Do Barbarians ever attack a city?

PinkRose

Warlord
Just checking to see if this is a bug or a feature or just me.
My Barbarians just run around my cities until I blow them up with city bombardment.
Anyone have a different experience?

Open up the Achievement List on the Steam startup page and check out the one called "He threw a car at my head!"

They do and will take a city but to get a "car thrown at your head" - (if ever an achievement needed some fun animation that was the one) - you will have to set up a city just for them to attack. When they do capture the city they just steal some money and leave - you get the achievement - and then you retake the city by sticking in a few riflemen or something.

Maybe if we turned raging barbarians on it might make a difference...
On marathon and on a large map, they can be a real pest... I settled a city over the sea from spain into Morroco, and it was constant barbarian fighting... I killed over 30, and they still kept coming, and were all over the map...I lost a ton of units, and I could not even get to their encampment.. I quit the game eventually, (My PC could not take the large map), but will try it again on standard map, this time with Aztecs :)

The Terra map is good for spawning barbs as well (at default settings) last game I played Spain on a terra map to take advantage of the conquistadores. When I got to the new world I encountered a barbarian CoD, very entertaining.
I very rarely see barbs attack a city though, I try hard to eliminate them before they get that close

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that III's barbarians were the most interesting? (Having unique tribe names, uprisings and actually being aggressive). In my opinion, the barbarians in IV were really one of the low points of the game.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that III's barbarians were the most interesting? (Having unique tribe names, uprisings and actually being aggressive). In my opinion, the barbarians in IV were really one of the low points of the game.

I did enjoy knowing who was attack me incessantly. It makes you feel better to know that the rampaging horde that's ravaging your treasured countryside are Attila's Huns.

Since the last patch barbarians are much more aggressive for me at least in my first game.

I'm only on king, and already a barbarian brute bypassed a defended city and went after my two mines on an undefended one.

In the early game I've been pretty much constantly at war with them, and I only have them on the default setting.

Top Bottom