Do you consider yourself a Lefty or Righty

Poll Question

• Total voters

Tee Kay

Three days sober
Stupid question: do you consider yourself to be on the Left or on the Right? POLITICALLY, THAT IS

Because polarisation only works when people confine themselves to a black and white worldview, you only have two choices.

I'm hijacking this thread as I was its true genius behind it.

I'm a giant standing on the shoulder of a dwarf ;)

Your excluded. Everybody would probably choose that anyway :p

I'm left damnit and proud of it. I might not be as left as a badger, but still pretty left regardless.

I has reasoning as well I has.

Throughout history it has been shown that left-wing economics and right-wing economics work about as well (something to do with magic and voodoo). I will dismiss contradictions to this statement as ideological mumbo-J. But since left-wing economics is kinder to the less fortunate, I opt to go for the more social (not ist!) route. I can do so without fear of inherent bias, since I am not one of the unfortunates I refer to. Also left-wing economics tend to lessen the gap between rich and poor, increasing the countries happiness.

So my preferred economic model is driven by a right-wing mindset, but tempered by a left wing one, erring on the left-wing side. There needs to be room for incentive for the ambitious, the successful, or in other words, the losers who hold making a career as their highest value. (Denomination "losers" chosen for comic effect. These poor souls are very necessary to my preferred model)

Center/Other?
You lean to the right mate. Ri-curious.

I only consider myself above all things an independentist in political terms.

You lean to the right mate. Ri-curious.
Hahahahah, more like recovering Republican.

That's the thing though, and we've had this discussion a million times... this is based on self-report, and people have different perspectives on where the center is...

I like the idea of plotting people's political compass test scores because there is one uniform center and we get better results that way.

Eughh, just me and Park in right wing at the moment. The conversation is getting a bit dire, I'm getting constant references to various events in Irish history and some painful philosphical tidbits. I get the feeling he is a mole..

For lack of a better option, my compass score places me on the left. Barely.

Eughh, just me and Park in right wing at the moment. The conversation is getting a bit dire, I'm getting constant references to various events in Irish history and some painful philosphical tidbits. I get the feeling he is a mole..
Oh right wing?
I'm sorry, I thought for a second civfanatics was filled with people who can't use scissors.

For lack of a better option, my compass score places me on the left. Barely.

The political compass test really, really favors domestic issues. I'd like to see a test that covers more of attitudes towards foreign policy, or more about the role of government.

Barely by German standards, clearly by American standards: left.

The political compass test really, really favors domestic issues. I'd like to see a test that covers more of attitudes towards foreign policy, or more about the role of government.

Hey, if you find one, let me know - I don't even really know which "side" I'm on in foreign policy. I just have my own personal views.

Top Bottom