Does the AI know the difference between other AIs and a human player?

I'm wondering if natural disasters treat human player differently than AI, in a recent marathon game, many times Blizzard swept through my cities and destroyed a lot of improvements/ buildings/ districts, those disasters, however, seem to be easy vs AI.

Attachments

• 20190424082426_1.jpg
    20190424082426_1.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm wondering if natural disasters treat human player differently than AI, in a recent marathon game, many times Blizzard swept through my cities and destroyed a lot of improvements/ buildings/ districts, those disasters, however, seem to be easy vs AI.
RNG can be a pain sometimes. It's random though. Doesn't seem to care who owns the land. I remember a couple games ago where AI Mapuche requested aid 3 times so they must get hit similarly.

That doesn't prove anything. The human player typically plays in a different way than the AI ("different" usually means "much better"). So it's natural that, even when the AI is using exactly the same algorithms for reactions to other AI and to you, the result will be different, because you are different. If you are the biggest threat, why shouldn't the whole world DOW on you together?

I just used that example but there are more I could add. But let me clarify my statement. When the Civ 4 mass DOW came it felt like a vendetta. Hey let's get the human player. I don 't think other A.I Players were invaded by 3 or 4 Civs. I mean it was heavy metal coming at me and the game was Over.... I had no chance.

One of the other things is it felt like in older Civs that the A.I knew things about you that you did not know about it. Like Troop placements in Civ 5 is a good one. I noticed and so did other players. That if you have a large army and large border. If you put a large part of your foce on the other side of your West Flank and leave your East Flank uncovered or with light forces. Like clockwork your The A.I on your East Flank would invade you.

This is with or without Open Borders if I recall. So that is why they have always been heavy suspicions that the A.I knows that we are the enemy. :lol: .

Which is not a terribly bad thing. Because we have the advantage.

But also we know as Victoria pointed out. We know that there are times in Diplomacy that the A.I has special things to say to us. So there may be something that tips them off in other ways that are more profound than the troop border thing.

Last game I played, one AI civ got hit by drought in the same place, over and over again, so I don't think there is any bias there.

My opinion is NO, there doesn't seem to be any differences...

Except for ONE thing: Barbarians and Free Cities units. Given a choice, they DO seem to be ready to move longer distances to attack my units rather than other civs units I can see that they could attack more easily. And that has been the case pretty much since vanilla, and hasn't changed with the x-pacs.

Can't count the number of times where I asked myself "Why the hey is THAT unit coming after me ???". Even had it happen this week where a free city unit (a knight I think) ran after my apostles and destroyed them as far as 10 squares from city center...

Top Bottom