Difficulty Question//Stonehenge

Ahh. You're right. I love English. :p

Name some civs you think are too weak. I'll endeavor to prove you wrong.
He should have said "I don't think every civ is viable" if that is what he meant. I can somewhat agree, some of the water civs (like Polynesia) can have a tough time on a typical pangea start. But I imagine he is still playable

Stonehenge verses 6 early cities? Each with 2 faith a turn from shrines?
150 hammer stonehenge vs 630 hammers for 6 settlers. How is this a fair comparison? Stonehenge generates science and culture, fast settlers slow down culture and science.

Its a way to generate a lot of faith without having to settle so many cities so fast. Its not for every game or every pantheon, but its a good move for certain strategies.

No it's monument 3 authority free settler Bam Bam Bam Bam. Its not equal but just prioritization. Maybe not equal just talking out my ass.

I've won multiple games with these exact settings
Me too. However I recently tried to play Standard speed/Standard size/Pangea/+ruins/+events and i have to say that it is A LOT easier compared to Large/no ruins/no events which i usually play because i play multiplayer (not saying i'm better, probably not, cause i usually loose. Just an observation)

He should have said "I don't think every civ is viable" if that is what he meant. I can somewhat agree, some of the water civs (like Polynesia) can have a tough time on a typical pangea start. But I imagine he is still playable
Ouch! You're right, sorry for that. Polynesia is very playable if lucky to have snaky peninsulas. There are civs that do not have any early bonuses or who have crappy bonuses, they struggle a lot

Last edited:
Challenge accepted. Be back soon. Also I'm not going to cheese it by playing Duel, but I technically I could have it done in like 20 minutes.

Name some civs you think are too weak. I'll endeavor to prove you wrong.

Actually, couple of weeks ago i suggested a different challenge when every player plays the same map, to take a look and different strategy approaches (i.e how to settle, what to build, what to research in one particular situation). Want to try? And living surrounded by mountains is not an option.

Last edited:
lul I stopped when I had it clarified what he meant last night because some friends wanted to play Dota and I wanted to have a civ suggested. I've got to juggle work and other hobbies, so we'll see when I get time.
I have a civilization for you - Russia. I'm Russian after all.

Deity / Standard speed / Large / Pangea / no events / not Jade monopoly

I'll give it a shot next game. I won continents Russia on Deity last month, and I don't consider pangea easier than continents. I assume you want no ruins as well.

I actually really like Russia's UA

Why you guys play without ruins?
I play mostly multiplayer with my friend, and we play kinda competitive. we do not war each other, but do compete in other aspects. So it really bothers when someone found 3 ruins, which are gold, culture and production, while the other one found map+scout upgrade. As result 1 player is 30 turns ahead of another one just because he was lucky

Last edited:

You helped with my eternal debate about 'what to play next?'.

I also went with no ruins for a change but I have to say the ruin randomness is not that bad as in vanilla, here you're pretty guaranteed to get a culture ruin as one of your first two, and against deity AIs getting more than 2-3 ruins is a rare thing. So usually I leave them on, feels like unnecessary nerf to the (albeit good anyway) Shoshones and tbh there're worse sources of imbalance in this game, between starting position, CS meetings/quests or just stuff that happens at the other side of the world with no human player influence.

That being said, if you're really into comparing players playstyles, I'd suggest also post a standard map we'd all play so a lot of imbalanced variables are taken care of (like the infamous jade vs marsh sugar monopoly).

Already playing Deity/Standard/Large/Pangea/No Events/No Ruins/No Tech Brokering/Transparent Diplo/Furry Russia atm though, shared maps for the next time.

You helped with my eternal debate about 'what to play next?'.

Already playing Deity/Standard/Large/Pangea/No Events/No Ruins/No Tech Brokering/Transparent Diplo/Furry Russia atm though, shared maps for the next time.

we can try) No tech trading also, its too easy to abuse, i learned it from civ4. Go for some tech that is far away, sell it to everyone, get 5 other techs in exchange for 1 from different AIs

What is Furry?

How do i play with no events? I unchecked the option "enable event system" but there were still events. Do i also need to check "no bad events," "no good events," "no neutral events," "no trade events" etc. ? Do i need to modify the mod file?

How do i play with no events? I unchecked the option "enable event system" but there were still events. Do i also need to check "no bad events," "no good events," "no neutral events," "no trade events" etc. ? Do i need to modify the mod file?
(Remark : this is not the good thread to ask this question. This thread https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-questions-quick-answers.573489/ would be more appropriate)

I think this is a bug. If you disable the event system, you should not have any event
(if you can reproduce it, please make a post on Github : https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues).
If you want to "force disable" the events manually, just delete the folder "(1) Community Patch/Modules/Events".

Top Bottom