Diplomatical loss!I want Veto-Mod!

Alterego

Chieftain
Hmm..being an evil bastard for 3000 years didn't pay off that well.
Rival made U.N and everyone voted against me.
Just when it started getting interesting!
:mad:
My question is:Can I somehow edit the victory conditions without having to start over?
Is it possible to disable the possibility of diplomatial victory during the game?
Thanks.

You could build the UN youself, and decline a vote.

During the game, no. Would have to disable it when you first start the game.

Is it possible to disable the possibility of diplomatial victory during the game?

1) Build the UN yourself and check 'NO' when vote is calling.
2) If you are too late to build the UN, check on F7 screen to see which cities are building the UN and go to war.

Thanks guys.
I didn't know it was possible for the owner of U.N to decline the voting.
Managed to build it 2 turns before France.
About to nuke the entire wolrd now.)
This is diplomacy.

actually if u gave everything u have and sign mutual protection pacts w/ everyone u can still win diplomatically due to mood based on points. 100 gold as a gift makes some1 go up 10 points with u. Don't ever give out more at a time. Just give out in 100 gold increments.

This happened in my first warlord game. I didn't even know the AI could win by diplomacy so it was a shock when I got the popup. I just reloaded to a previous save. For some reason the civ that built the UN never bothered calling a vote the second time around and I ended up winning by spaceship.

This happened to me early in my civ3 career, I have turned off this victory condition ever since. Everybodies always furious with me in the game by the industrial age anyway, I can never make friends in Civ 3.

My advice - Always turn diplomatic victory off, I do diplomacy GWB style ala M1A1 in your azz.

I have always turned off Diplomacy victory. Why bother with the UN?

In the very first game I played where I actually realised what I was doing and was dominant, I had no idea that you could win by simply building one wonder(and had killed off half the countries just for the fun of it so I wasn't that popular:( ). Since then I either check off diplomatic or build it myself and decline to vote. Mainly because I am a war-mongerer.

:ar15::ripper:

Top Bottom