Diplomatic Total

Diplomatic Total 1.10

It's not a bug, the TOTAL was refer to the sum score of reasons (modifiers). And the relationship score is referring to "relationshipLevel" (0 - 100)

Maybe it could be made even clearly by changing "TOTAL" to "Change Per Turn"? Just a suggestion. Nice mod by the way!

@MentalMike, there's really no way for us to make our mods compatible (mine is the one that shows diplomatic deals) short of creating a combined mod, because we're both replacing the same file. Which I'd be open to doing if @Kavis is, we'd just have to have someway for each of us to update our parts like putting it on GitHub.

Curious why the 'Compatibility' section refers to "DiplomaticDealView.lua" when this mod actually modifies: "DiplomacyActionView.lua"?

Also shouldn't there be a closing </LocalizedText> tag at the end of your text XML?

No matter what I try, I can't get this mod to show up in Additional Content. But I've also never encountered a mod like this one that's intended as a stand-alone rar file in the mods (or DLC) file. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
is this compatible with the new persia and macedonia update?

Hi. I don't think this mod is compatible with the new Patch. When it is active, and i meet a new civ ingame, the entire UI disappears, and the leader screen doesn't start. So i am just stuck on that turn with no UI. :)

Same, happened with me as well. I removed/disabled all mods one by one until the UI stopped disappearing. This is the one that causes that to happen when any foreign leader tries to talk the animation doesn't load so the UI goes away and does not come back, the game is stuck at that point.

Can confirm that it's Diplomatic Total which makes that the Interface disappears -which is normal as it has to be replaced with a civ's communication screen- when encountering a new civ or when that civ contacts you for deals or whatever.

Hitting a civ's icon top right of the screen (including one's own) has the same effect; the civ's communication/info screen doesn't show, leavingthe player with the game's overview with no means of advancing the game. Ambient sounds continue; dialogue is missing also.

Activating and using the console doesn't help.

Hitting "Escape" luckily shows the menu, so you can exit the game. Reloading a save brings back the interface, but the game is utterly unplayable like this with Diplomatic Total enabled...

Had 22 mods active. Deleted them all and tried the game by adding a mod one at a time. Diplomatic Total was the fourth added (after 8 Ages Of Pace; Better National Parks; Daughter Of Seth) and the one that screwed-up.

Is an update among the possibilities, please?

No matter what I try, I can't get this mod to show up in Additional Content. But I've also never encountered a mod like this one that's intended as a stand-alone rar file in the mods (or DLC) file. Any suggestions?
The RAR file needs to be unpacked into the Documents/My Games/Civ6/Mods folder. That's all. When doing this the mod shows in the game's Additional Content section. If it doesn't, then there's something else going on...

Someone really should update the mod page to state that it no longer works.

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Diplomatic Total 20161223\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:1854: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Diplomatic Total 20161223\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:1854: in function 'PopulateDiplomacyRibbon'
C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Diplomatic Total 20161223\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua:2550: in function 'OnDiplomacyStatement'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

Top Bottom