[IAAR] DM1: Deviant Minds Tourism Club (an SG)

OK I've only got 5 turns left so will continue on defending our outpost.

I buy a crossbow, takes a lot of our treasury. Also send an archer and a horseman over there as well.

Found my missing picture

These could be good for giving us GP points across the arts!

Concentrated on getting some deals for our excess resources

Here is the situation at the end of my turns

All under control, he hasn't seriously tried to attack yet. There is an archer and horse a few turns away, we should upgrade these to knights and crossbows (as well as the horse already there) when they arrive and I'm building a couple of knights to send across, we should buy another crossbow as well.

I've sent two apostles to Germany for some religious *****fighting.

Research is Metal Casing (for bombards), getting another crossbow in the next couple of turns should give us the inspiration.

And finally a roster

1. pholkhero >> on deck
  2. Rex Tyrannus >> scratching madly
  3. Ozbenno >> just played
  4. David >> don't hassle the hof
  5. Nfora >> UP

Attachments

• DM1 t165.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Buy a crossbow and put him in Sau Luis. Build walls there. Bring more troops west (which will take about 5-10 turns). Keep buying crossbows if gpt is high-enough. (Can we faith buy troops?) Turtle and defend until we have overwhelming force. Strike hard once we do.

My two cents.
Pretty much all of this. I haven't looked at the save in a while; do we have many modern units? If not, upgrading could be costly. This definitely affects which civics we choose when Merchant Republic comes in.

There's going to be some fun come my turnset. I'd better start picking out a soundtrack.

Edit: Ozzie posted while I was typing. That wasn't nice of him. I see the save, and plan to play starting in 11-13 hours.

Aussies aren't weird. We are just linguistically lazy. Everything gets shortened. Afternoon becomes Arvo. Breakfast becomes breakie. 'See you later on' becomes 'ron'. Good Day becomes g'day.

'See you later on' becomes 'ron'..
ahahaha lol

good turns oz ~ i agree w the sentiment to take the attack to him once able. Do we need a bit of siege as well? Really, this war will probably win the game for us if we're to a)take any cities of his w wonders and b) take his great works. Then we just turtle, build wonders et al, and press enter an awful lot.

my advice would have to not submit to blackmail.

NO BLACKMAIL!!

Alright, so I picked up the save, took one look at our situation, and had a mild panic attack.

The first thing I noticed was this:

Kongo already has Corps. That's definitely bad news for our war plans, especially when we don't have any units on site.

Then I reviewed the state of the empire, and we're not in great shape there either. We're hardly producing any faith, so we can't buy apostles. Our plan for relic tourism may not hold up for long.

On the bright side, we're at snowball stage... we're overtaking Kongo in both science and culture, and that's only going to get better as we bring more infrastructure online. Our empire is immense.

Inherited Turn 165:
Shedet: Settler->Trader (quicker and more useful right now)
Belem: Builder->Holy Site (this city has no production. Some place else should get it a builder)

Then I re-micro'd all of our cities' focus buttons.

Turn 166:
We took some damage across the board, but it could have been worse. Reformed Church came in, and I went for a policy swap. I replaced Caravansaries with Scripture to boost our faith output; we only have 3 trade routes right now, and our max is 6. This isn't a big loss. I picked Enlightenment as our next civic, thinking to head towards Opera and Ballet for the Bolshoi.

Sao Paolo: Street Carnival

The war: I opted to kill the wounded crossbow to try to save our knight.

Turn 167:
Our knight lived! I swapped him into the city centre to heal while exposing the crossbow

Curtiba: Settler->Catapult (this is a great production city right now)

Turn 168:
Sao Luis is getting very low in health. That catapult corps is a problem. I land an archer, shifting the knight out to sea, to help boost the city's defenses. I spread a bit of religion in Germany.

Turn 169:
Kongo offers us horses for peace. With Pholkhero's voice ringing in my ears (I imagine it as deeply persistent) I refuse.

Some boosts occurred, we finished Banking and I chose Square Rigging since we have the boost. Enlightenment came in and I chose the Ballet.

Rio: Shrine->Temple
Corinth: Knight->Knight
Ra-Kadet: Theatre Square->Univeristy (Should we be going Art Museums or Archaeological?)
Curtiba: Catapult failed out because we don't have the Nitre for bombards. There's a source nearby, so I switched to a builder here.

I pumped two envoys into Kandy because:

Germany took offense to our apostle's actions. I decided to agree to leave him alone. This may have been a mistake, but we can send the apostles elsewhere.

On the war front, I took out a catapult at sea and a scout. I still don't know why he backed his catapult corps out of the fight.

Turn 170:

Freddy came calling to denounce us:

Apparently agreeing not to spread religion on the same turn you spread it confuses the AI.

I decided to spit in his face and use that particular apostle's last spread against him.

Sao Luis has been abandoned by enemy forces. All's quiet on that front, which just gives us time to heal. A bit of knightly exploration turns up Chicken Itch at Kwango.

I buy a fresh apostle in Manaus

Turn 171:
Manaus: Campus->Amphitheatre and I let Sir Isaac do his thing, giving us the eureka for Astronomy and a nice boost to our science outpuut
Fortaleza: Builder

Turn 172:
Kongo offers 1gpt, 21g, and incense for peace. This time Pholkhero is yelling in my ear, so I defiantly refuse. He has moved his catapult corps in, but this time I'm ready, softening it up with a catapult and then dropping two horsemen on it to wipe his biggest threat off the map.

I opt to pass on the great engineer. Bi Sheng bulbs Printing, which we have, and lets the city build one extra district, which I don't think we need right now.

Turn 173:
I swap the civic for wonder construction over to the one for extra culture from theatre square district buildings, then realize I was going to try to start the Bolshoi someplace.

Salvador Da Bahia: Trader

I save two envoys for the next player to decide about (or to wait for the next batch). I think extra faith is our best bet, but we need 4 to get to the next level with a city state.

It turns out the Galapagos are just south of us. Remember that bonus we got from Kandy? Yup, we got ourselves a relic!

Turn 174:
Square rigging came in, chose Astronomy. I setup a couple of trade routes to improve our roads from east to west. I also founded Natal near all the wheat in the east. It'll need a builder shortly.

Rio: Bolshoi Theatre
Shedet: Bombard

Turn 175:
Kongo asked for peace again, but this time is only offering 1gpt. I refuse because now I don't like him either. This guy.

Corinth: Knight->Bombard
Curitiba: Builder->Bombard

I have a knight with a pillaging promotion on his way north to cause some economic damage to Kongo. There are also a couple of Apostles on the way to England. There's a builder somewhat heading towards Natal to get it started.

I don't think I did enough to get us back on track, but we're at least starting.

1. pholkhero >> UP
  2. Rex Tyrannus >> On Deck
  3. Ozbenno >> Relaxing
  4. Knight Rider >> Driving around
  5. Nfora >> Only made lots of mistakes

Attachments

• DM1 t175.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
We have a relic! We should probably not extinguish the faith charges of our apostles and let them die in combat if possible. Often, if we use a charge on a smallish foreign city enough to change faith (or neutralize the existing religion) the AI will try and reconvert its city so the apostle should hang around.

deeply persistent=mildly annoying? :lol:

nice turns ~ the no blackmail reference was to Monty Pythons Life of Brian, but either way, that works ~ i believe the AI only offers peace when they know they're in a f-ed position ~ I'm thinking we need to roll up their cities a bit. I see that you posted the save, but won't play until later today, maybe report tonight ~ see how my time spent in WoW treats me in-between. I'm going to keep the war going, capitalizing on the terrible AI decision-making, but I'm torn a bit re: faith.

I wonder if, at this point, we should just keep the relics we may get from exploring, but focus more on wonders and great folks instead. If you have thoughts, please share. If you don't have thoughts (looking at you Rex), please share random ideas such as "I invented cheese."

as per usual, land=power in Civ games. as the biggest land holder, i agree w/Nfora ~ we're at the snowball stage, and, barring anymore DoWs, the game will be on Press Enter stage. At this point, unless there's a war, we should be playing 15 turns a set (which, now that I write this) might've been the fallback position in cIV.

Cheese is over-rated.

hey sorry all ~ i played yesterday and did a writeup, but i haven't had the chance to upload and deal w imgur to post screenies. I should be home today around noo (austrailian for noon) so i'll post there. didn't want to do another crummy report two in a row.

not much change to report though

It's nice that they change up the intro based on the era the save is in, but really? Every time??

Ibt: ignored food at Sao Luis and Forteza

1150: great writer

re-jiggered ra-kadet to get zero growth for now. I did this for a number of cities that were at the housing soft cap to try and squeeze more production out of our Brazilians.

I also sent some warriors north to fogbust instead of our more valuable archers.

ibt
Trade w Eng

denied. My thinking was that luxuries give happiness to 4 cities but is it only for one instance of it? Or, if we have 2 tobacco, does that go to 8 cities? I thought the latter.

1160:
Colonialism eureka as Astro in, Ballistics next for field canon. I MM rio for no growth.

Wtf is a colossal head?

I built it, of course, but, really…where did it come from?

Ibt: he wants peace again

:lol:

Startred Manaus on Arch musuem. For some reason, showing off egyptian and greek artifacts to secure our win appeasl to me.

1180:
I evangelized a belief.

Really, I should've asked the group, but after taking long I threw caush into the wind ;)
I took the one that blocks religion loss from combat losses. Thought that would help us if we plan on fighting religiously a bunch

Send envoys to kumasi for the additional culture boost

Here is Stockholm:

Future colony of Brazil, imo

Also, another CS:

Apostolic Suicide squad...ATTACK!

1190:
Mercantilism>Colonialism for the next civic for architects
Salvador: knight>street carnival, and trade route to Sao Paulo for the northern road

More great works, and he's done

Ibt: no peace for you

1200:
Really?

If this is all he's got to attack us with, it's just a question of getting our units in position.

Repair granary in Luis that somehow got destroyed from a Stockholmian- Stockholmite- a blue unit.

:lol:

Yoink!

Ibt;

I also discover that I got ice cream on my shirt :(

1210:
paulo: carnival>carnvale!

Interesting ~ sugar and corn?

Hi-fructose corn syrup??

1220:
colonialism>natural history
More envoys to Kumasi, up to 4 now

First time i’ve ever found crater lake

And a new relic:

I’ve also been playing cat and mice with 2 barb swords in our north.

I took out one so far, and am leading this one around still

1230:
Athens: Potala palace
Luis: Med walls

1240;

1250:
Eurka’d seige tactics w/ballistics. Didn’t select a tech, though. [actually, sharp-eyed players will notice i took Industrialism, but only b/c i coudn’t proceed with production/unit mvmts.
IMG

Corinth: Bombard>Theatre district
Fortaleza: anc walls (just in case)

Huh~ i played 11 turns… :dunno:

Anyway, things are progressing apace.
We have one bit of war weariness in corinth, but nowhere else. Have two horse, 2 xbows, a bombard and soon 2 knights near Kongo. Another bombard is on the way there.

I think we should take out Kwango and follow the river up to Mbanza. If we take those two, that’ll be fine for ending the Kongolese threat. Then, we can colonize the coast all in there for more land power.

We have an apostle in England about to sacrifice himself for the greater brazilian good if he can only find an enemy apostle to die...er, fight against.

Also notice the army. All dressed up ~ wonder where they’re going
Another thing to think about might be to find some island cities as resort towns.

Here’s the island with Buenos Aires that could fit two cities and about 3 resorts.

Rio could also hold four at end game, if we give up some resources.

1. pholkhero >> just played
  2. Rex Tyrannus >> UP NOW
  3. Ozbenno >> on deck
  4. Flames on Heroes' Face That Melt Like That Dude in Raiders
  5. Nfora (just Nfora)

Attachments

• DM186.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Well done (or onya in Aussie), seems to be coming along nicely. We should make sure we have a temple spare if we pick up another relic (there is an English apostle near Rio we should generate our own and fight). The island cities for seaside resorts seems a good idea, we should be prioritising this (and archaeologists) as our tech/civic goals.

Colossal heads are a suzerain bonus. I forget which city state. As far as I can tell you only get any benefit from keeping one copy of a luxury. The rest are safe to trade.

What flavour was the ice cream? You really shouldn't leave important details out of your reports.

Save acknowledged. I'll play 'n post tomorrow.

Regarding the war, I think we shouldn't take both cities. So many of my games have basically become me killing the AI. (I did just win my first peaceful game last weekend, though.) It's easy to win a cultural game when you kill everyone. I'd rather take one city and get him to peace trade some of his great works. We really don't need his lands, otherwise.

Also, I echo Benno's (or Ben's in 'murican) concern that we might not have enough slots for all these relics. I'll check the great works screen in my inherited turn.

What flavour was the ice cream? You really shouldn't leave important details out of your reports.
chocolate chocolate chip

Top Bottom