Diplomacy: AI offering a trade it doesn't want.

happens to me at least once a game if im actually playing nice with the AI... they out of the blue ask for a one sided request in return for a favor and when i accept they say it isnt good enough

Still happens after the patch... offer a favor for 3 energy or science, I press accept, and they say that is not good enough.

Me too.
I did a bit of testing and I think it's because the AI, after a certain level of dislike towards you, refuses to give you anything, even if you are offering absurdly good deals.

For example, Rejinaldo asks for Energy in exchange for a Favour. I accept and he says the offer is not good enough.
At this point, I'm in the deal panel and I see he's in debt for -97 energy per turn (!!!), so I try to offer him 300 Energy per turn in exchange for a favour. He says the offer isn't good enough.
I try to progressively offer more and more of my 1400 Energy per turn up until the point where I was giving all my Energy per turn in exchange for a single miserable favour.
Nope.

I would also like to point out that Brasilia was dead last in this game, besieged by two more powerful colonies and in desperate need of help. The AI's behavour doesn't make any sense.

Top Bottom