DLC 5 General Discussion Thread

Reading between the lines of the Steam discussions, I believe the patch is not the problem and they're still having trouble with the cross-platform multiplayer. This could take a while yet.

I am particularly disappointed that it did not come out this week, especially because they confirmed it was their timeframe. The reason? I completely agree with you @gfeier that the cross-platform is to blame. It is utterly amazing that after almost a year Firaxis and Aspyr haven't been able to sort it out.

Okay, here's a weird one for you speculators:

Civ GH got a qa update a little bit ago. Not on 2kqa_g or 2kqa_h, but on 2kqa_c.

Wild-ass guess: Add-on bit to make cross-platform multiplayer work on the PC version, to be released with the Mac and Linux versions of the summer patch. This week?

Last edited:
Okay, here's a weird one for you speculators:

Civ GH got a qa update a little bit ago. Not on 2kqa_g or 2kqa_h, but on 2kqa_c.

Wild-ass guess: Add-on bit to make cross-platform multiplayer work on the PC version, to be released with the Mac and Linux versions of the summer patch. This week?

Hotfix hype!

I was wondering if Aspyr was waiting on Firaxis for something, especially as nothing else seems to be happening momentum-wise.

Hotfix hype!

I was wondering if Aspyr was waiting on Firaxis for something, especially as nothing else seems to be happening momentum-wise.

There are interesting inferences if it is a hotfix. It was created a month before the patch. That means they new they weren't going to be releasing a quality patch and instead of making it right, started a patch for the patch to be released later. And it has its own DLC app. Weird as heck for a hotfix.

There are interesting inferences if it is a hotfix. It was created a month before the patch. That means they new they weren't going to be releasing a quality patch and instead of making it right, started a patch for the patch to be released later. And it has its own DLC app. Weird as heck for a hotfix.

GH = General Hotfix :confused:

Hmm maybe they were always planning to release code to fix xplatform after the patch. I interpreted the lack of comments in the patch notes as because it was more relevant to the Mac side, but maybe it was always planned as a later release.

Hotfix hype!

This would be great if they are doing a hot fix. Just great!

I just wonder why the delay though? Why release something that wasn't good to begin with. Was it dependent on the multiplayer-patch to be ready on Aspyr's end? Fulfill a timeline? Part of me still thinks that they did not expect the amount of negative feedback they got, for some strange reason. Well, I don't know.

I think it is because we haven't heard from Firaxis for weeks before the Nubia DLC release, that they wanted to release them and treated the bugs as not severe.

Since we haven't seen a hotfix for Civ 6 before, I guess there's no speculated ETA, is there? Is it still Tuesdays or Thursdays?

As far as I'm aware, there is no reason to assume that Civ_GH is a hotfix.

It's gamescom, they could announce something there (dlc?)

They could. But It doesn't seem worthwhile just for DLC. And an expansion is probably close to a year away. Such an announcement would be highly premature. If Firaxis has any presence at Gamescom, it will probably be to push the XCOM 2 expansion that comes out next week.

As far as I'm aware, there is no reason to assume that Civ_GH is a hotfix.

It's definitely not the hotfix - the idea being it could be changes for xplatform that they have to push for Windows when Mac/Linux go live, and I'm very optimistically thinking if they are doing a production push anyway, maybe they'll do a few bug fixes in there as well.

Realistically, who knows. It could be xplatform changes but they don't want to add other changes and cause more bugs. It could be the expansion and adding qa build c to it was simply to integrate the patch changes into the expansion build.

It's definitely not the hotfix - the idea being it could be changes for xplatform that they have to push for Windows when Mac/Linux go live, and I'm very optimistically thinking if they are doing a production push anyway, maybe they'll do a few bug fixes in there as well.

Realistically, who knows. It could be xplatform changes but they don't want to add other changes and cause more bugs. It could be the expansion and adding qa build c to it was simply to integrate the patch changes into the expansion build.

They already had the patch changes integrated with it by updating all the DLC and main game files on the _g and _h qa builds.

What moving it to _c tells me is that GH will be coming before or with DLC06.

PS. Kevin Schulz just told me that they filled Pete's old job, and it's somebody we probably know. So either a member of the fan community or a Firaxian moving up in the ranks.

Last edited:
PS. Kevin Schulz just told me that they filled Pete's old job, and it's somebody we probably know. So either a member of the fan community or a Firaxian moving up in the ranks.

Is it you Eagle? :p

But you are going to pretend that it isn't, since we would have no way of knowing that when Firaxis reveals their newest employee, Edward P. Suit, it is actually you IRL? :lol:

hmmm I wonder who it is now

Hmm, I know this is less General Discussion than back to Anticipating, but I'm still doing that, since the DLC and accompanying patch weren't released for mac yet. The depots haven't been updated for many days. Does anyone have a good explanation besides Aspyr waiting for Firaxis and their hot fix?

Top Bottom