Dictator Mge

CurtSibling

ENEMY ACE™
Due to my disillusion with CIV3 and it's spawn, PTW, I have found myself back working on CIV2!

I have decided to pull mothballed projects back into full production, and am enjoying the simple and straightforward mod-making pleasure of MGE.
After this will come Dictator III and Soviet Steel...

Why CIV3 is so hard to mod is beyond me...
OK, here is the info on Dictator MGE;

It features graphic tweaks by myself, Also absolutely superb graphics by;
Captain Nemo, Dannyevilcat, Tanelorn, Techumseh, Favouredflight St. Leo and ANZAC.

Also extensive upgrades to city, icons, sheilds, terrian, etc.
The rules are a development from the previous Dictator scenarios.

The only frustrating thing about MGE is the limited amount of units and events, but it is fun to make scenarios with!

The only things left to do are unit-placement and events...then playtesting.
I am confident this is the best scenario I have done...and one of the prettiest...

Here are the units...

I am looking forward to play your scenario, I've been waiting for this day to come, since I don't have test of time ;)

That's good news! Dictator MGE, I'll be playing that... :goodjob:

Originally posted by CurtSibling

Here are the units...

Looking very, very good :D

One thing however: How will we tell the nationality of non nation specific units?
Looking at your units.gif all settlers/AAs and so on will be using the same shield regardless of nationality.

Thanks guys!

I realised that CIV2 is where I belong!

The reason I gave all units a sheild is that they looked a bit bare compared to the national units...

But Putting the view cursor over them will determine the nationality, Otherwise it's friendly fire time!

But I can fix them to show some colour if it proves a problem during playtesting...

:D

How about making a DictatorsFW for those poor souls who dont have MGE?

Is there a definite due date for the .scn yet? I really look forward to playing it. It looks great!

What is MGE?

Great news Curt!

Thanks for all the kudos, gentlemen!
I didn't know people really wanted a MGE version, or I would have done it earlier!

I hope to have this thing out the door by saturday...
I would release it earlier, but I want to make sure it has everything.

Only events and title gif to do now, then the tweaks!

I tried the Battle of Britain sequence...(this is when the scenario kicks off) This war is gonna be messy!!!

PS
If it goes well, I might do a FW patch, but that version has even less scope for extra units, etc.

I would agree with archer_007, the convertor is useful.
Also MGE is still around on the game shelves, my local gamestore
had it, at £9.99!

I will keep youse posted on my progress!
Cheers!

:goodjob:

:goodjob:

I love the tweaks you did on some of my units, Curt. Looks fantastic!

(but it's too bad about your disillusionment with Civ3)

About the settler: are you really going to have him be the slow settler, or the faster settler?

Off topic, do you still have a working copy of Dictator "Open Season" for TOT, or know where I could find it?

Top Bottom