Does any of the Gold/Commerce mods work with CivIV GOTM?

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
As many have already mentioned gold/commerce gets confusing in CivIV since they use the same icon. I was planning on using one of the mods but was unsure if the GOTM security allowed it. Is there anyone here who is using one of the mods with GOTM without any problems?

The mod I'm wanting to use is Mumin's new symbol for gold so any successful use of it with GOTM would be highly appreciated. If not any info on the other mods is also appreciated. Thanks.

Just checked and the mod does work with GOTM security. Be advised, as we've already learned every computer works differently, I suggest first creating a system restore point before trying the mod. This way if there is a problem you don't have to reinstall everything.

are there any modders around who could tell us what types of mods would and what wouldnt work with the security that's on the GOTM game?

i assume that the gold/commerce things would work cause all they do is change a picture, and not the way the game works in any way.
does that one that makes a "usable" log file work with GOTM?

is there some sort of classification of the mods that could mark them as either usable or unusable with the protected games like GOTM?

i'm trying to get "prepared" for the next GOTM by "improving" my CIV game (hoping to get the two above mentioned mods working) with some friendly user interface things.

edit: noticed after i posted this that it has been discussed in the "can i use my .... advisor mod?" thread.

Top Bottom