DMI VIII - The War of Wrath

*Drat* I lost the first four turns and the intro. Nothing too important happenend, except out allies suicided a bunch of troops on Tlacopan.
Spoiler :

T-5 A scholar named Al-Razi has been born in Ethel Sirion. He is a proponent of reconciliation with the Valar. He is sent to Mithrim to argue his case.
Spoiler :

T-6 More noble warriors are sent to the battlelines.
T-7 Our great allies the Edain sacrifice many men in the battlefield of Tlacopan, and finally capture the city. Tragiclly they were too tired and wounded to resist the force of Easterlings that came to relieve the town. Also, news of a strange philosophy emphasizing nature worship has reached us. Apparently it has gained many disciples in Rome.
T-8 This time it was the brave Men who captured the now cursed city of Tlacopan. The reached the citidel but upon seeing the huge horde of Easterlings approaching were forced to flee.
Spoiler :

T9- The armies of the Noldor rush to the northeast in hopes of holding the city of Men there.
T-10 The Noldor researchers finally come up with an organized theory of contruction, which they call Engineering. It allows are men to travel faster and build more complex seige devices.

Edit- screenies not working- help please.
The end.
I have to go, but here is the save:

Attachments

• Fÿanor AD-960.CivBeyondSwordSave
    310.8 KB · Views: 77
@reverend:

You forgot the image-tags. Just add after the screenie link.

Imhotep

Nicely done, reverend_oats. As long as we can keep Morgoth from overrunning too much too quickly, there's the hope that he and Manwe will sign peace. Manwe, not being hurt by the war at all, probably won't be too eager, but we gotta just keep fighting the good fight.

I think that makes Winth up, too.

Arathorn

I recommend we research guilds-> gunpowder next. We also have some city garrisons left that are there for HR happies we could send to Anasazi.

Yeah, count it as a got it. I think I will find the opportunity to play it tomorrow.

I'm very sorry about being so late, guys. Worse yet, even if you read this report, you have to wait some hours before I will post the save, becuase I finish this report on the other computer... :(

So far, I played nine turns. During those, I think I managed well. I toyed around with micromanaging, and with a bit of agile building dancing, I think I earned us about 400 beakers. :mischief:

--

Feanor rided on his loyal steed for a meeting with his ally. He was impressed by the powerful humans. Throughout all these years, they managed to conquer a lot more than the calm Noldor. Feanor admired him as a powerful ally.

Feanor halted his horse on the gates of Beor's palace. He was already noticed, although in those times of war, the march of the elven forces through Nidaros wasn't sparking that much of interest. Everybody, however, respected them.

Feanor met his friend in the dining room. It was a proud place of memory to much of great human personalities. All those monuments and paintings on the walls, with three very long, wooden tables in the middle of the room, were showing the glory of Beor's court. But right now, there were only two of them, eating at the end of the table. After a quick brunch, they were enjoying a very good, white colour cake*.

-I'm very happy with your arrival, Feanor - said openly Beor - Let's sit and discuss many important things.
-Indeed. - said Feanor. - As you may have noticed, good friend, one doesn't simply walk into Angbant...
-Angband. - said Beor with his thick voice.
-What? - Feanor looked at him confusingly.
-It's Angband. With "d".
-Oh. One doesn't simply walk into Angband... For us to prevail over the vile Morgoth, we need a substantial force. That's why I'm recommending a reform of our forces.
The wise men are speculating if we could improve the concept of our mounted armies. The leather armors and bows are a melody of the past. We need not only stalwart hearts, but dreadful weapons.
They also seek to fulfill coffers with gold by assigning all the citizen classes to their guilds... and the guilds concept is what combines both of these efforts.
-This is a great idea - said Beor. - I shall ultimately send word to my sages to combine the efforts with yours. Take them with you.
-Splendid. To fund our research, do me another favor. Send regular additions from your coffer. About 50 talents of gold per year shall make our research fruitful.
-It's done!
Until the evening, they spoke about tactical matters. Then, Feanor came back to Mithrim.
-Tomorrow means a lot of work... - he muttered to himself. He looked at the sky. - Helluin is bright today. I accept it as a sign of a victorious battle.

--

Next day.

-Serfs! Bring me one of our finest scholars of the Noldor.
The scholar, a senior, gentle elf, appeared a bit later. He fell to the knees of his king. He dared not to look at his splendor.
-I am sure that your wisdom is a trait given from Eru himself. That's a high praise, for thy are asked to teach the young of Noldor. There, in Mithrim.
Al-Razi was stunned. It was a great honor to him.
-Very well, my lord. I agree to your demand.
-Then I have your blessing.

--

Feanor looked at his far-flung empire from the site of the highest balcon of Mithrim's palace. Slaves caught in front were finishing the Al-Razi academy. The building inspired the youth and more great ideas were born there, in Mithrim.

*Check what the color of the cake that Pippin and Gandalf in LOTR movie ate with Denethor was. :)

--

I went with reverend_oats suggestion for a Guilds -> Gunpowder route. I whipped a library in some cities that needed a finish for an instant scientific boost - and then burned all our gold for 100% slider. It helped when I traded Copper and Fish to Beor for 48 gold per turn. :shock: I also asked Beor to switch research to Guilds, to have it research faster. I also whipped a Forum in the other city, dropped Science to 0%, and then again went deficit research. Neat - we got Guilds several turns faster.
I dropped a silly production of a Barracks in Morgothrond (or how it was called), because it definitely needed a Library (it was producing only 4 production, and it had a lot of room for cottages).
Finally, I was shocked that we still didn't have a Forum in Eithel Sirion - our GP farm! - so I immediately switched it's production to one.

As you can imagine, I heavily set emphasis on this turn to researching. :) Maybe it will help.

Ah, and since we were maximizing the science to 100%, I decided to go with Academy in Mithrim to take advantage of Bureaucracy boost. Then, I spent two turns in Mithrim on "Research" building. It gave us a lot of beakers.

I also changed the name of Rome to "Formenos". :mischief:

On the war front, there is nothing new, although Feanor indeed prophetized a good tide in those turns, because we liberated Tlacopan and one other city from Morgoth/Ulfang's hands. :)

That's pretty much it, I will follow this post with the save later. :mischief:

Guys, I am back ... albeit only partially since I am overseas ... nonetheless, so long as I am not simultaneously up in more than one SG, I should be able to slip in a turnset when my turn is up.

Looks like I have a bit of reading to do ... nice progress so far ... we are already discussing researching Gunpowder? :eek:

How are you gentlemen!! This my save is belong to you.
You are on your way to use our new-fangled Knights. :)

Nice turnset, Winth.
I will be in foreign lands without internet from March 5 to March 25, so I will need a skip if my turn comes up then.

The Roster:

1 ·Imhotep· >> on auto-skip until March 11th due to state exams
2. Arathorn >> ON DECK
3. Ralph Jackson
4. reverend_oats >> on auto-skip until March 25th
5. Winth >> JUST PLAYED
6. GreyFox >> UP NOW

Are we going to talk about the use of a great person? I was under the impression we were saving them all to be sacrificed to allow Manwe to come to our eventual aid. 15 is a fair number of great people. Is an Academy really worth an extra 20ish turns of late-game warfare? Also, I think we should be pushing to get Literature and get National Epic up ASAP, so we can create more great people sooner.

Arathorn

So far we have used only one person as I see it. I shouldn't probably do that at all, but I thought a bit half-hearted on this. :rolleyes: Ah, well - with the corporations we should get plenty of Great People for our future voyage. It won't hurt to use at least one of them? :please: :whipped: :lol:

GreyFox, I urge you to change the name to something without special signs - for example, name the save "Feanor". The game won't recognize those special letters (like "ě" or something).

@Arathorn:

No problem, RL goes first always :) Things should brighten anyway next weeks with more players coming back to the line again... :)

Top Bottom