1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 5 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Browd, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

It's been too long since the patch for the hotfix already. I didn't expect one anyway. What a shame...

2. gfeier

gfeier Chieftain

Is it time to activate the DLC 6 General Discussion thread yet?

Manifold likes this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Not until they activate the DLC06 depots on SteamDB.

4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

:o Oh no! I'd really like to read what everybody is speculating about the second leader in DLC now that we know which civ will be in the 2 leader pack. Will it be Indonesia with two leaders? Or will it be a themed dlc pack that includes Gajah Mada and Churchill? But I guess these pressing questions have to wait then.

Manifold likes this.
  5. ONDOLINDE

ONDOLINDE Chieftain

I am very disappointed, not only because as a Mac user we have to wait longer, (I might be used by now and I realized I don't like that); not only because we didn't get multiplayer after almost a year the game is out, or the latest update yesterday, but most importantly because: 1) as a long time fan and customer, I see that 2k & Firaxis really don't treat all of us well and that Mac/Linux users are at the bottom of the barrel, priority wise. I often wondered why others in this forum would be vile and sometimes really crude about these two companies, but I begin to understand where the frustration is coming from.

As a Mac user, I understand what Aspyr told us yesterday, and even today with how they need to take out the multiplayer feature "out of the Mac/Linux code and [sweep it] again" before releasing DLC05 and, even that "it's not like flipping a switch," according to AspyrWoo's own words. Of course, as a rational human being, I understand the issues at hand based on this information, but the interesting part, at least for me, is that explanations are no longer sufficient. I can understand all you want, but actions speak louder than words.

The reason why I even made the naive mistake of assuming that the Summer Patch was going to be released right away (and thanks @Eagle Pursuit for jumping in to give me some perspective, yesterday) is that in my thinking the strategy I would have taken to appease the masses who are complaining about cross-platform and DLC05 and who have been waiting for more than a month now would be to give them something quickly. I am sure that there are numerous explanations as to why that did not happen, but it is not acceptable anymore.

Now, to my point where all of us are being treated poorly, but it might be that we love the game so much that we don't care. But here it is: 1)releasing something that is not of a higher quality and no indication or organizational internal process to fix that asap, and 2) the unresponsiveness and lack of transparency from 2K/Firaxis when they do make mistakes and in not responding to their fan base when the fanbase does give feedback. Again, actions speak louder than words. I do not think these are right ways of treating us. We don't (shouldn't accept) that treatment at work nor in our personal relationships.

Ok, some of you will say that this is just a game, which at the end of the day it is. Some others will say, I have the simple choice to accept things as they are or move on. But, my choice is 1) to ask why do we perpetrate treatment like this and 2) put my thoughts out there. Maybe it is because it is just how the industry is and it is so hard to change it, or just how things are with 2k/Firaxis. Yet, haven't we become an integral part of these companies? Isn't that what they say over and over again?

I place my thoughts out there in the hope that when 2k/Firaxis/Aspyr read this, and we have proof that they do, they know that one of Civ's fans is greatly disappointed and that I really haven't played the game in a while because I don't feel like playing it (maybe for the first time and it really upset me), and that something is chipping away at my loyalty for the game. I won't storm out of this forum and swear that I will never play the game again, nor I have uninstalled the games, but something is changing and it saddens me.

For me and for many of us, the game is/was more than a game (of course, within rational bounds, I must clarify :D), and you know what I mean. For example, another member of the forum mentioned that one of the reasons he played the game was to remind him how his 12 year-old self saw things with amazement and novelty as often children do. That was beautiful, I thought. And that should be respected because at the end, on this side of the equation, there are people.

But whether I didn't realize before that it has always been like this or for a long time or just recently, it is plainly not right. The people here are good people who deserve better for their excitement, loyalty and pure love of the game.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Piruparka, Leyrann, bbbt and 6 others like this.
  6. Katakanja

Katakanja Chieftain

Look on the bright side; the mysterious GH remains as enigmatic as ever. Is it a DLC? Is it an early testbed for expansion ideas? Nobody knows! :D

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  7. ARevera1

ARevera1 Chieftain

can someone update me on what I have missed in my time away?

8. Eagle Pursuit

2kqa_d has been updated with DLC06 and Civ GH. I have requested that my DLC06 Anticipation thread be reactivated.

9. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Chieftain

Let the games begin!

10. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: That thread has now been re-opened. You can find it here.

11. Eagle Pursuit

Looks like Public build just updated with the Mac and Linux files.

RohirrimElf and Siptah like this.
  12. bbbt

bbbt Chieftain

630 mb update currently downloading for me.

Edit: And Amanitore is now in my Civ list, so that's that.

13. Eagle Pursuit

On Steam Discussions, AspyrBlair said they are going to try to get the Summer patch and Nubia out for Linux tomorrow.

14. Eagle Pursuit

And it looks like this is beginning to happen.

15. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

since when is there an advertising for joining civfanatics in the main menu? Did this come with the Summer patch?

16. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

It's been there for a while

Eagle Pursuit, Leyrann and Siptah like this.
  17. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Firaxis really wanted Civ players to join CivFanatics.

Firaxis should hire Thunderfall.