DMI IX - The Vampire Lord and the Tower of Mastery (FfH2)

:worship:Great turnset and report Immy. Now we can deal withe the killer clown. Ozz and I switched, so I'll be the one who builds up.

lurker's comment: :goodjob:

I really thought that the game was completely derailed when Stefanos decided to give Perp a little hand in smashing you ;) . Now with the badass uber barbs down and some nicely promoted units ( gotta love vampires :devil: ) the clown is not exactly a match to you :lol:

Well, I can't do as good a report as Immy, but here is what happend:
Researched Arcane Lore, started Armoured Cav for knights and Shadowriders.
Scouted Perps cities nearby, each one has nothing but a couple champions, archquebusses (sp) and... 6 disciple units:crazyeye:
Hell terrain is mostly gone from our lands; however, keep one Nightmare to give our horse units +1 strenth.
Sandal vassalized to Sheeble, if that matters. Boy, our production stinks.

Attachments

• DMI IX-AD-0405.CivBeyondSwordSave
    413.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 165
  • Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 161
I would wait till we get some T4 cav, but yeah. You might consider slave-rushing the Ride of the 9 Kings in Prespur instead of the WC.

Do we have some Mages eligible for the upgrade to Archmages already ? If so it might be better to wait with the war until Strength of Will - warfare is just so much easier with Archmages. Anyhow from what we have seen in Perpentach's cities during the reverend's scouting tour he should be no match for our army anyway. Just see how your feeling of the situation is, I trust you there :) .

Imhotep

·Imhotep·;6834867 said:
Do we have some Mages eligible for the upgrade to Archmages already?

I seriously doubt it considering our single elite adept was made into a conjurer

That's tough, Ozbenno. Well, I doubt this game will be over in a couple of weeks, so maybe you can rejoin us :) .

The Roster

Imhotep -- whacked the BBUU
Ozbenno -- skipped permanently due to laptop issues
reverend_oats >> JUST PLAYED
Ralph Jackson >> UP NOW preparing for war
Monkeyfinger >> ON DECK for another excellent turnset

pholkhero -- didn't screw things

OK Got it but with a certain football match occupying my attentions tomorrow night will be Thursday morning before I play and report

Ralph

Start off by agreeing its time to teach the clown a lesson but as he has a berserker wandering about our backlines (who would probably pop up in neutral ground between our poorly defended southern cities) decide I need to rearrange a few defenders first.

Having sanctified the horse near Prespur we start the Ride of 9 Kinds.

However then promptly forget until near the end of the turn set to send slaves for rushing purposes so we haven’t made as much progress as we might but next player can “catch up” so to speak.

Now Sanctifying (+spring as required) felt like Whack a Mole this turn set but we made good progress clearing up our lands..

After assembling our troops in Junon it was time for war versus the clown..

We split our troops half to Corel half to Kalm

Unsurprisingly Hyborem joins the fun..

Corel falls quickly

In the meantime we have kicked off a settler for a fill in city south of Santaron

Hyborem does a sneaky naval landing but luckily our rearranged defenders hold (just!)

Zbolub is next to fall

Followed by Kalm

And finally Miro

Unfortunately amongst this we lost an Eidolon to the RNG but a repalcemnt is being built..

We have Armoured Cavalry in and a Settler ready

Here is the front and scarily we are top of the score list!!

Attachments

• DMI IX AD-0416.CivBeyondSwordSave
    422.7 KB · Views: 60
@Ralph:

Just walked in my footsteps, eh ? :D ;) Great warfare there ! The Clown is folding quickly. I think we are in great shape now. A big huzzah to the Vampires ! [party]

Ozzy is UP then for more smashing !!!

I think we need more Adepts - not only for upgrading, but for reworking the captured mana nodes to our fit. Remember we need one of each for our victory goal !

ozzy is NOT up ~ laptop issues ~ i believe monkeyfingers is ~

looks good, RJ. I started a random game the other day w/FfH and got the vampires. I'm beginning to try and explore the game more ~ can adepts be upgraded to better units??

@pholkherina:

Adepts can be upgraded to Mages at Level 4 and to Archmages at Level 6 with Strength of Will Tech and reagents as additional requirements. Thus it is vital to get your Adepts out early as they gain XP slowly. You're right about the roster though.

The Roster

Imhotep -- whacked the BBUU
Ozbenno -- skipped permanently due to laptop issues
reverend_oats -- short but good
Ralph Jackson >> JUST PLAYED and smashed some freaks
Monkeyfinger >> UP NOW for another excellent turnset
pholkhero -- >> ON DECK for his 2nd turnset :)

shows how much you appreciate me ~ my THIRD turnset ~ jerk

;) :)

Just posted over @ Deviant Minds:

Hi guys,

I thought some time about DMI X. Now I have a quite neat Vanilla BtS variant in store, but at the same time I'm attracted by playing another FfH2 SG - this time playing as Hyborem :eek: :D ! I know I will definitely play the FfH scenario at some point, but I'd like to see what people want to do - if I get a roster for the vanilla game I'd play that as well...

Imhotep

Top Bottom