Do you play Community Patch-only ?

Well, "the way city state works" has been changed in CSD, which is included in VP.
And the global happiness system is far less global than in vanilla, since you actually want to optimize each city (so take care of local unhappiness) to tackle global unhappiness.

So that's only halfly true.

If you think that city-states 'work' in vanilla you can easily re-enabled gold gifting in the CSD options .sql file.
Happiness is still global in VP, not sure what you're getting at. Anyways, to each their own, I'm glad you enjoy CP. I just don't want you to come away from this conversation thinking that VP is somehow not still Civ5, when it most certainly is.

G

Hello
Is it possible currently to play with community patch only , but without vox populi?
Will the improved AI will work ok in this case, or it is tailored to vox populi?

Last edited:
It is probably worth playing a CP game every blue moon just to ensure its still good and solid. I do find that going back to vanilla every blue moon reinvigorates the awesome of VP...but at the same time helps to reflect on areas we may have gone "too far" on.

It is probably worth playing a CP game every blue moon just to ensure its still good and solid. I do find that going back to vanilla every blue moon reinvigorates the awesome of VP...but at the same time helps to reflect on areas we may have gone "too far" on.
I don't think I can stand vanilla gameplay anymore...

I do find CBO to be a bit much, complexity creep regarding buildings/policies is very real in this mod, but it's at least far more balanced than vanilla. The amount of decision-making is far higher in CBO, which is ultimately why I play these games, though I miss more clearly defined economic strategies and buildings.

I feel like I have to read an essay to understand what every building does. Certainly the UI there could be cleaned up. A lot. Brevity sometimes makes for clearer understanding than completeness.

Hello
Is it possible currently to play with community patch only , but without vox populi?
Will the improved AI will work ok in this case, or it is tailored to vox populi?

Seeing as how no one answered your question... the answer is yes. Carefully read the installation instructions (should be a stickied post in this subforum) for installing just the Community Patch without Vox Populi.

Seeing as how no one answered your question... the answer is yes. Carefully read the installation instructions (should be a stickied post in this subforum) for installing just the Community Patch without Vox Populi.
Isn't it also one of the options in the autoinstaller???

Top Bottom