DLC 5 General Discussion Thread

I like them too. I might be the only person that actually likes the Viking pack. If there are any more, we should find out in the Livestream.
It's funny, I looked at it again the other day and realised it's not actually that bad value.

You get 6 city-states, 2 of which come offering their own unique Improvement. 3 Natural Wonders. And then a scenario.
Compare this to the Poland DLC, which had 1 civ with a Unique Unit and Building, and scenario.

It's actually pretty balanced in terms of content.

Nevertheless, I understand why people were disappointed. Civs and leaders are definitely the priority among most players.

If I recall correctly, the DLC 5/6 announcement said there would be two new civs and three new leaders. Do we have any confirmation yet of whether the "extra" leader will be in this DLC or the next?

Actually, the announcement merely said 3 new leaders representing Africa & SE Asia. No more info than that. Could be 3 leaders across 2 civs, or 3 leaders across 3 civs. We shall have to wait & see.

I find it odd that they're adding 10 achievements for one civ. I feel like something else is coming. I believe most other Civs just had the achievement for winning as them and then the scenario achievement/achievements depending on who you are in the scenario, like Poland's and Australia's.

Australia & it's scenario added 10 from memory...

With no patch notes as of yet is tomorrow looking unlikely for release? Or have they released notes and DLC on same day before?

With no patch notes as of yet is tomorrow looking unlikely for release? Or have they released notes and DLC on same day before?

Last time they released them the day before, but every other time they've released the patch notes about the same time as the patch iirc, so last time may just have been an exception.

I am in the hospital with my kid at the moment, but I would say this is prep for an early launch tomorrow.
Best wishes for your child and your family. Hope all goes well for a quick recovery. :please:

Those desert hills look a lot easier to spot than the current ones, which just look like extra-big dunes.

@Eagle Pursuit oh man that SUCKS. Prayers for your family. I HATE hospitals and I'm a worrywart about that stuff. Keep us posted about whats going on but I also understand that sometimes people like to keep it personal. I think we might have a release today bc they have not updated the QA's in a few days and the steam subs and collectors edition or whatever was updated yesterday.

Are we expecting the first look for the second civ today?

@Eagle Pursuit oh man that SUCKS. Prayers for your family. I HATE hospitals and I'm a worrywart about that stuff. Keep us posted about whats going on but I also understand that sometimes people like to keep it personal. I think we might have a release today bc they have not updated the QA's in a few days and the steam subs and collectors edition or whatever was updated yesterday.

Sadly, we have a lot of experience with hospital stays with this kid. So it's old hat to us. He has a respiratory infection and will probably be in for a week or so.

Top Bottom