Dictator Mge

well, i've played all your scenarios to date curt, but i am still impressed! just a couple of things i'd like to say,
is the Crusader supposed to be exactly the same as the light tank in all ways except the pic? plus, it was miles better than the american sherman, although alot slower. I still think updating it to the Churchill would be a much better idea.
another thing, the blenheim bomber was a good bomber, but i feel the lancaster would be a better idea kus everyone in britains heard of it (as im sure you wud know, being a fellow brit) and it was actually so much better than the blenheim.
plus, us brits could use some kind of commando unit, i know theyr isnt much space, but maybe u kud take out one of the generic units. dont forget we invented the concept!
apart from these few things, i reckon you've outdone yourself again, great work!

The Limey,
ta much!

I will take a look into making the Chuchill the UK tank,
But it was introduced later...there was a few in mid 1940, I believe.

I will be releasing the full version of DMGE tomorrow...so I am going to make all changes before then...

I would like to make a UK commando unit, but space is REALLY stretched in the current DMGE units.

I 'might' make a "1942" version of Dictator with different units and a different events chain...once I fix this version.
The Commandos and other cool units would be present...

Right now, I will make the allied units more hardcore.

:goodjob:

How about doing a more open ended MP/SP version?
Where you get to declare war and research yourself?
This could well be a succesor of 2194 days when it comes to pbems...

just saw a few more things, how come tunis and tripoli arent in german hands? kind of a funny thing, probly an error on one of our parts.
i no the restrictions on units are a bugger on MGE, but doing multiple events scenarios can allow limitless possibilities. Perhaps one day you would be interested in a joint endeavor of the sort?
wat else, o yes, i was going to suggest giving the germans french north africa and putting in text for operation torch?
just a thought.

These things I will look at for the full release.

All this tweak advice is really valuable!
I will address the N africa problem too.

rmsharpe,
Yeah! Have a go at an open season rules/events by all means!

I will say that the current events are at maximum capacity, so for anything new, something must be removed/reduced.

Originally posted by Henrik
How about doing a more open ended MP/SP version?
Where you get to declare war and research yourself?
This could well be a succesor of 2194 days when it comes to pbems...

This is on the cards, for sure!

The tech tree would have to change, but it wouldn't be a huge problem...

I plan to make a full MP-worthy version happen soon!

Hey, Limey, I've been thinking about doing an SAS in North Africa, WW2 scenario, but don't know enough about the campaigns, and don't have time to do alot of research. Would you like to maybe try something like that? I've made a (fair) Desert SAS commando unit, and desertified the Matilda II, Churchill, and Cromwell units, too.

The full fun of WW2 is now available for download!

I am proud to present Dictator MGE v1.1!

Here is the game files;

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/NEW-DICT-MGE-1.zip

1st Sounds folder;

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/NEW-DICT-MGE-Sounds1.zip

2nd Sounds folder;

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/NEW-DICT-MGE-Sounds2.zip

Don't be shy! Give it a try! (if you are interested!)

Please post any comments on this thread...I am eager to listen!

To install;
You lads all know the drill...

"CIV2\Scenarios\Dicator-MGE" make a folder like this...
"CIV2\Scenarios\Dicator-MGE\Sound" then your sound folder...
Copy the Dict-MGE files into the folder you just made.
Copy the sounds into...erm..guess where.
Also!
I recommend you have the no-limit patch installed!
Real generals need more than 30,000 gold!

Now you are ready to assume command...
Good luck and give em' hell! (again!)

Oh, I almost forgot!

Here is a patch version of the Rules.txt

Basically beefs up the USSR and China,
And makes them not such a pushover...Eastern Front War is a lot more fun.

And Russia now has a chance...

Copy the file into your Dictator MGE folder, overwrite the existing rules...
It will not affect your existing saves...unless you are having a sucessful war as the Germans or Japanese!

:lol:

aha. well, events switching is not at all as hard as the greats like alex or nemo made it seem. provided your target audience is adept at the basic skills of pointing and clicking that is. all u gotta do is delete the current events using delevent, put a new events, units file and rules in (if you so wish) and hey presto! load your game and continue your civing fun.
all Alex and the like did was fancy it up a bit using bat files to cut out all the donkeywork, its not really needed unless you want a really pro look, but it doest affect the scenario one bit. id be very interested in working with you curt.
as for your idea art of war, were you thinking of french north africa ( no point whatsoever, seein as the french cannot fight to save thier lives, literally) or egypt and the like? a scenario from the brits point of view in egypt would be great as the front constantly moves back and forth from El Alamein to Benghazi and Tripoli and so on.

Top Bottom