• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Disable Intro Video

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Guys, plese use the search function and look at the stickies before you open a new therad. This problem has already been addressed here.

*edit* Ahh never mind I just noticed the thread merge mod action.

I'm getting bored with having the animation play every time I start the game. Can I start the game without it? You could in other versions.

Yes you can. Just change the value "SkipIntroVideo" from 0 to 1 in the user settings file. It should be located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.

For those of you who are interested in disabling the intro video here are some instructions:

Navigate to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/
Look for the file "Usersettings.ini" and open it in a text editor like Notepad
Search for the variable "SkipIntroVideo = 0"
Change the 0 to 1

Enjoy

I think it's ctrl+enter that skips it.

Or you can just press Enter when the game starts, ofcourse. ;)

If I could have just pressed enter when the video started I would not have gone though the effort to disable it.

Does this really work? I've been pounding 'esc' and 'enter' keys to skip the movie like a starving, sensory deprived test mouse pounding the food pellet knob at the end of a very long maze. And still the intro movie continues....

I would much rather have a still image or a loading bar than the same movie over and over and over and over again.... It's a small thing, granted, but it is the the small things that make your crazy sometimes. Kinda like the drip of a leaking roof on an frying pan....

During the first part of the video, it is loading the game, this lasts about 30 seconds depending on your system. Once this process has completed then if you've pressed Enter or anything it will jump to the pre-menu disclaimer.

If you have the video disabled, you get a blank screen for the 30 seconds and then it goes to the pre-menu disclaimer without you pressing anything.

The advantage of having the video disabled is minimal but if, like me, you quickly get sick of the videos then you might as well turn the video off.

For those of you who are interested in disabling the intro video here are some instructions:

Navigate to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/
Look for the file "Usersettings.ini" and open it in a text editor like Notepad
Search for the variable "SkipIntroVideo = 0"
Change the 0 to 1

Enjoy

go into the folde Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and find UserSeting.ini and find SkipIntroVideo = 0 and change 9 to 1

and you have done it

I did this and it worked! Thanks!

Really, though, I find it pretty odd that I have to hack *.ini files for Civ 5, one of the most popular computer games of all time, in order to prevent irritation.

minor but annoying question - i can't seem to cut the introduction short before the end. every time i boot up, i have to sit through the whole thing. tried everything - how do i get the thing to shut up and go to the game?

I assume that other people have the same issue. I've installed Civ5 and noticed that the beginning video takes forever. I have tried right-click, left-click, return, and esc to stop the video. Is the game trying to load during this period? Is there a way that I don't have the video show up and have the game load quicker? I am running Windows Vista and have ran Civ5 in both in DirectX 9 and 10.

- Browse to Documents\My Games\sid meier's Civilization 5
- Open the usersettings.ini in Notepad
- Find the setting SkipIntroVideo = 0 and change the value to 1
- Save your changes and you're done

However, it will show nothing but a black screen. That movie is a cover for a loading time, the first few times you load the game, it's slow.. but after, you should be able to skip it.

Is it possible to disable that annoying opening cut scene? I can hit the escape keep to get out of it, but it takes about 15 seconds or so before it stops.

Top Bottom