• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Did anyone else notice...?

bds

Warlord
Did anyone else notice the nuke suitcase bomber on the box art for beyond the sword?
Also there is a guy wearing something that looks like a storm trooper helmet.

Yeah, I noticed, but I am not putting too much stock into the cover art. If you look at the cover for Warlords, you see that it's just the design and has little to do with actual gameplay.

Did anyone else notice the nuke suitcase bomber on the box art for beyond the sword?

:goodjob: Well there is a 'hardcore' WWII scenario in the game, so we will see Nazi stormtroopers in BtS. In Civ2, your spies could plant nukes. I honestly believe that international terrorism has been reintroduced into the Civ series for late-game Civ4. :satan:

I agree with bonafide, on the box art to Vanilla, there is the Golden Gate Bridge, the White House, the Washington Monument, and the Sphinx. None of which are in the game.

Would be a pretty strange move to put those mechnical robot-looking things on the front if they aren't in the game, don't you think? So if those things are in, and we already know that there is at least one WWII scenario, why would you assume that terrorists or chemical warfare aren't?

Maybe I'm being naive but I don't think that suitcase nukes advertise their contents with a 'danger - radiation' symbol.

Maybe I'm being naive but I don't think that suitcase nukes advertise their contents with a 'danger - radiation' symbol.
Well, they have to get through customs. ;) :lol:

Horizons said:
Would be a pretty strange move to put those mechnical robot-looking things on the front if they aren't in the game, don't you think? So if those things are in, and we already know that there is at least one WWII scenario, why would you assume that terrorists or chemical warfare aren't?
Is that serious question? If so, my answer is... for the reason I previously stated.

This screen shot comes from Gamespot.
Spoiler :

Looks like concept art and pretty darn futuristic to me.

I think mechs are in. Even if it is a mod/scenario.

SAM sites are not so futuristic, and their addition is really needed in epic game, so perhaps it's a mix of scenario and epic content screens.
The spy in the center of the box art is a real sign that espionage missions are an important part of the game, i wouldn't exclude terrorist missions (one is confirmed, Poison Water)

The only futuristic thing in the art (it's not a screenshot, methinks, given that's in 2D :p) is the "dome-city" thing.

Maybe he has a suitcase because he is a lawyer. And the radioactive symbol is really just a sticker for some german heavy metal band he saw while at octoberfest.

You never know...... :crazyeye:

IMO the terrorist is going to be in the game, but the mech and stormtrooper are most likely going to be afterworld content.

Top Bottom