happened to notice was that there seems to be an awful lot of ships docked in DEHLI. They must have a hell of a time trying to get those out to sea! :p

Hey, Limey, in this .scn, I think India is part of the Empire.

Curt, for the Light Tank unit, I used the Renault 35 from the Nemo's WWII unit collection. It works well. I just used it because it looks more like a tank that all of the sides used at the time. I'm a stickler for units. Anyway, again, excellent, excellent Scenario.

BTW, Calgary is spelled Calagary in the game.

Originally posted by archer_007

Download the MGE Converter. I forgot weither i got it here or somewhere else. I makes MGE files into FW files. Very useful.

The MGE converter doesn't always work. I've had several scenarios crash after they are loaded or some not even load after I used the converter on them.

Originally posted by Ohwell
Curt, the sounds for:

Imperial Marines
Pz. Grenadiers
GI Infantry

come up as errors. When attacking with one the game says it cannot register the sound. Perhaps changing the format?

Amigos, Sincere thanks for all the kind words!

Sound format errors!?!, checking this right now...
I am sure they were all 8 bit mono...I'll sort it.

Also fixed those city name typos...

Mini-patch coming in a hour or so!

To RM,

I notice what you mean, it's weird!
The Destoyers and some other naval units have the 'defence' flag instead of 'naval superiority' activated...this appears to let the AI build em in land-locked cities!

My intention was to stop AI naval unit from their kamikaze shore attacks...instead I got...Civ2 Bug-o-rama!

I'll change it back to naval power!

Another for the quick patch!

Found the sound culprit!

The Machine gun noise WAV is used by Panzertroops, GIs and IJN Marines...it was still 16-bit...

I had fixed it a while ago...the Zip must be have the old one...oops!

Here is a link to the real one!
Copy this WAV into your sound folder to fix the fault!

:D

This is a report of my game.
I played at king-level as the Germans, and this is the result.

June 1940:
Nearly all German air and land units gather in Amsterdam for a massive attack on London. Fieldmarchall Göring is going to lead the air-strikes, and fieldmarchall Von Mannstein is going to lead the land-invasion.
Boats are bought in nearly every coastal city, boarding on the atlantic.
On june 12, the city of Athens fell to the German armies. Colonel Rommel, who succesfully led the assault was promoted to general.
War was also declared against Jugoslavia, and their capitol of Belgrade was emptied, and the hills surrounding the city were captured.
The clouds above Britain would look bleu for the last time.

July 1940:
The gigantic attack on Britain began on july 4. Hundred of German planes left Amsterdam, and bombed London. Many of those planes were lost, but many also returned, with a succesful mission. The defences of London were destroyed, though some radical anti-air gunmen kept being in the city, and prevented the German planes from being able to land on London airfield.
On july 12, a large number of invasion-ships left Amsterdam, and landed in Dover on july 13. All troops then attacked London, eliminating resistance there and taking the city.
Immediately, hundreds of British spitfire-pilots, gave up the fight, and surrendered to the Germans.
The city of Bristol was captured on july 18, and the city of Newcastle on july 25.
Hitler visited London on july 29, and the citizens welcomed him.
In the other fronts, the city of Belgrade was captured, capturing Tito, and eliminating Jugoslavian resistance.
Some partizans however fled Jugoslavian territory, and commited terrorist attacks from Bucharest. So a declaration of war was given to the Roumenian government.

august 1940:
After heavy air-, sea- and landbombardment, the fortified city of Plymouth was captured by German soldiers on august 13.
Heavy air-bombardments emptied Glasgow, but the Scottish mountains prevented the Germans from occupying the city in August.
Inforcements however will capture the city in september, capturing the largest source of resistance against the Germans.
Some Roumanian soldiers were killed and the German army prepared for an attack on Bucharest in september.
The naval base: Scapa Flow was also under attack, but resisted the German army.
Hitler reveals plans for an attack against the Soviet Union to his generals. The plan is to go for a direct attack against Moskou, and after the capture of Moskou, to head for Leningrad and Stalingrad.

september 1940:
The city of Glasgow was taken on september 3, and the city of Belfast was taken on september 15, eliminating Irish resistance.
Troops are being withdrawn from the English front to the German heartland, in preparation for operation Barbarossa.
The English city of Scapa Flow was empied, and will be captured in the beginning of next month.
German wolfpacks destoyed a British taskforce near Reykjavik.
The Roumanian city of Bucharest was taken on september 19, and soon after that, the entire country and army surrendered, and the hunt for the Jugoslavian rebels began.

october 1940:
The British attack and empty Narvik. This however is nothing, compared to the loss of their homeland.
And Italian forces in North-Africa go on the offensive. They manage to capture the English city of Alexandria, after a heavy battle with large casualties on both sides.
The first Italian battleship will soon leave Rome-dock, and assist Italian forces in the assault on Port Saïd.
A detachment of British soldiers was also killed in Greenland, after 2 days of fight with a German one. Half of the men survived, but they now had battle-experience.
Nearly all troops are now in Poland, in preparation for operation Barbarossa.
Troops will also be moved to Prague, so a pincir attack can be made.

november 1940:
The British city of Cairo was captured by Italian forces on november 12, after a fierce battle by both sides.
And the defenders of Nairobi were killed by Italian Panzer divisions, operating in the jungle.
Germans moved a lot of material to the East-Prussia, and Prague.

december 1940:
Third Reich declared most powerful state of the world.
We discover Army Groups, and immediately formed 2: AG North, and AG South.
Germans head for Research effort.
Captured Nairobi in Africa on december 15 and captured Suez (Port Saïd) on december 19, completing the conquest of East-Africa.
Declared war against the Turks, and captured Istanbul.

Thanks for all the kind words, noble cousins!
And an awesome battle report, Yop73!

I have fixed some of the little glitches that were present,
Please excuse my silly city name typos.

Here is a patch that will fix the problems with the beta version MGE!

It has an updated v0.2 'scn' file.

Fixed typos.

Added Readme and title text.

Added title art.

London has been given AA defences, making it a bit harder...also it is about to complete naval defences on turn 2.

Copy all files into you folder and the WAV into the sound folder;

Here be a link to the Patch! (I feel like Firaxis!)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/Dict-MGE-add-on1.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RM, you have a point,
I was going to keep the German and Japanese science rate 50%hampered,
to represent Japan's low-tech warfare and Germany's policy of scaring away many brilliant scientists out of Europe...

But if you want the axis to research normally; I can oblige!
Here you go, my man! Alternate rules for you...!

Oh, I know how to edit the rules :p (...after all, playing by the rules has never been my game ;) )

Besides that, I found another bug for you...the rebel slot produced some spitfires (with the Union Jack, as you made the image) and some of the last slot in the units.gif...

Aha!

RM, of course, edit the rules as you see fit, old bean.
I set no constraints on any fellow man!

Also when the Rebs produce a national unit, imagine that the UK has sold the rebels a few spitfires, for instance!
And that pimp-like officer in the final slot is the rebel leader...but he is a tough cookie!

If the Rebs become a pain, you can use Civtweak and turn them off!
Easy peazy!
:D

Excellent! I like the readme and scenario description. :)

Earlier I had replaced the faulty MCHNGUNS.wav with the SWRDFIGHT.wav, so that my Imperial Marines could have sound. But because of that, the units all sounded the same. Now, I have more sounds. :D All the sounds are great! Good job on that part.

Now, other things. I think you made Japan a tad too easy, in that I am able to conquer all of China and assault India by December 1941, and still have enough forces to obliterate any American forces in the area... as well as the fact that America has nearly no fleet in the Pacific.

I'd suggest giving the chinese a few more fighters, veteran as well. This is realistic because the US actually sent several planes and pilots to china as mercenaries prior to their declaring of war. They fought bravely against the Japanese to protect Rangoon and Chinese supply lines...

I have only played this far into the game, and only as Japan. I'll be sure to help out with the rest of the game and playtesting too. :)

Ohwell,

I agree, I am looking to make the Japanese campaign a bit more tough.
And I do want to represent the vaunted Flying Tigers (a great formation!) too.

I will address this in the full version...I might make London harder to conquer...
Although in real life the danger of invasion to my nation was very close!

I am making a list of fixes so bear with me!

Top Bottom