Do the Gaians always win on Transcend ? or is it me?

T

TeddyBlue

I have tried playing several games on Trancend level lately and always Deirdre (I'd run naked through the woods with her anyday) leaves everyone behind. She is always the first to discover the Secrets to the Human Brain first too. I am just playing the classic game, BTW. And does anybody every play as the Believers, they have terrible Characteristics, and are always the first to be radicated on Transcend. Anyone?

I have never noticed the Gains winning on transcend, but then again I normally play that level and win so...
They can be a bit difficult to beat at times though. All those stinking mindworms.

On the side note, I play and the believers most of the time. As stating above I normally win. being voted Supreme Ruler is most common, but I have done them all with them.

I usually interrogate Deirdre (running through the trees, of course ) fairly early. Though I'm usually playing at 'Thinker'.

Does anyone else find Mind Worms a little useless as the game wears on? They stay at 10 hit points

Even to units with Singularity Reactors, each hit from native lifeforms does 1/3 of that unit's lifebar in damage.

The only thing that I have found that makes late game mindworm attacks difficult is that the AI gets smart and makes trance units. A trance unit with a senor around can be hard to kill. If a computer gets the neural amp then they can be completely unless. Other than that they are fine. if I have the Neural Amp and Dream Twister then I tend to go with lots of mind worms (unless I am the believers). The locust are mean with flying and no range trouble.

I just notice something about the believers, the manual doesn't say that they have a +2 in support. If you just read the manual you'd think they where about useless. With that and the 25% bonus to attack you could kick booty.

I was playing last night and a thought occurred to me on this...

I am the believers on a huge map with the middle land category. My normal strat is to go free market (with a punishment sphere in every city) so I can have money & troops.

The Gians are right next to me and so I went green instead. I did this subconsciously I guess, but realized it later. I did this cause they are pretty big and I do not want to mess with them right now (I am fighting Yang so...)

Thinking back to it, the Gians are the only Faction that I will change my social engineering to appease (on transcend that is). Maybe this means that, "Yes they are overly powerful on Transcend."

Admittedly I do not play on Transcend often, but the few times I have done so I really have not felt the Gaians to be especially powerful by any means. They stick along with the other factions and me when it comes to progress, and eventually they complain about my disruption of the eco-system or some similar silly issue ( Boreholes R us ) and I go to war with her. Despite her affinity for mindworms I tend to wipe her out relatively quickly and painlessly. Perhaps I have just been lucky thus far, perhaps not.

:confused:

But, Miriam usually takes the Gaians down in my games as the gaians never can crush miriam and once miriam gets missile units and air power she starts to kick ass!

The Hive our is usually the main power in my games (APART FROM MYSELF!)...if he isn't in your games you probably need to patch big-time!

I never play hive or miriam ANYMORE because they are great opponents!

Morgan is the most powerful faction if played by a human IMHO as in free market with wealth they are soo rich in addition to producing so much "luxuries" and science...it is incredible...

Even with just wealth and a green government they are fearsome!

In my trancend games it always turns out at a1:1 between the me (ofthen peacekeepers) and santiago.

But when I am not the peacekeepers I can't remember santiago getting big. Perhaps it depends (partially) on which fraction you play, which other fractions gets big.

i always end up fighting the gaians and the believers when playing as morgan, and strange how gaians keep winning in your games, in mine, usually the university wins, seems like they manage to trade their tech and sqeak into a diplo victory, believers often seem to end up pissing off a lot of people, cause they always seem to fighting and in the end, end up far behind other factions or just eliminated.

At Transcend level I usually win myself when I'm playin the University. If I play the Hive, it is true that the Gaians usually win. But this is logical: The Gaians have HUGE cities and they are huge in territory too. So that's a lot of production and tech and stuff, so it's not strange that they win.

you have to wipe the Gains out in the early stages if you aren't good enough to beat them late on. They do pretty badly i've always found before they find out how to breed mind worms.

Originally posted by TeddyBlue
I have tried playing several games on Trancend level lately and always Deirdre (I'd run naked through the woods with her anyday) leaves everyone behind. She is always the first to discover the Secrets to the Human Brain first too. I am just playing the classic game, BTW. And does anybody every play as the Believers, they have terrible Characteristics, and are always the first to be radicated on Transcend. Anyone?

I've only played the demo and I love playing the Believers! I usually ignore charicteristics. In a recent game the University was the first to get SOHB.

In a contest for hardest opponent (in the demo) the anwser is...

CEO Morgan
Deirdre

It's a tie!

Top Bottom