Does any civ hate their TSL location more than the Maya?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
The Maya's entire schtick is having a large number of cities blobbed really close together and not spreading out too (geographically) far. But being in the Yucutan, you basically only have one direction where to settle your core cities (towards mainland Mexico), and that direction will probably be blocked by the Aztecs.

The Maya's entire schtick is having a large number of cities blobbed really close together and not spreading out too (geographically) far. But being in the Yucutan, you basically only have one direction where to settle your core cities (towards mainland Mexico), and that direction will probably be blocked by the Aztecs.

On the true start europe map Scythia is lost in a sea of 1F/1P tiles which is the only one I've seen that might be worse. For the AI though, Maori probably hates their TSL start more than Maya, as they always seem to go colonize the most isolated pacific atoll available rather than going for a decent landmass.

Assuming you're not fudging who is present in the game? Rome says hi.

Single tile width peninsula, with half a dozen civs blocking any land route to expansion? You have have really fudge things for Trajan to stand a chance,

England/Scotland/Japan/Indonesia are also candidates. Start on a small island and have some very curtailed early expansion. Though I have to admit I find all those starts fun...

Assuming you're not fudging who is present in the game? Rome says hi.

Single tile width peninsula, with half a dozen civs blocking any land route to expansion? You have have really fudge things for Trajan to stand a chance,

Trajan starts with monuments though. In a huge tsl, can have a great start because his loyalty eats everything around him. Or at least that has been my limited experience.

Try playing any Middle East civilization on TSL Earth, deity. Lot of neighbours, defense is a key.

England/Scotland/Japan/Indonesia are also candidates. Start on a small island and have some very curtailed early expansion. Though I have to admit I find all those starts fun...
I think I would only say Scotland out of those considering all the others at least have some sort of coastal/naval bonuses in their abilities.

I think I would only say Scotland out of those considering all the others at least have some sort of coastal/naval bonuses in their abilities.

I'd actually put Indonesia as the worst from what I remember of my one TSL game with them... Sea power needs the infrastructure to use it and Indonesia has a very land-starved start. At least Scotland has some tall play potential...

If I remember right there are some Caribbean islands in range of the Mayan start that makes it less bad than it seems.

You're still hosed if Monty and Simón are in the game though. You can turtle pretty well but aggressive expansion in the early game is going to be rough.

Top Bottom