Do you think you understand corruption (pre-C3C)?

First I want to give alexman and Daviddesj thanks for their excellent work :goodjob:

Now, I notice there is nothing in the formula to indicate any osrt of increased corruption in a city that is located on a different continent than the capital, provided it is linked by a Harbour or Airport.

Am I missing something here or is that actually the case?

You're not missing anything. :)

And thanks for the thanks, but there are many more people that have contributed to the final form of this formula other than DavidesJ and me (and not only on this site).

I now look closer at corruption due to RCP. I made a observation in GOTM22 that I am getting same corruption for a city at distance 3 and 3.5. I did some test and it seems to tell me that only integer portion of the distance is used for corruption calculation. I.e. Distance of 2.5 is the same as 2, 10.5 is the same as 10. So, the distance formula may be this instead.

Distance = Floor(max(x,y) + 0.5*min(x,y)) which affects ranks as well.

Alex or Davidesj, maybe you want to verify this. My test sample size is about 10 pairs. If this is true, RCP may be alot more flexible in terms of tile choice.

That's a great discovery, Qitai!
I just verified it and it's true! RCP just became much more powerful.

delete me

Originally posted by Qitai
I now look closer at corruption due to RCP. I made a observation in GOTM22 that I am getting same corruption for a city at distance 3 and 3.5. I did some test and it seems to tell me that only integer portion of the distance is used for corruption calculation. I.e. Distance of 2.5 is the same as 2, 10.5 is the same as 10. So, the distance formula may be this instead.

Distance = Floor(max(x,y) + 0.5*min(x,y)) which affects ranks as well.

Alex or Davidesj, maybe you want to verify this. My test sample size is about 10 pairs. If this is true, RCP may be alot more flexible in terms of tile choice.

Is this in the Corruption due to distance calculation, in the determination of city rank, or both?

Excellent. Now that annoying mountain that muddles up my plan is now irrelevant!

Thanks for the info!

Made more discovery on corruption. Alex, I post a new thread since I mention an exploit there as well. So far, Sir Pleb has verified it. You may want to update the formula. With this latest discovery, I am now able to get exact corruption figures.

:thumbsup: Thank you, Qitai!

I updated the initial post, and I'm hoping I have to update it again soon (after Firaxis fixes that bug you found!)

wow, just calculated this **** al over.

in the beginning on my deity game on normal map, city distance 4.
12% distance corruption, 4,5% corruption per city closer to capital.

Calculating the capital as the first city that is closer (so always being at least 1 city to calculate) and the game rounding properly, it works out perfectly.

thanx for this info.

i shortly translate this whole math to (on my diff and map size):
corruption = 3% per distance + 4.5% per city that is closer to cap (including cap itself)

that is of course only for early game, where i have no govt or other bonus things except for a road connection.

really, this is marvelous. this solves the whole corruption problem.
at distance 5 or 6 (= only 15-18%) you can pretty well build 12+ citys around your cappital.
do it again later with forbidden and with 26 fully productional cities, you're even better than ever been in civ2. And this is deity and normal size map i'm talking about.

hehe, got an update for conquests? ;)

Have you had any confirmation that they're going to do a patch soon?

Excellent!

Thanks alexman. :thumbsup:

Are there even any rumors on possible release date for this patch?

Top Bottom