Difficulty Question//Stonehenge

I can't seem to get stonehenge on quick emperor. AI gets it at around 18 turns.
Quick is always more difficult. You don't have the time to be better than the AI. There is an high probability that at least one of the AI is lucky with city placement and/or goody huts and is able to rush Stonehenge.

Quick is always more difficult. You don't have the time to be better than the AI. There is an high probability that at least one of the AI is lucky with city placement and/or goody huts and is able to rush Stonehenge.
Yeah I tried multiple starts and I still couldn't get it.
@Gazebo fix plox?

The AI doesn't get a discount on wonders. They've just got more citizens and therefore more production. There's no fix that makes sense.
Stonehenge is available exceptionally early. Since this is an extreme case maybe an exception can be made?

I tried going for the Stonehenge on deity 20 times now just to check this out, and I never managed to get the required policy before it was gone, I don't remember it being this impossible before the policy cost rework.

If I try 10 different starts and I still can't get it will you consider tweaking anything? Will also post my process.

No, there's nothing wrong. I'm not handicapping the AI specifically so that players can get one wonder, that's crazytalk.

G

Isn't the problem just Stonehenge unlocks at Pottery instead of the tier 2 tech tree like all the other ancient wonders?

On Deity the AI occasionally will get it extremely quickly, like turn 19 or 20. Its pretty difficult to get it done before then. I would guess it might be that the AI finds gold ruins and invests the project

See this is a good suggestion, and one I'd support. Good job.
Thanks dad. :)
Isn't the problem just Stonehenge unlocks at Pottery instead of the tier 2 tech tree like all the other ancient wonders?

Just guide the OP so he can build it. There are already two strategies that seem to work. Try that and if it still doesn't work let's see that step by step.
AI gets it at around 18 turns, give or take. In my recent test I disabled ruins and deleted any barbs coming my way.
1. Rush pottery (then animal husbandry and mining for potential extra hammers)
2. If you don't get monument you'll get your first social policy at turn 30 - so rush monument. In my recent test I got my first social policy at turn 16.
3. Between getting your monument and first social policy start making any building so once you do get your policy you can use the invest and overflow trick. Since you only have time for one building to do this trick on, if you're going to finish the building before getting your first social policy, try to work food tiles instead and time it that right before you'll get your first social policy you will also be one turn away from completing the building.
4. Get first social policy.
5. Finish the building from step 3 using the invest trick.
6. Start making stonehenge.

In this start I was looking to get it at turn 25, AI got it at 22 (which is actually pretty late from my experience from the AI).
https://imgur.com/a/aEE8v

Last edited:
Thanks dad. :)

AI get it at around 18 turns, give or take. In my recent test I disabled ruins and deleted any barbs coming my way.
1. Rush pottery (then animal husbandry and mining for potential extra hammers)
2. If you don't get monument you'll get your first social policy at turn 30 - so rush monument. In my recent test I got my first social policy at turn 16.
3. Between getting your monument and first social policy start making any building so once you do get your policy you can use the invest and overflow trick. Since you only have time for one building to do this trick on, if you're going to finish the building before getting your first social policy, try to work food tiles instead and time it that right before you'll get your first social policy you will also be one turn away from completing the building.
4. Get first social policy.
5. Finish the building from step 3 using the invest trick.
6. Start making stonehenge.

In this start I was looking to get it at turn 25, AI got it at 22 (which is actually pretty late from my experience from the AI).
https://imgur.com/a/aEE8v
It might be impossible to get on high difficulties without ruins enabled. The culture ruins (or a CS) help it get built much faster

I think having not require any social policies is a good idea

It might be impossible to get on high difficulties without ruins enabled. The culture ruins (or a CS) help it get built much faster

I think having not require any social policies is a good idea

I agree. I thought @GodDamnItAlexander wanted me to handicap the AI somehow, which was my problem.

G

Top Bottom