DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

Nevermind, I just got it to work with some finicking. Sorry about the spam and thanks for the help you gave. You're the best whoward. A civ modding god.

As this is mainly a "group-help" thread, might be useful if you posted some details of the required "finicking" (in case anyone else following after finds it helpful) :)

Alright, the game I mentioned was finished. Now I'll get to playing standalone CSD v28 and VMC v82/Diplo-City States v5/CSD mix each and try to find out whether the problems persist.

For the sake of letting me have complete control over test parameters and making it go along more quickly, I'll enable IGE as well and start the game at a late era, to found the World Congress instantly and spam every CS with my embassies from Great Diplomats. Just adding IGE won't affect what I'm trying to find out, would it?

Also, another kind-of bug-like thing to address: Some of the C4DF messages, which you said you fixed in the v81 DLL, still aren't appearing. Most notably the leader greetings between a master/vassal relationship in the initial diplo screen, they merely show the default messages instead of reflecting the current vassalage relationship. Many of the messages such as the 'what do you think of X' messages and tax rate change comment messages are working properly, so I guess you missed making some of the messages activate? Could you look into that?

EDIT: Wait a minute... looking into the Github I think I found what I was looking for. I downloaded the .zip and I think the usual files are all in there.

Except... the .modinfo file.

This won't work without that file, right? Will copy/pasting the .modinfo from the version you linked to in post #304 work?

With no reply, I just resorted to building a new .modinfo by copying the v28 file from the VMC-version linked on this thread, then building references to the v28 .dll for it and deleting any dependency references while consulting the standalone CSD v27 .dll.

Now running the mod, it works... at first glance.

Just added my Great Diplomats throughout the whole world with IGE and planted like 20 CS embassies for the test, now I'll see whether they work fine.

Things to check:
- Bug where CS embassies suddenly lose their extra votes upon reloading saves
- Bug where CS's randomly get mad at you for no apparent reason - this one might not be possible to test if as mentioned earlier, it requires a CS's allegiances changing to a different major civ, or certain random quests firing
- Issue with possible number of active resolutions: CSD should make this 3.

Won't be testing any of the crashes I've been running up against recently; the reason's been narrowed down to certain CS's being conquered, and with CS captures sometimes progressing smoothly without any problems this seems impossible to replicate on purpose. The issue can be mostly circumvented by using IGE and deleting all of the CS's enemy units in the vicinity anyway. I have a hunch that the crash only happens when the CS is conquered in the process of a war that it was dragged into because of its allied major civ, but I'm not completely sure about it.

After checking those points, I'll be doing the same thing with VMC v82+Diplo-City-States v5+modified CSD v28, see if the problem situation is the same.

Will be back after tests finish.

Played(actually, most of the time just kept clicking 'next turn' after spamming embassies and founding World Congress, except for allying everybody with diplomatic units) through 50-ish turns on both cases. Results:

Standalone CSD v28:
- CS embassies still lose the extra votes they should give upon reloading saves
- Number of active resolutions is 3 instead of 2, as it should be.

VMC v82 + Diplo-CS v5 + CSD v28:
- Number of active resolutions is 2 like default game despite CSD active -> abnormal

The CS's randomly getting mad never happened on both games during the time I ran them, even though it definitely happened to me and another guy in the VMC/CSD setup. Indeed must be a random quest thing, or I simply don't know how to make it happen on command with the editor.

So, embassies losing their votes seems to be a problem with the new version of CSD, while the loss of active resolutions seems to be a problem with either the VMC dll or its accompanying Diplo-CS mod.

Bleh. Guess I should still stick to VMC v81 and CSD v27 until this issue gets fixed.

Number of active resolutions is 2 like default game despite CSD active.
Using SQLite (there is a tutorial on it), can you confirm the actual value of LEAGUE_PROPOSERS_PER_SESSION in the Defines table - it should be 3 with CSD v28 enabled.

Using SQLite (there is a tutorial on it), can you confirm the actual value of LEAGUE_PROPOSERS_PER_SESSION in the Defines table - it should be 3 with CSD v28 enabled.

Blah, I cleared out my cache. I no longer have the db files for the first test to cross-examine.

Well, at least the files from the VMC + CSD test are still there. Just looked at them.

LEAGUE_PROPOSERS_PER_SESSION's value is 2, not 3. Yes, it's the version with CSD enabled alongside the VMC dll.

LEAGUE_PROPOSERS_PER_SESSION's value is 2, not 3. Yes, it's the version with CSD enabled alongside the VMC dll.

I've tracked this one down to the odd way that mods load if mod X depends on both mod A and mod B - basically mod X will load after mod A or mod B but not necessarily after both of them.

I've changed the CSD micro-mod to depend on only CSD (which itself depends on the DLL) and altered the XML to fix this.

Version 6 of "Diplomacy - City States" will have the fix.

VMC v82 + Diplo-CS v5 + CSD v28:

Tracked this one down as well, fix will be in v84 of the DLL.

It's actually much worse than just the missing votes - NONE of the CSD data is being saved! (The bug is in the CSD v28 code base)

As C4DF has copied the CSD code, the C4DF pPlayer:VassalGoldMaintenanceMod value isn't being saved either.

Also, another kind-of bug-like thing to address: Some of the C4DF messages, which you said you fixed in the v81 DLL, still aren't appearing. Most notably the leader greetings between a master/vassal relationship in the initial diplo screen, they merely show the default messages instead of reflecting the current vassalage relationship.

Have you verified this works correctly in C4DF v11 stand-alone - as while there are 4 diplo messages for vassal/master greetings - they are never used within the code (as far as I can see)

Have you verified this works correctly in C4DF v11 stand-alone - as while there are 4 diplo messages for vassal/master greetings - they are never used within the code (as far as I can see)

I'd like to fix this. Which ones aren't showing up?

The four that match the pattern

DIPLO_MESSAGE_GREETING_(HOSTILE_)?VASSALAGE_(VASSAL|MASTER)

Thank you. I'll fix it.

Just tried twice VMV+C4D+CSD + a bunch of picknmixmods (Last ver. for all of them)
Marathon/large map
Enjoyed a lot until CTD before t700
Desappointed then
I'll keep an eye for some news bugfixed releases
Need a log/savegame?

In your Civ5 root-folder there should be a file called CvMiniDump.dmp. This one might be helpful for whoward to identify the problem.

I activated the modifications in the following order:
1) DLL - Various Mod Components (v 86), CustomModOptions.xml by default
2) City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 28)
3) Diplomacy - City States (v 6)

165 turn - the start of the game, and around 200 turn... always crash (at fast speed)

Download the report

Just out of curiosity: try enabling IGE in the crashing save file and have a look around the world. Is there a city-state that's about to be captured?

DistantRainbow, nope)
With Diplomacy - City States (v 5) + VMC (v 86) + CSD (v 28) the crash happened again.
VMC, if he is one, works fine, the problem in CSD v 28.

The four that match the pattern

DIPLO_MESSAGE_GREETING_(HOSTILE_)?VASSALAGE_(VASSA L|MASTER)

Has this issue been handled/fixed as of now?

Top Bottom