Did Ed Beach reveal the leaders on purpose?

Did Ed Beach purposely reveal the leader list?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rastak

Emperor
Simple question since we're bored to tears.

Did Ed purposely show the leaders on the left navigation screen or did he screw up?

follow up question: do we care?
Spoiler :
I

He has his own eyes and glasses, and he can clearly see what he's doing for so many seconds on the screen. Come on, guys. Do you really think the Lead Designer doesn't know what he is doing during the livestream?

He clearly said "we can reveal it now, why not". So he was aware what was there, and what was he doing.

Tell me why would he scroll down the bar before he shuts down the window if not on purpose?

And that hand of the other guy... well, he wanted to warn him, but still Ed knew what he was doing. And he nodded, yeah, I wanted to reveal that, too. Maybe tease a bit...

I've just realized why he disappeared:

You are trying to make fool of him. But he is not :lol:

The lead designer probably doesn't even know exactly whats in the civilopedia, I don't think you understand what lead designer does?

Even if he does its incredibly easy to make a mistake on a live stream, having an audience changes things, simply forgetting that the other nations are there when your looking for one specific entry is an easy mistake to make. Either way Ed slipped up, it wasn't intentional.

The lead designer probably doesn't even know exactly whats in the civilopedia, I don't think you understand what lead designer does?

If he didn't know what was there, why would he enter the civilopedia? He knew the info. was there. That is why he entered the civilopedia. How would you explain this?

Ed Beach did it on purpose.

Good for him. He's one of us. ;)

I voted it being a screw up- seems most likely. But I could just have easily have gone with 'who cares'. In future I reccomend only making polls where you can only select one option if the options are mutually exclusive :p.

Ed Beach did it on purpose.

Good for him. He's one of us. ;)

Yeah, he did this to make these threads come up. It's fun for him and us.

Andrew: Can we see the German agenda?
Ed: Your own agenda?
Andrew: Yea, are we able to see where..
Ed: I think you can go ahead and look at that in the civilopedia.
Andrew: OK
Ed: That's true we haven't revealed exactly what that is.
Andrew: Are we going to reveal it now?
Ed: Why not?
Andrew: Sure. Why not?
Ed: Ok, so here is the civilopedia page for a leader. [Note, he already blew it, the names are visible in the left hand navigation]
Ed: And we have cool little how to role play.
[small talk about that section]
[Ed talks about the leader page and where the agenda is located]
Andrew: [Whispers] Close the page.
Ed: Yep.
Andrew: And back to our cities.
[Ed begins stumbling over his words]

The sooner people stop talking about what happened, the sooner Sid will let him out of the broom closet.

If he didn't know what was there, why would he enter the civilopedia? He knew the info. was there. That is why he entered the civilopedia. How would you explain this?

He knew what was there for Civilizations, my point is the lead designer doesn't necessarily know every little detail about the game. My 2nd point still stands, its easy to make a mistake in that situation.

Andrew: Can we see the German agenda?
Ed: Your own agenda?
Andrew: Yea, are we able to see where..
Ed: I think you can go ahead and look at that in the civilopedia.
Andrew: OK
Ed: That's true we haven't revealed exactly what that is.
Andrew: Are we going to reveal it now?
Ed: Why not?
Andrew: Sure. Why not?
Ed: Ok, so here is the civilopedia page for a leader. [Note, he already blew it, the names are visible in the left hand navigation]
Ed: And we have cool little how to role play.
[small talk about that section]
[Ed talks about the leader page and where the agenda is located]
Andrew: [Whispers] Close the page.
Ed: Yep.
Andrew: And back to our cities.
[Ed begins stumbling over his words]

But before he closed the page, he quickly scrolled down the bar. So the whisper started after Ed actually scrolled it down. It was immediate, but Ed wanted to scroll this down on purpose.

But before he closed the page, he quickly scrolled down the bar. So the whisper after Ed actually scrolled it down. It was immediate, but Ed wanted to scroll this down on purpose.

He's pretty good with a mouse to hit that so quickly and and right on the money. He must have been practicing all day.

The stupid sheepish looks on both their faces and the stumbling over their words was well rehearsed too!

If he had not scrolled down... The speculation about those last two Civs would have been off the charts!
That's what makes me believe it wasn't on purpose.

He's pretty good with a mouse to hit that so quickly and and right on the money. He must have been practicing all day.

The stupid sheepish looks on both their faces and the stumbling over their words was well rehearsed too!

Also, there is another possibility that came to me right now.

Ed scrolled down so quickly to check if all the leaders from the base game are included in this build (civilopedia). Then, the other guy tried to show him with his hand to close it.

This is also possible. I don't know :lol: But this is the only explanation I can find in your favour.

Also, there is another possibility that came to me right now.

Ed scrolled down so quickly to check if all the leaders from the base game are included in this build (civilopedia). Then, the other guy tried to showed him with his hand to close it.

This is also possible. I don't know :lol:

Me either. I just know he had no reason to upset 2k games (his ultimate boss) with some rogue reveal. He genuinely looks like "oh oh" and sounds extremely flustered along with Andrew.

edit: Glad I got this important discussion to it's own thread as to not poison, err, clutter other threads.

Maybe... The response felt awkward enough though that I think more no. Couldn't vote in the poll though because I don't think anyone actually considers this a "screw up" intentional or not.

Me either. I just know he had no reason to upset 2k games (his ultimate boss) with some rogue reveal. He genuinely looks like "oh oh" and sounds extremely flustered along with Andrew.

edit: Glad I got this important discussion to it's own thread as to not poison, err, clutter other threads.

It doesn't change the fact that he knew what he was doing (scrolling down), which I think was done with full awareness.

Top Bottom