• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Does Steam automatically update Civ 5 patches?

Ronnoc

Warlord
Just wondering if patches that are coming for Civ 5 are done through Steam? I know it is a dumb question, but I did not know for sure on how it is done or if you have to do something for patch to update the game.

Yes, though you can turn it off. When I turn it off though, it seems to get turned back on again by itself sometimes. /shrug

You can right click on the game in your Steam Library, go to Properties and find the part about automatic updating. Second tab from the left.

Yes, though you can turn it off. When I turn it off though, it seems to get turned back on again by itself sometimes. /shrug

Probably because disabling doesn't work for Civ5, take a look at the Steam FAQ in tech support. Only way to disable autopatching is staying offline.

Probably because disabling doesn't work for Civ5, take a look at the Steam FAQ in tech support. Only way to disable autopatching is staying offline.

Didn't know that, but I wasn't referring to Civ V specifically to be honest. I uninstalled that game and "lost" the account login/password for a small fee (since it was the only game on the account) several weeks ago.

For me, it disables itself for X3 Terran Conflict. At least, it seemed to a couple of times. Though it may be for the same reason.

Yes, though you can turn it off. When I turn it off though, it seems to get turned back on again by itself ALWAYS. /shrug

Fixed ;)

That feature never worked since day 1 of Steam.

Only way is to "go offline" if you don't want patching automatically.

Top Bottom