Do people finally like Civ5 now?

Or when building roads you have to do them one at a time or your worker might build a road to damascus.

that is, if i need to order a worker to build a 4 link road i have to worry about weather the idiot will walk a bad path, to the chosen tile and build one road link.

also, when workers are ordered to build and they want their build paths to go all over the place, i can't control order queue so i can't say build a road from point a to point b - because even if point b is 4 spaces away in a straight line, it might build a 6 link, zigzag road.

Also, the story of 2 barbarian settlers. I lost a settler - askia liberates it, and keeps a settler. then i capture a greek settler from barbs but it becomes a worker.

Agreed with most of your points, but when there's anything but open ocean, the AI would have a horrible time trying to properly organize the group and move it around while keeping the formations. It doesn't seem like it's all that simple (point and click) since the AI has to maneuver you around islands/archipelagos etc.

also, when workers are ordered to build and they want their build paths to go all over the place, i can't control order queue so i can't say build a road from point a to point b - because even if point b is 4 spaces away in a straight line, it might build a 6 link, zigzag road.

I was one of the freaks that supported 1UPT (and still believe it has promise once the AI can be taught to use it) but they desperately need to REMOVE the stacking cap for non-combat units even if only one unit in the tile is allowed to work. They should also allow a single embarked land unit to stack with a single warship.

I believe this game is good, but it needs many bug fixes, as (at least on my computer) it crashed for every 3 turns after 300 turns.

And please....PLEASE release all the DLC's as an expansion pack and refund all the poor suckers who bought them piecemeal.

I am waiting for Civ 6. Hopefully it will better AI programming for the SP, and a better MP to name only 2 things that I think what really got me disinterested in the current game.

I can accept changes, but leaving out things that are supposed to be the most crucial part of the game, is really a let down for me. If anything, we need to have Firaxis have more time and money to come up with a new game, or just pray to GOD that the Sid Meier's IP get sold to a better publisher that knows how to manage talents better.

I payed £7 on steam during the sale and as a CIV veteran, after about a months worth of game play I don't think its to bad....
Yea it has its problems and there are a few features missing from past series that I liked such as religion and vassals but all in Id recommend it to anyone..

I think the DLC is a bit pricey...... especially as its just for a new CIV.... I don't see how that adds a whole lot to game play.

Saying that in-game micro-purchases annoy me at the best of times.... so maybe thats just me..
At least Firax haven't started charging for exclusive unit types...... thats one for next time :-(

Game is still broken imho. All they "accomplished" so far with their so called fixing was "make-up" based. Well... they fail even there actually - stuff like underwater world wonders, or weird small red spots still prevail. (at least in my games)

I bought the game during the steam sale, for $12.50 or somthing like that. I have enjoyed playing it, certainly I got $12.50 worth of value out of it!

I don't like it as much as I liked Civ 4, but when it is on sale, it is worth buying.

I will probably wait for the next steam sale and pick up some more of the DLC.

My own personal opinion, the game is pretty fun in the early stages, exploring territory, finding your enemies, deciding what your strategy is going to be, laying the groundwork for it, or failing to. That part is fun.

However it gets boring after that. I quit most of my games before they get to the modern era, it just seems to bog down into repetitive next/next/next where several turns go by before I really have to make any kind of real decision, and in the meantime it feels like a slog.

So I have played many games where I ran through to the late BC years and then quit, started a new game. In that sense I've had fun playing it--but with Civ V I used to frequently play the games out well into the modern era, if not to conclusion, because it felt like every turn I still had important decisions to make in the late game. With Civ V, even when the outcome is still uncertain, most mid/late game turns just feel like so much housekeeping, rather than the more enjoyable strategic/tactical thinking that keeps me engaged.

Sorry, but it's still crap. It has a minicule following compared to the 10 year old Civ 4. Watch if they come out with Civ 6..."we have listened to those who hated the dumbing down of Civ 5 and have moved back to what Civ is all about ......."

It's fantastic, and I'm addicted. It is the game on stream I have logged the most time on.

When I first got the game, I was very disappointed. I was definitely among those that were upset, and recalled fondly the days of Civ IV (which I was still playing up till the day I got CiV).

The developers have worked hard and have made a great deal of progress. I have had maybe a single game crash since the release of the latest patch. The quality of the improvements has exceeded my expectations. Even the DLC I have enjoyed and well worth the (on sale) price. I hope they continue to patch, improve, and offer more DLC with expanded content (religion and espionage please!)

Many of the negative comments I can't agree with, particularly bug and stability issues. It's obvious the devs continue to work on CiV. Sure there are outstanding AI and imbalance issues, but people easily forget the effort necessary to get the other games to top quality. CiV was a brave step forward; perhaps 3 forward and 2 back, but daring and progressive.

Two thumbs way up, definitely liking CiV now.

Top Bottom