[DoC] Of Sultans and Caliphs: An Arabian Interactive AAR!

SouthernKing

crickety cricket
Welcome to Of Sultans and Caliphs: An Arabian Interactive AAR! And I will NOT save over the file like I accidentally did to my RFC Anarchy Game :hammer2:

So what exactly is this? Let me tell you:

The Basics

We are playing Arabia in RFC: DoC on Epic speed.

Each player controls a Noble House. There can be only 1 PC in a House. To join, just state your username, the name of your house (it can be anything), your home city (out of one of the Caliphate's current cities), and pick two of Civ4's leader traits (Aggressive, Charismatic, etc.) (choose wisely, this will be important. You can join at any time, even if the game has started already. Also, you can change your traits and/or home city at any time.

Influence

All the Houses will have an Influence Number. This is key to the game. All houses start the game with 20 influence when formed. Influence is recalculated every 5 turns.

As a base, every 5 turns, your House gains 3 Influence in your home city, 2 Influence per every Arabian or Arabian vassal city within 6 tiles of your home city, and 1 Influence per every foreign city within 10 tiles of your home city that is visible to the Caliphate.

Influence is also affected by many other factors as well, which are detailed later.

Positions

The Caliph:The ruler of the Caliphate, the Caliph determines the current tech being researched, the civics, the slider rates, and how to use GPs. The Caliph also picks the other positions and can hire and fire at will, so make sure you please the caliph! The caliph also decides who the Caliphate is at war and peace with. He can also give general military orders, trade orders and/or build orders but in the end, the Sultan,Vizier, and Emirs respectively are in charge of that. The Caliph stays Caliph until overthrown in a Palace Coup. The first poster becomes the first Caliph, so hurry up!

The Vizier:The second-in-charge of the Caliphate, the Vizier is in charge of trading and open borders agreements with foreign countries. The Vizier is also Emir of Makkah, the capital territory, and decides what to build in Makkah. If the Caliph is assassinated, and the assassin is caught, then the Vizier becomes Caliph.

The Sultan:The Sultan is Grand Commander of the Islamic Armed Forces. The Sultan determines military placement and where Arabian units attack.

The Emirs:To make the Caliphate easier to manager, it is divided into Emirates with 1-3 cities each. Each Emirate has a respective Emir, who decides what to build in the cities of that Emirate. The Emir must be a House with a home city in that Emirate, unless there are no Houses with home cities, in which
case the Caliph can pick another House, which relocates to a city in that Emirate.

All positions plan for 5 turns at a time.

Alliances:

Houses can form Alliances with up to 5 houses in each alliance. If in an Alliance, a House earns extra influence every 5 turns equating to the amount of other houses in that Alliance. So if there is an alliance of 3 houses, then each house in that alliance will earn 2 extra influence every 5 turns. To make the alliance official, simply announce it in the thread.

Actions

Assassination: To call an assassination, just PM me with the target. The chance of success is (assassin's influence)/(assassin's+target's influence). If the assassination is successful, then the target loses half of his influence and automatically loses his position if he has one. If the victim is a Vizier, Sultan, or Emir, then the Caliph picks another one. If the Caliph is targeted, then there is a Palace Coup (see below) Either way, I will flip a coin. Heads: assassin gets caught and loses half his influence. Tails: assassin gets off clean.

Palace Coup: If the Caliph is targeted as a target of assassination, then there is a Palace Coup. All players PM me with their allegiance: government, rebels, or neutral. The outcome of the coup succeeding is (total influence of all rebel houses combined/total influence of all rebel and government houses combined). If the coup fails, then all rebels lose half their influence. If the coup succeeds, then the coup leader (aka whoever ordered it) becomes the new Caliph and can pick new people for the positions)

Raise Troops: costs 25 influence, you pick the unit (must be availible tech-wise) and 4 promotions.

Jail: The Caliph or Emir can order a House (if it is the Emir then it must be in that Emirate) to be jailed. But all other Houses from that city that dont have government positions will gain 15 inlfluence automatically.

If you have any other questions/comments/suggestions, PM me, leave a visitor message, or simply post in the thread. You have one week to form Houses before the game starts from...NOW!

Current Caliph: Red Star House (Red Spy)
Vizier: Arabian Gangsters (Yoshiegg737)
Sultan: House Imam (Terrance888)
Emir of Egypt: Guardians of the Nile (momo1000)
Emir of Palestine: Churchill House (Omega124)
Emir of Persia: Sandy Balls (HopliteJoe)
Emir of Turkey: Order of Constantinople (Duke of Britain)

Name: Red Spy (Creative, Spiritual)
House: Red Star
City: Cairo
Influence: 45

Name: Hoplitejoe (Financial, Expansive)
House: Sandy Balls
City: Baghdad
Influence: 42

Name: Yoshi (Industrious, Financial)
House: Arabian Gangsters
City: Shiraz
Influence: 36

Name: momo1000 (Creative, Protective)
House: Guardians of the Nile
City: Cairo
Influence: 42

Name: Omega (Protective, Charimistic)
House: Churchill
City: Jerusalem
Influence: 38

Name CampRadion (Charismatic, Aggressive)
House: The House of Epic
City: Antioch
Influence: 46

Terrance888 (Spiritual and Creative)
House Imam
Influence: 41

Leader: PANCAKE LORD THE FOURTH! :lol: (aka NinjaCow) (Agressive, Charismatic)
House: House of Pancakes
City: Mecca
Influence: 30

Name: Duke of Britain (Spiritual / Industrious)
Name of the House : Order of Constantinople
Home City : Constantinople
Influence: 43

Name: Alpav (Protective, Financial)
House: Jewel of the Mediterranean
City: Alexandria

Name: Al-Shivad (aka Civ'ed) (Aggressive/Spiritual)
House: Allahan House
City: Antioch
Influence: 46

Ol-ad-Din (General Olaf) (Philosphical/Charismatic)
House Between The Rivers
Home City: Baghdad
Influence: 44

Name: SteveTR (Philosophical, Charismatic)
House: House of Daleks

Name: غَرْب اَلْهِنْدرَجُل (Gharb Al-Hind Rajul) (west india man) (Financial/Industrious)
House: Bringers of the Precious Goods
Home City: Shiraz
Influence: 36

Name: Prospo(spiritual & imperialistic)
House: House of the Book

Current Alliances:

Order of Allah: Order of Constantinople, Allahan House, The House of Epic, House of Daleks

The Red Nile: Red Star House, Guardians of the Nile, Jewel of the Mediterranean, House Between The Rivers

The Arabian Balls Alliance: Arabian Gangsters, Sandy Balls, Bringers of the Precious Goods

After 30 turns, the Caliphate looked like this. Islam was beginning to eat away at the borders of the Eastern Roman Empire and also controlled the ancient Persian Empire, but its infrastructure was not well-developed.

Current Emirates:
Egypt: Al-Iskandraya, Al-Qarirah
Palestine: Al-Quds, Antakiyyah
Persia: Baghdad, Shiraz

17% of the world's population was Muslim at the time.

The Arabic scientists had researched this far. (also, Meditation is not discovered yet)

The Arabian demographics at this time.

And the civics of the Caliphate at Turn 30.

I also uploaded the save if anyone wants to see it.

Attachments

• AAR.CivBeyondSwordSave
    202.7 KB · Views: 44
Name: Red Spy (Creative, Spiritual)
House: Red Star
City: Al-Qahirah

Can I get a list of miltary units and where they are?

Can Emirs also be other positions?

As second poster do i get any position?

Name: Omega (Protective, Charimistic)
House: Churchill (Because he uses the same traits as I do, and he's one of my favorite leaders in Real Life)
City: Al-Quds

Name: momo1000 (Creative, Protective)
House: Guardians of the Nile
City: Alexandria

how are the positions chosen?

If what is SouthernKing told me earlier is true, the Caliph does.

The Caliph also picks the other positions and can hire and fire at will

Just in case SouthernKing missed my edit where I added my city:

Name: Yoshi (Industrious, Financial)
House: Arabian Gangsters

The whole thing :D

Positions:

Vizier: Yoshiegg737
Sultan: Terrance888
Emir of Egypt: momo1000
Emir of Palestine: Omega124
Emir of Persia: HopliteJoe

Name CampRadion (Charismatic, Aggressive)
House: The House of Epic
City: Antakiyyah

Announcing an alliance between the House of Red Star and the House of the Guardians of the Nile: The Red Nile!

I hope that means you like it.

I am not taking your position away. I just want people where their strong at.

Top Bottom