DoC 1.16 Release Candidate

1700 AD and 3000BC work well. Can't read 600 AD
I downloaded the Git repo as a ZIP file, now when I try to start a scenario it quits with the message "failed to read world builder file"
This may affect one or more scenarios and is unfortunately a consequence of how Github creates its ZIP files, so I cannot do anything about it. To fix the problem, get Notepad++ and open the scenario file ("open with Notepad++"), then choose Edit -> EOL Conversion -> Windows.
This should fix it.

After unzipping the release candidate's files into my mods folder and loading the mod, I was unable to select any of the three scenarios and was just presented with the ability to play scenarios or games as normal as if I were playing unmodded Civ IV.

What is the mod folder called?

Here is the third release candidate.

I am out of reported issues again. With this, I am planning to release soon, likely this weekend.

Just a quick announcement that release won't happen before Thursday now.

Thor's Day! :viking:

Is it ok not to be as excited about new releases if you are playing latest git for ages now? And always wonder -- why others wouldn't?

Sure. The release is technically nothing special in itself, except that it marks the completion of a particular set of feature goals and the imminent start of others.

I've been holding off on the git version, exactly because I'm waiting for this release, and don't want to be burned out when it comes. Also I like playing with Blue Marble and the other module for immersion. This is how it's been with most of the strategy games and mods I've been playing lately. A looong wait for updates, and then binge when they finally come.

Just a quick announcement that release won't happen before Thursday now.

don't wanna be the nerd guy but if you want to include thursday too by saying "before thursday", you should use "by" instead of "before". I think people are partially right to expect the release today.

I just had a similar misunderstanding with a government document yesterday :crazyeye:

I don't think that's incorrect use of before. The way I understood it is that there's chance it could be released today, but not a guarantee.

Yeah, so the point of saying this was that I was not going to be home to do anything until Thursday (today), so I just wanted to make sure nobody expects anything before then because I originally wanted to be ready on the last weekend.

Top Bottom