DOC Quality Mod Compilation

I'm getting the crash too, so it's definitely a problem.

Seems to be caused by a Civ somehow getting negative trade routes. I haven't made any changes to the trade route code directly, and I don't think any of the changes I've made would affect it indirectly either. I'm going to continue debugging and see if I can pinpoint what exactly is causing this.

ah okay, seems like i just got lucky then this reload

Just researched civil liberties but I don't have the option to build the Louvre in any of my cities, and no AI has built it. are there any requirements for it that I'm not aware of?

Just researched civil liberties but I don't have the option to build the Louvre in any of my cities, and no AI has built it. are there any requirements for it that I'm not aware of?
I don't think there is. Upload a save and I'll see what's going on.

I don't think there is. Upload a save and I'll see what's going on.
been busy for a couple days, here ya go

EDIT neeeeevermind. it had indeed already been built despite the fact that i looked for it so many times

Attachments

• Hammurabi AD-1754 Turn 339.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 283
Last edited:
so uh... it's 1730 AD and the Aztec Empire is going strong and every one of its cities has Hinduism... is this a thing that should be able to happen? lol

I remember reading once of a DoC game where Rome built a Buddhist wonder in their capital. These sorts of things happen if you play enough games.

A small issue:

The wonder that grants congress each 4 turns (palace of nations or sth) does not work as said in description, for on marathon speed I do NOT have congress as often after building said wonder.

Probably it's only that the description is outdated and doesn't include different timing for different gaming speeds.

Last edited:
A small issue:

The wonder that grants congress each 4 turns (palace of nations or sth) does not work as said in description, for on marathon speed I do NOT have congress as often after building said wonder.

Probably it's only that the description is outdated and doesn't include different timing for different gaming speeds.
Most likely. Does anyone know if this also exists in DoC? I can't remember fiddling with anything in QMC that would affect this.

Playing as Byzantium. Started out Catholic, then converted to Orthodoxy... then was automatically converted back to Catholicism the next turn. Is there some rule that I can't switch religions so early or...?

Playing as Byzantium. Started out Catholic, then converted to Orthodoxy... then was automatically converted back to Catholicism the next turn. Is there some rule that I can't switch religions so early or...?
There shouldn't be. I haven't altered any code related to religion. I'll look into it but I can't promise anything will come of it.

Hello there, would it be possible to re-upload the mod ? The link leads nowhere at the moment.

Hello there, would it be possible to re-upload the mod ? The link leads nowhere at the moment.
I'm sorry but I don't have a copy of it anymore. If someone else does they can upload it.

Truth be told, this mod wasn't very good anyways. The best parts were the new civ mods that other modders made.

Truth be told, this mod wasn't very good anyways. The best parts were the new civ mods that other modders made.
Aw don't be so hard on yourself, it was good enough that I stole a few snippets of code here and there. :)

Aw don't be so hard on yourself, it was good enough that I stole a few snippets of code here and there. :)
Thanks. The main issue I have with it was my Civic and Map Changes. I wasn't experienced enough in the UHVs and often made changes that broke them in stupid ways.

Thanks. The main issue I have with it was my Civic and Map Changes. I wasn't experienced enough in the UHVs and often made changes that broke them in stupid ways.
I liked the "less food from land, more from sea" function for Republic, though I somehow was unable to get it to work in my mod.

I liked the "less food from land, more from sea" function for Republic, though I somehow was unable to get it to work in my mod.
I liked it too, though I had trouble with the AI so I ended up changing it. I'm not sure why you'd have trouble with it.

I liked it too, though I had trouble with the AI so I ended up changing it. I'm not sure why you'd have trouble with it.
It somehow broke the entire code and forced me to revert to a previous version, no idea why. I'm probably going to take another try of getting it to work when I'm doing my grand civics overhaul.

Top Bottom