Divine Intervention

The earth shook and trembled as Mansa slept.
A Heavy slumber prevented his waking.

He woke to to the sounds of soft Chimes and blowing grass.
Breaching the sleep.

"Bring peace to this war-torn Land. There is suffering enough for all this day."
"You were tested and proven by many gods."
"Fickle as we are. We still demand of you."

With those words Mansa woke.
Still something in the soft southing voice told him. This would not be an easy task.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/134365/Wuffy_Edit_Mansa_AD-1960.CivBeyondSwordSave

Wuffy said:

Excellent catch Wuffy.

If I can get Wuffy's permission I'd like to add the following to his save.

Behold:

As the Great God Wuffy has declared peace, and given you a target I do the following to help you pursue his goal.

I Declare:
To help thee understand all of the little AI people in the world we bring all religions to Shanigan, and declare it the Holiest of Holy Cities.

I Declare:
Because Catherine has violated my Divine Borders I curse her and blight her culture. To reward the city she has starved into insignifigance I reward it with culture surpassing her own. Further I re-name this humble city. Let it no longer be known as "Cow, oh yeah, also our Forbidden Palace," forever more let it be known as "Most Cow, Great City of the Malinese Empire."

Lastly, because all this blessing and smiting has me in a real interventionist mood I take you up oh most religious of Mice on your offer in the first post and smite thee. But since I am a God of Balance today I shall do likewise to the Dutch, and also because those Dutch were just cheesing me off.

I Declare:
I shall smite a number of thy cities, blasting them from the lands. I shall also blight the Dutch likewise, smiting a city of theirs for each of yours I destroy.

NOW GO FORTH OH BLESSED MICE, AND IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT GOD WUFFY BRING PEACE TO THE WORLD, AND THE CLEANSING WORD OF WUFFY TO THE NEW LANDS.

Oh, and before I forget, I command thee to bring all the beasts of field and forest, hill and dale, to Tom Bombadil and scatter them across the countryside there, that he may tend them.

Oh, I also kinda made another change, also in favor of a peaceful world. To make your people less jealous of the other people of the world, and less likely therefore to declare war on them, I moved all the Wonders of the World into your Great Cities:
Timbuktu, Shanigan, and the Third Greatest City in the World, Most Cow.
-abs

Attachments

• Mansa AD-1960.CivBeyondSwordSave
    408.3 KB · Views: 176
Oh my goodness. *laughs* So I gave you the animals but they can't actually be controlled??? Oy vey.

Ah, I see. Animal units can only move into culture free squares.

Well then, guess you'll just have to use transports to load them and unload as many as you an into one city, where you bring Tom Bombadil. Never said fulfilling my whims would be easy.

-abs

The Malinese do not like this war with Native America. Too many people are dying . The land is not ours. Sitting Bull will not talk to us about peace.

The gods have persisted in playing tricks by seemingly erasing any memory of us in the minds of The Dutch people, and the Mayan people. "Mansa who ?" was the reply given to our envoys. We are strangers to them now.

We must be cautious with these leaders.

Trustworthy Catherine still remembers us and is friendly.

Our cities were changed beyond belief in the most recent divine catyclism. The religions of the whole world have shrines in Shanigan, materialized over night and awesome to behold.

Many of the wonders of the world built in Timbuktu and Djenne were dissolved and reformed in Shanigan, the holy city.

Malinese culture from Most Cow boomed like a wave across the landscape of Russia, converting the people on the ground to Malinese ways and ways of thinking. It is now a great centre of Malinese culture.

This must be a sign.

We will end the war as soon as possible. We will devote all our commercial efforts to enhancing the beautiful Malinese culture in our great cities. The world will see the glory of Mali through it's culture.

The animals of these cities, many generations removed form the infantry that was transmogrified, now sunbath and bask amoung the many temples, monuments and museums in the great cities. The population are happy beyond belief . However, on the water the war rages on and sailors burn before drowning.
Spoiler :

Poverty point is taken

and we sue for peace, and make an exodus

All the american land we took is turned over to a new leader there

The cities of Awdaghost and Awil , though Malinese would like to become independent, and a fine fellow is chosen to lead them

The Russian land, old Smolensk and Yatusk is returned to them

Mali enters a series of Golden ages wrought by great people,

and their great works

We aer forbidden to build flying craft, but not airports ! And then in an act of Hubris, we defy the god that gave us so much, and fly an artist to Shanigan, to complete his greatest final work

A statue

and what a veiw from Shanigan to the sea

With this last great work, all the civilsations recognize that Malinese is the greatest culture in the world, and there endeth the history of Mali.

Thanks to all , mortal and immortal who chipped in. It was a bit of fun. Happy holidays.

/applaud

Well played, sir Mice! This was an excellent thread to follow; hopefully, more of a like nature will be forthcoming soon. Incidentally, after having to cater to so many whimsical gods, I was pleased to see your act of defiance in the final hour. :goodjob:

That was blast to read and some fo your pics are hilarious XD

I'm kind of sad it's over, though. I was planning on really smiting you... Oh well, hopefully there will be another one sooner or later :D

That was very entertaining. Glad I got to hop in right at the end there for this.

That was very entertaining. Glad I got to hop in right at the end there for this.

Good one Wuffy. I dint see your creative construction execs until half way through the set. Couldn't settle one in Shanigan anyway because of mining inc there.

Yeah, I'm w. Rawthar. I'm not interested in playing the player, but I might be interested in being a god. Though next time around I'm going to be less drastic.

What was the group that someone suggested we start a new thread in? Anyone remember? I recall it wasn't here, strategy isn't really the right place for such things.

-abs

This was a good thread with a great idea by the OP. Conratulations.

My holidays are over now so I have to take a break.

Processing the screenshots is time consuming, more than playing.

I don't know about which forum because in fact different posters hang out on different forums. I like the strategy forum because there you find new posters and lurkers who jump in.

The RolePlay games of slobberinbear and madscientist are pretty far from "strat" but a lot of people enjoy them . So maybe this forum is OK.

Succession games sometimes have a similar format, like the "Irrational Isabella" thread, but generally the same posters are there and you could tend to have a core of posters in the game from the start and then that's all. In the Strat forum you get a wider range of people.

Just a few notes if someone does decide to have a go;
I thought it's best when the gods just alter the world, not give commands. Because in that case you're just playing out some instructions. A general rule could be that gods dont make a list of demands, just change things silently, with a booming voice giving some idea of what's going on.

Having said that, the ban on flying was good.

I like the "only units from the current era" rule.

Also a no two "got it"s in a row rule is a good idea.

Another idea is an atheistic version where only landforms are changed, because of global weather disturbances. An "inconvenient save". Cites could be erased from earthquakes etc, wonders destroyed, population removed due to viral infection. .

Just thought I'd say great thread. One of my favorites when I was still lurking way back then.
I was just wondering if any more thought had been put into continuing this game as a series? Seriously this is a great idea and I think it should be continued. As with most of the people here, I don't have the time to actually play as the mortal but would be willing to help with being god/ atheistic power.

Top Bottom