Dino Planet (beta)

Dino Planet?

• Wow great! Now I can eat my enemies!

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • Pointless. Who wants to be a dinosaur?

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I'm confused. What's a dinosaur?

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
Someone could post a leaderhead request. Someone might like a break from humans.

@npbnpb: could you please shorten your sig? Putting the list on one line should work.

ok,
That's what those pics on the last page were meant to be

If you start a new thread in the C&C forum with the notation "Leaderhead Request - Dinos" or similar, would be the best way.

(Sig is still 8 lines on my monitor... 5 is max. guideline)

I have a custom map that i may or may not get around to finishing and want to have dinosaurs on it. Thus my interest in this thread. If the rules adapt well, i'll let the mod creator have the map... if wanted.

is this ok?,
also look at those suggested leaderheads on the last page and tell me what you think

KayEss said:
Seems a bit extreme to me (but then I did start the thread) - if you want to talk about something off the main page do you have to start a new thread then?

That's what I was wondering. The end result seems to be the same..... an old topic resurfacing to the front page, except then you would have to link to the old thread so everyone knows what you're talking about.

@ npbnpb, those pics look good... go with it!

thank you, I'm hoping to get the raptors done soon so they can be added, the next update should happen before the weekend, including changed tek names, new tecks, leaderheads, possibly changed terain and resources, etc...

have you considered adding a standerdized map for multiplayer so that it could be fair?

And now, the much anticipated

Beta 2

The file can be downloaded here (17.5 MB)

Major changes are:
  • The main game is now 186 million years long as it should be. There are also two new games - easier and easiest which extend the game to 225 and 250 turns.
  • Some of the techs now have new icons thanks to Dreus.
  • Changed the names of many of the techs after feedback by npbnpb.
  • Added T-Rex advisors (not strictly in line with the mod, but they look cool) again thanks to Dreus.
  • Used animated leaderheads from Kinboat (but don't have static images yet).
  • Includes replacement title screen (thanks to Dreus again - preview).
  • Deleted all non-playable tribes so they don't appear in game.
  • Pop heads are now all dinosaurs (thanks to me :))

In order to use the new title screen you must replace the title screen in
[pre]Conquests\Art[/pre]
Remember to back up your original.

Warning I haven't had a chance to play test this at all in order to get it out before the weekend as promised. There's the possibility of there being a showstopping error in it. If so I appologise in advance.

KayEss, in the last message you said something about upgrading from animated images to staic images (I'm still trying to figure out how to use the quote thing :blush: ). I am a bit confused on this one, wouldn't animated leaderheads be preferable to static ones?

npbnpb said:
KayEss, in the last message you said something about upgrading from animated images to staic images (I'm still trying to figure out how to use the quote thing :blush: ). I am a bit confused on this one, wouldn't animated leaderheads be preferable to static ones?

Indeed they would, but I only have the animation (shown in the game setup and also during diplomacy). What I don't have are all of the other static images - victory, F4 screen, etc., etc. There's a load of them.

I'll try to make them from the images you sent me, but it's going to take me days to do - there's an awful lot of them.

Ok, I'll try to be patient...
If you need anything else done with those images I have some really good photo editing software and am quite good with them, and I would be glad to help if needed...

Cool, can't wait to see the full version!

I do have some suggestions, though:

* Add more detailed Civilopedia articles for each technology, unit, and civilization.
* Perhaps give each civilization a unique leaderhead. Perhaps you could have each leaderhead be a dinosaurized spoof on the original leaderheads of the civilizations you changed (I'd love to see a dinosaurian Cleopatra for the Anubisaurs, for example).

erm im randomly missing files....

well i presumed i wouldnt need them as i have PtW. Il try reinstalling and get back to you.

slozenger said:
well i presumed i wouldnt need them as i have PtW. Il try reinstalling and get back to you.

If the problem persists blame Microsoft.

After that can you tell me which files you're missing and I'll blame Microsoft and then try to look for them.

after choseing my civ (love the names BTW) i get the message that:

X_Raptor default.flc is missing

That's from the PtW extras - you need to make sure that the scenario is in the Conquests scenario folder and that the PtW prehistoric units are in the correct PtW directory (Civ3Ptw\extras\prehistoric\art\units).

Top Bottom