• Monarch

Votes: 32 43.8%
  • Emperor

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Immortal or higher

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the staff have got it right in the way that they vary the difficulty level. I don't win many of the higher level games, but I do learn a lot from playing outside my normal comfort zone. Then again I don't like losing all the time, so the lower level GOTMs come as a nice relief.

exactly my opinion
I'm comfortable at monarch (still didn't manage the ragnar game:blush: ), but I like playing different games. I'd be really pissed if I lost all the WotMs though.

The problem with the poll is that you have to choose only one. What it doesn't show is the level you DON'T want to play. Every level can be good, because you are competing against other people, not the computer, so the challenge is the same, no matter what level is used.
untrue
some of us play for the pleasure of the game. I don't milk the game, I don't go for any award. So I want an interesting game.
This being said, I enjoyed a warlord level game (minime challenge in the strategy forum) even though the AI stood absolutely no chance ;).

I never played higher level difficulty games in Civ III, and probably wouldn't have in CIV if it werent for the GOTM staff shuffling the difficulty levels. Kudos to them. I played my first Monarch CIV game in GOTM 18 and nearly won. First emperor game was GOTM 19, suffered a miserable defeat, but know i can win on Monarch and will eventually win on the higher levels that confidence and skill comes from reading the threads and playing the higher difficulty GOTM's. If they were all the same level or more lower level than higher levels they wouldn't be as fun or as helpful, plus their wouldn't be much challenge to the better players, without whom i wouldn't learn much. I hope the staff keeps varying the difficulty with a Monarch/Emperor average.

Top Bottom