DMI IX - The Vampire Lord and the Tower of Mastery (FfH2)

It will take me a bit longer than normal to get this one up. A day or two from now.

Just to note new copy of BTS has arrived together with larg suppply of Coffee Mats for the wife so you can put me back in the roster!

Ralph

Hey, you wanna take back your turn and give me a bit more time to get to this, so that I'd go right after you as originally planned?

Really sorry about this.

I can play and report by Thursday pm so take this is as a got it. Probably cant report on Wednesday as I am up in another SG.

Cheers

Ralph

Well a very quiet builders turn set as we prepare for the next war. Now obviously we need a bit of a Navy for that and as Oz can tell you I just love building ships.

So basically

1. Try and tackle our health issues where possible
2. Build some ships
3. Arrange troops for the invasion.

Now although we had talked about going after Mahala there is a nice easy invasion versus Sandalphon and then Sheelba and that’s what I have lined us up for,

So having completed Divine Essence how do we stand?

Troops and Navy are ready to go

We are still suffering from Health with limited options to tackle although we are half way through building Aqua Sucellus to help.

It feels like it’s just time to pounds some more AI’s sort out the missing Mana and go on for Victory!!

Attachments

• DMI IX AD-0486.CivBeyondSwordSave
    451.2 KB · Views: 99
Ah, Ralph "the Admiral" Jackson again :) . Fine work !

The Roster

Imhotep -- whacked the War Machine
Ozbenno -- skipped permanently due to laptop issues
reverend_oats -- most likely will get the save once more ;)
Ralph Jackson >> JUST PLAYED and built us a vampiric navy
Monkeyfinger >> UP NOW for feeding on some shades
pholkhero >> ON DECK for his 4th turnset :)

For flavor points, lets try and get a vampire lord.

hey now all ~

sorry, i've been AWOL lately. things in RL have been "hectic" to say the least, and I don't foresee me being able to be back in the pocket for at least a few more days, maybe more.

I'm really sorry, as I've got my hand in a lot of cookie jars (least of all 3 of my own), but you see i don't even have time to write personalized messages.

I have NO idea where we are in the game as I haven't been even able to read the zone here since last week. Play on, and I shall be back ~

~ pholk

Game's over.

Sheelba had 2 conveniently located coastal mana resources:

So the plan to pick her as the target was the right one. My hand was forced a bit earlier than I planned due to this:

But that was a minor bump. I positioned my troops, decalred war and didn't get them moved thanks to CoE, took a few cities, settled a new one near one of the nodes, and built the last two. Once that was over with, building the final towers took all of 2 turns.

Save attached is with the final tower having one turn to go.

In conclusion, .30 ToM is super gay and I'm a ****** for talking the group into not switching to .31, where this victory condition was made into much less of a painful backdoor domination thing.

Attachments

• DMI IX AD-0509.CivBeyondSwordSave
    492.7 KB · Views: 79
Ah, well done team ! I'm glad we finally managed to win this, and you all played very well ! This is one of the most satisfying SG wins ever for me, given our bleak situation and the miraculous turnaround in only one cycle. Kudos to you all, it was great fun ! :goodjob:

Now I desire to put up the Hyborem SG greatly - will any of you follow me in the quest of turning Erebus into living hell ? :devil: :)

Imhotep

Top Bottom