Do you reload when fighting?

Would you reload after lost fight?

• NEVER! Would ruin the game, the fair play! And loading times suck...

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Only when the odds say that I really really SHOULD have won!

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Maybe when I goof around with bad odds for fun and change my mind...

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Well ok... sometimes, cuz I don't like loosing a lot..

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Of course, until I win!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Always! For a perfect game, my own loss should be minimized to scratches.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reload? Can you do that??

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Clownfish

Chieftain
Ok, honestly, do you play fair? Or do you use the time-machine and try again? Would you reload after a lost battle?

Never. I prefer: "Exit to Manin Menu" and start a new game.

I only reload to try a different way, but for learning, after I see the new results, I quit the game and I use my new experience in a new game.

GABB said:
Never. I prefer: "Exit to Manin Menu" and start a new game.

I only reload to try a different way, but for learning, after I see the new results, I quit the game and I use my new experience in a new game.

I tend to like this method more myself. I have yet to reload a game. If I am losing that badly, I hunt around and figure out way I am losing, and them start a new game. I try and learn from each loss. There have been times where I have been losing horridly, and refused to quit. I just tried to find a different way of correcting the mistakes I have made, and keep going. Every game has a high potential to learn something new, at every point in the game. A loss that you learn something from isn't really a loss, after all. It's a learning experience that you can take with you into the next game.

I often save before a declaring war on a strong opponent out of fear that they will suddenly march in huge armies and kill me, but i've never actually bothered to reload - if it goes wrong i usually quit.

I sometimes save a good start and then play differently from the same start - just to try different tactics without having to do the rather slow and luck based starting part of the game over and over. One of my recent games I won with a space race then reloaded a save to see if i could win faster by domination and i could ;)

Nah, if i lose a battle i'll just shout at the screen and then send in more units

I only ever reload if a city that is essential to my civ gets razed and the enemies are pouring in (thus I know I ain't gonan win the game) or if barbs suddenly sppear from nowhere and slaughter all my units early on:mad:

About the only time I reload is if I just miss seeing when the enemy moves a stack into my territory far away from the main battle. This mostly happens when I am attacking on another landmass and they land one transport full of troops at some odd corner of my main empire and then take a city just because I missed seeing them since my attention was on the larger battle.

I always keep a small mobile offensive force(or several) at home to ward off these micro invasions so I dont consider it cheating to reload and use those forces when I simply missed seeing the enemy.

In general reloading is a really, really bad thing, there 2 exceptions though.

The first one is posted right above.

The second is when i am defending a key city, and it comes down to the AI attacking my very last defender with his very last active unit and wins on a 3% chance. When it looks like you are about to lose a game you were playing for 12 hours because a rifleman without upgrades owned a full health mechanized infantry with city defender II thats fortified, reloading seems fair. That particular situation came up recently, and I reloaded like 10 times because I wantedto know how likely it is that the rifleman wins, and he lost all ten times - after wining the very first one.

I don't reload and it has nothing to do with load times.

This is interesting! I admire the people who confess to reloading, because among those who answer "NEVER", I think there might be a few who simply repressed the embarrasing situations where they actually reloaded. Their self-esteem tells them they are not "reloaders" - thus immediately choosing "NEVER"... But try to remember... Maybe you actullay "cheated" a few times?... no? It was just a theory... no judging from my side! (myself belonging to the occational "goofer")

I actually haven't reloaded a battle, but I've reloaded a game back to a much earlier point. IE: I started expanding and suddenly realized that my empire was going in a direction I actually didn't want it to go. In those situations, I'll either go back to a much earlier game (like, at least 20 turns earlier) or just start over on the same map at 4000BC if I really liked the map.

Most of the time, though, I just start a new game. Unless the game did something totally ridiculous (spearman beats tank scenario), I doubt I'd reload.

I do reload on occassion, but rarely because I lose a battle. I'm used to the idea that if you're at war, you're going to lose some units. If and when I do reload it's usually an autosave several turns back, so I can try a different strategy to see if it's more effective than the one that just blew up in my face. I'm trying to learn. Yeah, that's the ticket...

HOWEVER, I have saved and then reloaded when I've used and lost a "favourite" unit--usually one of my precious Level 4/5 or above units that survived my early wars, allowed me to build Heroic Epic and West Point, and got renamed for its troubles. Call me sentimental, but I just can't stand seeing my beloved boys buy the big one. They usually only get sent into battles with great odds in their favour, so if they die, I kind of feel cheated and respond in kind.

I don't reload due to battle loss.

I will reload due to 'make mistake' issues, as mentioned by another poster. In between turns, I notice an enemy moving into an area, and I make a mental note that I need to wake up my counter defense force and kick their butt. Then by the time I get to my turn, it slips my mind, and I get so absorbed with other things, that I forget to do what I had planned to do. In those cases, if the enemy does something truly devastating, I may reload.

As for reload due to one battle though, I've just come to expect that if I'm cutting things that close, I'm likely to lose. So I don't cut them that close.

Only noobs reload.

Did Caesar needed another chanse?

No reloading for me.

GiantRaven said:
Nah, if i lose a battle i'll just shout at the screen and then send in more units

How many people have done that? LMAO I know I have. ;) I start to lose some units, and I'm like Eric Cartmann..."I'm gonna kick you in the nuts." Of course, I sometimes use the line, "Screw you guys, I'm going home." :D

just because you missed something doesn't make it ok. tell yourself whatever you need to sleep at night. i reload sometimes. i cheat in real life sometimes too,, though, so it' ok, right?

Legio X said:
Did Caesar needed another chanse?
"The die is cast"
"Er, wait - can I re-roll that?" ;)

Welcome to CFC, Legio X! :band:

Same here, but then my girlfriend tells me to shut up.
You can actually have both Civ and a girlfriend, simultaneously? ;)

Top Bottom