DoC v1.16.5 released

Leoreth

Blue Period
I have released DoC version 1.16.5. This is mostly the current state of the mod with numerous fixes from the last couple of months, without the custommap branch merged in.

The installer version of the mod has been updated to v1.16.5. You can find this release on Github here.

Patches:
  • v1.16.0 to v1.16.5: here
  • v1.16.3 to v1.16.5: here
Note: I only released v1.16.4 via git, so there is no patch for it.

I'm sure by now that you're tired of explaining this but how do I implement the update? I have tortoisegit and all, but I'm lost.

Edit: I noticed I answered wrong in this post because I thought the question was asked in a different thread.

Basically, to get this, you don't have to use git at all. Just normally download the installer for the mod.

Last edited:
Right into your Beyond the Sword/Mods/ folder.

I ended up just deleting the mod altogether and redownloading from scratch at 1.65 but now I can't open a 600 AD scenario. It's saying it's failing to read the worldbuilder file, getting stuck after /privatemaps/rfc 600 ad.civbeyondswordwbsave. 3000 BC and 1700 AD work fine though. I've tried to figure out how to get around this by using the custommaps branch on github, but again, I have no idea how to do that. I'm quite embarrassed tbh.

E: Solved. Thanks Dracosolon.

Last edited:
This work for me whenever I have that problem:

I downloaded the Git repo as a ZIP file, now when I try to start a scenario it quits with the message "failed to read world builder file"
This may affect one or more scenarios and is unfortunately a consequence of how Github creates its ZIP files, so I cannot do anything about it. To fix the problem, get Notepad++ and open the scenario file ("open with Notepad++"), then choose Edit -> EOL Conversion -> Windows.

Don't forget to save the file.

I am no longer getting the “goal failed/goal accomplished” windows, is that normal?
Which goal? Can you upload a save where I can trigger such a message (i.e. where you would expect it to appear)?

Which goal? Can you upload a save where I can trigger such a message (i.e. where you would expect it to appear)?
Strangely enough, when I reloaded my save, it triggered that window after the fact. It looks like the checks are being delayed but they still go through. EDIT: this autosave should trigger the failed conquest goal. If you go to the victory screen, you'll see that condition 1 hasn't been triggered even though I built all three cathedrals. Please overlook how far short of the goal I am lol

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1930 Turn 412.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
It's possible that checks do not get properly activated and only get activated when reloading the save.

Sorry, I only write complete and proper changelogs for full releases. You can find all updates in the git update thread, and what happened on the custom map branch before that in the "start from play now testing phase" thread.

Hi Leoreth,
I bought you a coffee, thank you for doing this game!
It works fine for me. The only thing I see is that if you give any cereal such as rise to any player they only pay 1 gold per turn, in any date, it used to be more.
Besides that it works ok, but I have not tested the 600 AD scenario, I play with the 1700 one.

Thanks for the coffee!

The AI values resources low if they are already sufficiently supplied with health, could that be the reason?

Hi Leoreth,
I have seen that the latin american civilizations have it difficult to fight against Spain, they die. tested on 1700 scenario.
The same for China when they rebel, the cities have only archers.
The US have no power...
See savemap please,
thanks

upload_2022-5-16_22-59-38.png

Attachments

• Victoria AD-1956 Turn 436.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Top Bottom