DMAW03: The Golden General

Zophos well played and great on getting the war chariots happening. Btw I like your sig. "soon you will call me master".

Btw I like your sig. "soon you will call me master".
That quotation is not an expression of desire - it's a cynical analysis of politics. Or, as I see it, a lament. :sad:

So true Zophos politics is not about fair representation but serving the corporate masters.

Well done, Zophos! The game is not so doom and gloomy afterall.

But the war charriots is getting too long, we need to whip.

One things is: I don't think its optimal to start building barracks or stables until we have enough troops to protect our resources. The barbs gives a maximum of 10 exp, which is good enough for the moment I think. We just need to send out minimum a pair of units (1 chariot + 1 archer) ... never send lone unit.

Next objective is to claim that copper-phant site.

--

Well done, Zophos! The game is not so doom and gloomy afterall.

But the war charriots is getting too long, we need to whip.
That'd be why I suggested, y'know, whipping the current Archer and getting a WC for free.

One things is: I don't think its optimal to start building barracks or stables until we have enough troops to protect our resources. The barbs gives a maximum of 10 exp, which is good enough for the moment I think. We just need to send out minimum a pair of units (1 chariot + 1 archer) ... never send lone unit.
:agree: The stables in the capital was a complete waste. I was actually wasting XP during my set, because my top defenders had 10+ XP already. However, I don't know that we need an archer with each WC - the chariots are str 5 and eat axes for lunch - what's going to hurt 'em (before Swords start coming in force)? The roving teams can be 2WCs together, and can then get the full 2 moves. Spare archers can fortify near the borders as fogbusters and emergency healing sites for the roving WCs.

We also need to get at least one more Worker out there once we can protect more than a couple of tiles.

except that the archer won't be able to keep up with the WC ~ i'd rather take an extra couple of turns and build 2 WCs ~ w/the Shock promo, we should be okay even when swords saunter in.

Great turns Zophos ~ good to see my mishap hasn't set us back too far.

Roster
Roster:
Patagonia - on deck and possibly up now
Cabledawg -
Cosmichail -
Pholkhero -
GreyFox -
Pigswill - I read it as "Pig Swill" as in some kind of suck-ass beer ~
Zophos - just played
Strauss - UP NOW but hasn't been in the thread since the sign-up ~

Well I said minimum, didn't I? :mischief: I figured that archer is cheaper than WC, so the bear minimum of WC+acher will be the cheapest to build.
Nope. Archers and WCs are both 37 hammers on Epic. So we build whichever one makes the most sense. Archers for static defense, WCs for active defense and offense. We have copper handy for axes when Swords start coming, and that should be enough to keep us alive for a while.

Our big problem at this point is the woeful research rate and generally backward development. We need to push back the fog a bit and get some Workers out there. Perhaps claim the gold to the NE and the copper to the SW if we can, then start (finally) looking for targets. I also imagine we will need to engage in a bit of pillage and suppression to slow down the AIs before we can work up to actually taking cities.

It is worth noting that we are having a MUCH tougher time being in the middle of the continent - there's no real 'wall' we can put our backs to, and we have to defend in all directions at once.

Well, i'm of the opinion that we ened to kill, Kill, KILL ASAP ~ if we can't eliminate an AI or two in the near future in the window that WCs afford us, we're going to be up the creek, ya' know, without a movement device

I so agree Pholk. I have been playing a similiar game for the fun. (don't play aw games a lot) and the AI at this point will start to become a problem. Might I suggest that we go after Cyrus since he is the closest. (capitol isn't that far away) I do think though we need to get that copper/elephant site settled asap to get phants and axes. We are going to need construction too.

Cabledawg: thanks for letting us know. I hope life gets easier for you soon, see you when you're ready to return.

Danger: Thread hijack in progress...

Sorry to interrupt, but I wanted to plug something and I figured that, if Pholk were tired of me spamming up his threads, he would have said something long ago.

Anyhow, over at Deviant Minds, Pholk, Zophos, and I are trying to start up an online Role-Playing Game. No, not some life-sink MMORPG. Old school. D&D, GURPS, etc. None of the details are yet decided, but I'd like to see at least two more players.

All are welcome to join. Just follow the link above to the thread. Otherwise, anyone can watch. (We're good like that, don't you wish your neighbor's daughter were, too?)

[/thread-hijack]

@ Cable ~ i'm sorry to hear that, but if you're able to come back online, and the game's still running, you more than welcome back :goodjob:

got it, will play soon but won't report until tomorrow
Strauss, have you been able to play?

If there's no report in, say, 12 hours, Patagonia, you're UP NOW! :D

Roster:
Patagonia - possibly up now
Cosmichail -
Pholkhero -
GreyFox -
Pigswill -
Zophos - just played
Strauss - possibly AWOL

I wish I could have played, but I still have some catching up to do in terms of what exactly we're doing here. So is it okay if I catch up with stuff while patagonia plays?

I wish I could have played, but I still have some catching up to do in terms of what exactly we're doing here. So is it okay if I catch up with stuff while patagonia plays?
A swap's fine with me. Just picked up the save and will play now. Expect a report sometime in the next 24 hours.

So everyone knows where we're at, the main focus of my 20 will be getting us some war chariots for a bit of proactive barb/AI bashing.

a swap is fine with me as well

Also, Patagonia, we're going to drop down to 10 turns per set at this point.

Pholk just wondering does your new avatar also have tolerance for Sith.

of course ~ it's a sign i cropped from a demonstration/protest from England trying to include Jedi on their Census questionairre! Just the idea of someone protesting with that cardboard sign is, for me, completely hilarious.

Top Bottom