DLC Map Pack

Hawaiian

Sage
Can someone describe what these maps are? Is it new graphics for different terrain (like different looking forests and jungles) or is it only new map scripts that arrange land in different ways?

Any feedback from those who own it? Like it? Dislike it? Favorite maps?

Thanks

The maps don't appear hugely different. The pack includes 5 real world locales (which I haven't tried, so disclaimer), including Mainland Japan, the Caribbean and the Bering Strait. Then there are map scripts like Skirmish (balanced for 2 players) and so on. Not too bad, and combined with the Denmark DLC you can get both for $7.49. As much as I dislike the idea of DLC, I got both since they were cheap and since I got a monetary bonus for good work from my employer. XD

Any more feedback on the latest Map Pack??

I'm normally reluctant to spend my children's inheritence on maps, but could be persuaded!!

Can someone describe what these maps are? Is it new graphics for different terrain (like different looking forests and jungles) or is it only new map scripts that arrange land in different ways?
maps and maps scripts. As far as I can tell no different graphics or anything.
Any feedback from those who own it? Like it? Dislike it? Favorite maps?

Thanks
I like it, personally I'm quite fond of continents plus :)

I'll crosspost myself from the Denmark DLC-topic:
Personally I really like the map scripts. Haven't tried the maps itself, though.

This is the list, but apparently I was mistaken with 'great plains' and it's already in. Not sure what the tenth scripts is, though. Somebody said 'donut', but I thought that was already in as well?

Anyway, here's the list (copy-and-pasted from page 14):

* Amazon ("similar Amazon or South America with random elements")
* Bering Strait
* British Isles
* Carribean
* Continents Plus ("similar to continents, but with expanded scripting for chains of islands and city state placement")
* Eastern United States
* Great Plains donut?
* Japanese Mainland
* Pangaea Plus ("similar to pangaea, but with expanded scripting for chains of islands and city state placement")
* Sandstorm ("A harsh world comprised primarily of desert")

got to say the maps do look interesting, esp the continents plus (i play mostly small continents at the mo)

can you change the size of these maps or are they fixed?

got to say the maps do look interesting, esp the continents plus (i play mostly small continents at the mo)

can you change the size of these maps or are they fixed?
The maps are fixed, the map scripts aren't.

Bering Strait, British Isles, Carribean and Eastern United States are standard size, Japanese Mainland is tiny.

Maps for money...Call of Civ:SCAM.

Moderator Action: I'm not sure if this is a joke or what, but it doesn't really help further discussion, thanks.

Can you tell me what the differences are between continents plus and the existing continents?
Extra chains of islands, basically.
Which make the map feel, to me, like a mix between continents and archipelago.

But I've only played two games and finished neither, so I can't honestly say how the whole map looks. But s far I like it.

random map scripts.

What does this mean, exactly? I thought the Map Pack was just a handful of new maps. but it sounds like there's more to it...

[edit]Are you referring to the scripts that generate random maps within the parameters a given theme (sandstorm, Amazon, etc.)?

Also, if I buy this, will it be possible to roll one of the new maps or themed map scripts if I pick random map during game setup?

TIA!

5 maps, 5 map scripts. I assume if you hit random, you should be able to get any of the maps, yes.

Seriously, to pay money for maps is :crazyeye:
Yes, why should we reward the hard work of these developers to update the game with new content with 3 whole bucks? I could buy a bucket of chicken wings at KFC for that. Everything should be free to begin with, because we deserve it, dammit.

And when they release an expansion pack with new maps and civilizations, that should be free too. In fact, they should be paying me for taking time out of my busy day to play their unworthy game. Fools.

Yes, why should we reward the hard work of these developers to update the game with new content with 3 whole bucks? I could buy a bucket of chicken wings at KFC for that. Everything should be free to begin with, because we deserve it, dammit.

And when they release an expansion pack with new maps and civilizations, that should be free too. In fact, they should be paying me for taking time out of my busy day to play their unworthy game. Fools.

Boy you look so smart by quoting me and aswering to completely different statement that's only in your head, right?

What hard work? To make a map? You call that hard work?

Because it doesn't cost much? Of course it doesn't, it didn't cost Firaxis anything to ask one of their staff to make a map, so why they should be charging a lot?

They won't be releasing an expansion pack Mr Hyperbole. They might release a larger DLC one day and call it Expansion, but that's that. Of course I'd buy a real expansion, because it'd be worth the money and I'd want to repay developers for their hard work. But I don't see hard work involved into any DLC's so far.

Lastly, on topic and to explain why it's so baffling to me to charge for maps:, I've got just one word for you, just one word: FRACTAL.

Top Bottom