DMAW03: The Golden General

got it, but you'll have to wait the full 72 hours...unless someone wants to swap me hmm, ruffie

He's up in three of them and stated this in Quantum. mmmmmm

Yes I think our luck has changed and quite delightfully surprised by the hut popping BW. Such nice people and nice daughter too.

lol, im sorry bout the save name. You can change it manually every time you save, I dont know how to change the main game name ....hey, im a poet and didnt know it...lol

no apoligies needed and I realize I could change the name but decided not to so as to match our team name. I think there is a way. I am sure there is someone here who knows. (this is the A-team right?)

i'm here now ~ good turns, Cosmic. Also, it's "your details" where you can change names.

I will be making you wait, i think, the full time so fox, if you've got the time, i've got the inclination for a swap.

that's the downside of 7 sgs...at least one of them just ended :mischief:

Much better I didn't like Queen Cabledawg313131. (those numbers have a weird meaning to me mmmmm)

* * * * * *​

Like an artist, the Sun stretched its golden arms and brushed the sky with a lavish red and added purple linings to the glowing clouds. As if It was trying to give the Earth Its best piece of artwork before fading below the mountain ridge lines, yielding the sky to the cloak of darkness.

From the door way, Takako could see the slender silhouette of her mistress, standing still, basking in the magnificence of the setting sun. To someone who did not know better, it would seems as if she was enjoying the sunset. But Takako knew without seeing the pale but beautiful face that the brows of her mistress must be deeply locked into a frown by worries.

"M'lady", she said, as she entered the room.

The slender figure turned, "Takako, you are here."

"Yes, milady. I brought news from Matsuya."

"Ah, right. He went ahead exploring, didn't he? Even though I asked him to provide protection to the workers who are out there chopping the trees."

"Indeed, milady. He said that the workers need no protection, everything was clam, and everybody wants to know what lies beyond the hills and forests to the north west."

"So, what had he found?"

"A tribe, milady."

"Yet another tribe?"

"Yes, and the tribe agrees to answer to the banner of the Golden General. As a token of faith and to swear fealty, they gave Matsuya a scroll."

"That's wonderful news. What does the scroll contains?"

"Immediately after the Elder looked at the scroll, they declared we have entered what the prophecy foretold as the Classical Era."

"You know I am not interested in such folklore or prophecy ..."

"But, milady, you are the prophesied Golden General, the Bringer of Peace ..."

"Ironical, isn't it? The prophesied does not believe in prophecy, yet all she does was nothing but to fulfill the prophecy.... but enough of that. Tell me what does the scroll contains?"

"Something about the skills of riding those magnificent, strong beast we found in the southeast valley."

"Oh, my ... and the Elders are happy about that!?"

"Yes ... why are you so shocked, milady? It is as if you heard the news of your own death!?"

"I'm afraid that would means what the prophecy said about 'the Great Yellow Chariots reigning over the battlefields' would not come to pass ...."

"Hee ... I thought someone does not believe in prophecy???"

"Stop teasing me, Takako. I am worried ..."

"Don't be, milady. The Elders, who indulged more into the prophecies than you do, with all due respect, had verified that we can still construct the Chariots as prophesied ..."

"... in fact, they had also instructed the preparation of a settling party to found a new settlement near the valley to rein in the horses."

"Horses?"

"Yes, that was the beast are called. As you can see, milady, the workers would finish the pasture in 6 days, and the archer training will be completed in the same time while the village food store will be full also in 6 days. Everything is in prefect synchronization a settling party to be gathered in 6 days."

"That's a relief."

"M'lady, sometimes I feel that you worried too much. You should eat more, and rest more. Everything will be alright, the prophecies will be fullfilled as the prophecy wills, whether you are worried or not. Might as well let it be."

"You may be right, Takako, you may be right."

"Get some rest, milady. I will bring you the supper ..."

Takako turned, and she glanced back, only to see her mistress resuming her original posture, staring out into sky, now turning almost all dark, with all traces of the once glorious Sun completely washed away, only to be replaced by the tiny hint of glistering of the stars, struggling to twinkle amidst the looming darkness ...

* * * * * *​

Barbs are starting to roam the land ....

here is the situation at my last turn:

I would suggest that the next player move the NW archer down to intercept the barb warrior, in case the barb warrior ignore our southern archer and go straight for the pigs and do unspeakable things to those poor stocks.

I further suggest a whip near the completion of the settler, for hammers overflow to one more archer, which should protect the settler to the horse site. Further I think there is a better location than Cosmic's suggested site for the iron-elephant city, as indicated above.

Good luck.

>>> The Save (2050BC) <<<

Greyfox I agree after looking again I felt that the spot best suited is the one that you have marked for elephant/copper.

That is a great spot and nice on finding another hut and getting HBR. The AI doesn't stand a chance. Getting the horses hooked up and settling is even more attractive. Lucky with the huts hope we find another east of the capitol.

Story is well written too. Enjoyed it very much.

I was quite glad when I hit the hut and it shows the Classical Era splash ... then I saw horseback riding ...my first reaction was like "Hooray!" ... moments later it occurs to me that chariots upgrade to horse archer ... meaning HBR might obsolete our precious UU ... and I go "Damned!" ... I would rather not have the hut than to lose our axe-eaters. Quite relieved when I see that our UU is still available (albeit greyed, since we have no horses) in the city production option ... and I go "Phew!"

Quite a drastic change in emotion within the psan of 10 seconds, I must say ... from "Horray!" > "Damned!" > "Phew!" :lol:

--

Yep that would have been a pandora's box indeed getting a tech that discontinues our ability to deal with axes. Those chariots are quite good at it too. What a rollercoaster of emotions in a short span of time.

I once was planning a amphibious attack as I like doing that as they can't attack back and marines are great for that. Not realizing the new patch (1.61) discontinues them once you get robotics was a huge wow I got robotics to "dang now I can't do my amphibious attack". My language was a little stronger but this game does a number on your head sometimes.

I guess PholkHero is UP UP and Away while I laze around on my deck-chair.

great writing, fox. chariots DO upgrade to HAs?? I dont' think that's right. if it was, we'd lose the WCs i think. anyway, i've got and will be playing tonight (ETA 12 hours or so) if you can get in before then, take Pigswill ~

pholkhero said:
great writing, fox. chariots DO upgrade to HAs?? I dont' think that's right. if it was, we'd lose the WCs i think.
Chariots upgrade to Knights, not HAs. I thought it might be both, but the 'pedia says just Knights.

However, it is interesting to note that units that can upgrade to more than one type don't obsolete until you can build ALL the types they upgrade to. I noticed this when playing Ragnar - you can keep making 'zerkers until you have both Rifling and Chemistry.

Won't be able to play until tomorrow evening (GMT) at the earliest so I'll carry on sitting in my deck-chair, watching the tropical sunset while sipping cold beer while Pholk wins us the game in the next few turns.

Be nice he found another hut and popped another tech. What you do think 3 in a row. So far luck is with us and War Chariots are a great UU in the beginning.

got it. winning in a few hours' time.

edit 7 hours later: played. let's just say my luck is following me around :( [but we didn't lose :lol: ] i'll report tomorrow. sorry for the delay but these things take time, no?

According to my quick reference card (Albeit its for vanilla Civ4, chariots do upgrade to HA. According to CFC's units reference as well. I didn't check the pedia.)

But what zophos say is correct -- about a unit is obsolete only when all upgrades are available ... eg. you can still build maces even when you have unlock grenies ... giving rise to the widely used tatics of building maces only to upgrade them to grenies immediately after promoting wthem with CRs).

I should have think of that myself ... but no harm done :)

--

Top Bottom