DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

Using VMC v88, CSD v28, D:CS v6.
Haven't altered any configuration options.
I get a garanteed crash at some point in the latter half of the game; I have run dozens of test games using different versions of all mods but csd, (since 28 is the only version that i can find which uses the VMC DLL) but i can't seem to find the cause.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: The Crash is apparently caused by a civ influencing another with its ideology. (aka public opinion)
It is also definitely caused by the dll, but only if DIPLOMACY_CITYSTATES=1 in the custom mod options.
<!--It doesn't happen if you also use CivIV Diplomacy Features from this thread.-->
Nevermind that, it does still crash, I still had the aforementioned variable set to 0.

Another edit: I should probably mention that by now I have also tried CSD v28 standalone and the crash happened again, so the bug is ins CSD after all, apologies for indicating it wasn't. For now i will probably be using a personally edited version of CSD v27. Should I repost this in the CSD thread then? The latest version that was officially released was 27, and only in the steam workshop...

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.rar
    40.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I fixed the CTD problem I had!
You simply need to go to \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 28)\DLL\AddDefines.sql
and add the following lines:

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_PER_CITY_UNHAPPY', '2';

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_POP_PER_UNHAPPY', '6';

I fixed the CTD problem I had!
You simply need to go to \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 28)\DLL\AddDefines.sql
and add the following lines:

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_PER_CITY_UNHAPPY', '2';

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_POP_PER_UNHAPPY', '6';
Thanks for the fix!

Reporting another problem, similar to the 'CS embassies lose their extra votes upon save reload' problem in the World Congress I reported last year, fixed in post #329 of this thread.

One of the resolutions, 'Demand a Sphere of Influence over [City-State]' isn't working. That is, it works upon the resolution passing at first, but upon save reload its effects are gone, as if that resolution was never passed in the first place. Just like what happened with CS embassies last year. Never noticed it until now because this was a resolution I normally never take advantage of due to being so difficult to pass.

Using VMC v88 + Diplo-CS v6 + CSD v28.

I think other resolutions should be checked as well; I have a shrewd suspicion that this resolution's 'sibling', 'Enact an Open-Door Policy over [City-State]' might be bugged especially, though the others might have issues at saving their results too.

If logs, .db files or whatnot are needed, am playing and finishing a game(with other mods active) at the moment so if you request them I'll try to get them later.

hello, any progress on that? this mod combination always resulting a crash through a game.. its abandoned project ? why? it's almost finished...

Hi, I am trying to switch the MOD (v89) on, and am using version 1.0.3.279 of the game - but keep getting told that this version is not compatible with the MOD!??? Have used this mod on the main before, so no sure why this is happening!?

Do you have v88 still in in the MODS sub-directory, if so move it somewhere else. You may also need to clear the mod cache (but only do this as a last resort)

Thanks for the quick response. No, I have a new computer, so the MODS folder is empty (except for those I am now adding) and this is the first version of the MOD I have added. That's why is is strange!? How do I clear the MOD cache? and what are the potential risks?

Delete the file Civ5ModsDatabase.db in the sub-dir "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache"

The downside to deleting this is you then have to re-enable every mod again, which if you play with 200+ is a real PITA!

Just tried it, but unfortunately, it is still not letting me enable it and is saying it is not compatible!? see attached......I simply cant understand why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.19.44.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.19.44.png
    501.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Sorry for asking, but are you absolutely certain that's the version number displayed at the bottom of the main menu?

Fair question, but yes, I am 100% certain. I am looking at it right now and have checked a few times - I only downloaded it from Steam today on the new laptop, so it is the most updated version. I have played the game with other mods to check and they are working. I am having issues syncing with the steam cloud in case you think that might be an issue? I have played over 300 hours of civ 5 (love this game) and made mods myself (although nothing like yours which are truly fantastic btw!) so am not a total "Lehman"....i am totally confused.

i am totally confused.

You and me both!

Using Notepad, edit the file "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 89)\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 89).modinfo" and change the line
<Game minversion="1.0.3.279" maxversion="1.0.3.999" />
to
<!-- Game minversion="1.0.3.279" maxversion="1.0.3.999" / -->

Restart Civ and see if the little blighter will load now!

Yes! that has worked :) Buzzing, thank you so much....

Once again, your MODS and work on CIV 5 is extremely respected and appreciated. I have used SOOOOOO many of them to great effect! Im sure you get that all the time, but I wanted to say it again.

¬¬'

Smart AI also have a standalone DLL. Actually, the mod is just the dll. Do i need the standalone mod to use the DLL Various Mod version of Smart AI V3?

Hello. I am not even sure if this thread is still active at all, but I wanted to try anyway because I have been beating my head on this issue I'm having. I'm trying to use a whole bunch of pick'n'mix mods + C4DF + some other non-dll mods. For the most part this has worked fine, except that I cannot trade with other civs. At all. The trade screen is blank and clicking on anything in either inventory doesn't do anything. Sometimes the civs will offer me trades but there'll just be nothing.

I've tracked this down to C4DF, removing it fixes the problem. I've also tried to use C4DF without PnM and it works completely fine, so it must be a compatibility issue.

The weird thing is that back in 2016 another user in this thread said he had the exact same problem, and that he eventually managed to fix it by updating his DLL-VMC package (at the time he was using v67).
So would this be the cause also for why when I enter the diplomacy screen the trade section is blank?

Edit: Nope, It isn't I am going through my modlist and disabling mods one-by-one to see

Edit: Turns out I am not smart and I fixed it. I had v67 of the DLL component... Updated it and it fixed my issue, I do have a question though that maybe you could help with. A lot of my icons and stuff in the game will occassionally become Black boxes, what would be cause of this?

At this point it's of course 3 years later and I am using the current latest release (v94). Everything is up-to-date. So I'm at a dead end here. Hope that someone here might still be able to help me.

Top Bottom