Does anyone like this idea?

I posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd post it here so more people would read it. It's just another variation that I thought would be fun and challenging. It would go something like this: (NOTE: The bold is the response to another post)
I like the idea, but I think everyone should have the same goal. But here's my variation: no one knows what the goal is. It could be something like having 20+ cities and more than 30 workers, or something like domination land area and one legendary culture city. If we could get an admin that can check the game every or every few turns and could see where people were to achieving the goal and to see when they do. We could also give small clues (start small and then get more obvious) every 20-30 turns. I think it sounds like a great idea and I would love to have it in the game.

And the first team to achieve the goal wins, we could still have other victories too though. It was just an idea that I wanted to through out.

I like the idea of hidden goals don't think it should be amount of workers that would e too easy.

I don't see how it would add to the game. One team could be in the middle of preparations for a huge war that will storm the globe, and then suddenly there's an announcement: "Team A has achieved a secret objective and won the game". Everyone would be able to see that was lame, and either it'd cause an abrupt end to an otherwise fun game, or it wouldn't be taken seriously and people would play on anyway. Most likely the latter.

I don't see much point in artificially imposed victory conditions, especially if they're hidden.

Okay, just a thoguht.

Top Bottom