DirectX 11 Graphic Problems since G&K

Charlieguns

Chieftain
I have a problem with tile graphics since I downloaded the last vanilla civ 5 patch and G&K. Some hills next to mountains are strange, some tundra hills are black, some ice is black, Rock of Gilbraltar is very odd...
I have Nvidia 460M GPU and the latest driver.
Please, can anybody help me?

2012-07-08_00010.jpg

2012-07-08_00008.jpg

2012-07-08_00004.jpg

2012-07-08_00005.jpg

2012-07-08_00012.jpg

2012-07-08_00003.jpg

2012-07-08_00001.jpg

2012-07-08_00002.jpg

I don't play on DirectX 11 so can't compare (a bug that caused the game to freeze whenever I set up a game or used the Civilopedia - since it's always at the same point every time, it seems more likely a bug than a memory issue, but I've no idea if it was fixed in G&K). However, from the images most of these (except the black areas on hills, and the desert hill image) look as though they're intentional additional detail, such as snow on hills surrounding mountains or rocky hills topped by grassland - the seams look too continuous and integrated with the rest of the graphic to be bugs.

Moderator Action: Moved to tech support.

G&K needs a bit more power than the base game...maybe too much for your system. Try lowering the graphical settings, maybe that's enough.

I tried running the game on all medium settings and the problem persist. However on Directx9 all tiles load correctly.

Problem solved!! I copy the file "GraphicsSettingsDX11" from a computer where the game was correct and paste it on my laptop, replacing the old file. I think the old file had something bad, I don't know.

I do not get a choice to use DX11. Why would that be? I am running an i5, 64 bit machine with windows 7.

Yes! right clicking on my steam short cut and going to properties>compatibility enabled DX11. I just needed to reboot. It makes a huge difference. :D

I've never had a problem running G&K with DX11 on my laptop...but now when I select it after "Play" via steam...I get a crash at the opening video. DX9 works...but with the same old red splotches appearing bug etc. Evidently after the Fall Patch something didn't carry over correctly. I'm sure there is a easy fix to have DX11 run once again. I tried looking at the compatibility setting...but all appear as Windows 7. Hmmmm any help would be appreciated.

I've never had a problem running G&K with DX11 on my laptop...but now when I select it after "Play" via steam...I get a crash at the opening video. DX9 works...but with the same old red splotches appearing bug etc. Evidently after the Fall Patch something didn't carry over correctly. I'm sure there is a easy fix to have DX11 run once again. I tried looking at the compatibility setting...but all appear as Windows 7. Hmmmm any help would be appreciated.

Could I see your dxdiag please?

I'm going to go ahead and necro this to say that I'm having the same problem.

Was this ever solved?

I was having same issue - mine went even further and my units were all invisible I couldn't figure this out for the longest time... then I deleted my mygames/civ folder - problem solved!

Top Bottom