1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Does the game feel complete to you now?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bonafide11, Mar 8, 2019.

?

Does Civ VI feel complete now?

1. Yes, time to start thinking about Civ VII.

12 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. No, we need another expansion pack!

113 vote(s)
    90.4%
  1. Casworon

Casworon Warlord

I think focus should be put on integrating all the current systems. Give tourism and diplomatic victory points a purpose beyond simply winning a victory. Get everything polished.

Though tbh i like the idea of another expansion and continued work on the game. Maybe a more fleshed out economic system and a economic victory based around luxury resources or something.

Better AI would also be great.

Tbh the mysterious layout of the hall of fame to give perfectly 9 missing slots to fill it up suggests to me atleast we are getting 9 more leaders. If that is dlc or an expansion i dont know

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  2. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

I have to agree with Victoria as there is a third option missing from the poll. I could agree with both options, but Civ6 does not feel done yet.

Ondolindë, shaglio and Victoria like this.
  3. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Yeah, that's where I'm sort of at right now. I think there is plenty of features in the game, but until they're all working properly and tied together, it doesn't feel complete. I'm hesitant to ask for a third expansion that will just introduce more toys if they can't fix the toys already in the game.

Victoria likes this.
  4. lordhaw

lordhaw Chieftain

Complete is a relative thing. If it were 'complete' I'd not have the desire to use mods that improve upon some of the game systems. But I'm reasonably happy with it though. It doesn't need more features though. Just tweaking of some things, hence said mods I use to tweak what I want tweaked.

5. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Refinement is done better in a new iteration of the game, rather than via expansion. And I think that they need to refine some of the awesome new system that we have, basically I love the districts but now they have seen them in action to tweak them from the ground up would be great. All that being said, I would never complain about a new xpac (those are much faster than a new game anyways). I really want the economic VC to be worked into the game. However, I think the Civ series is in a great spot and trust those running the ship to continue to make great decisions moving this forward, they have a blank check from me (game, xpac, DLC) until they prove otherwise.

6. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Exactly. However, we're not going to get one without the other as effective AI and balance are not features that will attract sales. People expect the AI to make for an enjoyable challenge and they would expect that lots of thought had gone into balance. If we're going to get the AI and balance improved it is because they are looking to achieve positive reviews and maximum sales. The good news is that with all of history to play with there are many features that could be fleshed out and added. Who knows, maybe slavery will make a return ;)

Civ 2 Fantastic Worlds was the best for modding in my opinion as it was feature rich and very accessible.

7. LKx

LKx Chieftain

Anyway i'd certainly like to have:

Civilization VI: Elettric Sheeps

Total AI revamp
    Now difficulty levels give AIs advanced tactics rather than extreme bonuses.
    New agenda: Dominator. Now a dominator AI will try to conquer you like if it cares

8. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

It's not complete until you can hotkey everything. Unmodded UI is worse than SAP.

TheMeInTeam likes this.
  9. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

I would honestly be surprised if this was the last expansion. I know it would break with tradition... but there is still a lot to do with this engine/game... and financially it would make sense as well.

That being said I cannot go back to V after GS. Why? The resources issue, same with IV...

GS is, furthermore, the first CIV game I've ever played where the game wasn't more or less decided, or boring by the industrial era. It may still be decided, but, at least it's still fun. I wish the climate impacts were harder though.

That being said, it's funny to see your opponents coastal empire, sink.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  10. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I agree. The poll options should have been:

-Yes, time to start thinking about Civ VII.
    -No, we need another expansion pack!
    -No, we need more patches!

11. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Well I think the patches are inevitable, it depends how much they address in the patches, but that opens a whole 'nother can of work than the scope of this poll.

12. darkace77450

darkace77450 King

It does feel complete, but there is still much I'd like to see added. From Civs like Portugal and the Maya, wonders like the Parthenon, units like Stealth Bombers, mechanics like vassalage and possibly health/plague, corporations and an Economic Victory, etc there's still plenty they could stuff into a third expansion that I'd happily pay for.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    King Rad and bonafide11 like this.
  13. Zinowolf

Zinowolf Chieftain

I think if there is to be an additional expansion, it really needs to focus on the two areas they have completely failed with: The AI and WAR. A war themed expansion would complete the game ONLY if they can make the AI an actual threat. To do this, they must revise the AI so that it can use Aircraft, anti aircraft, artillery and the Navy in a meaningful way. Currently the game is still as dumb as it was the day it was launched. This is the area they should be focusing on now imo.

Zuizgond likes this.
  14. aguliondew

aguliondew Prince

IF that make a AI/war expansion they would have a lot of things to improve. Make it so no AI know the amount of units your civ has without spies/allies.Enable the AI to make specific goals in war so when they build up units to prepare, they have enough to take a specific city or destroy it. Adjust the time to win and aggressiveness of AI base on personally and difficult. Change how the endgame wars are played since taking late game cities becomes increasing difficult if you are not ahead in tech. In civ 5 the AI could still be a threat late game I never felt that way in civ 6.

Zuizgond likes this.
  15. schondette

schondette Chieftain

You could make a case with features. But the AI is god awful and it wont stand the test of time as it it

orasis and Zuizgond like this.
  16. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Speaking of war, I had three AI civs that made lots of GDRs and they war against another while I peacefully try to win via diplomacy.

17. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

I am almost tempted to say there are enough features, but that many features still lack some necessary fleshing out

-for instance, I feel there could be more ways to generate more Great people throughout the game-especially those that create Great Works.

-on a related note, I'd like to see more theming opportunities-especially WRT Wonders-& a more fleshed out system for Great Musicians (maybe have a "music specific" tech/civic around the Classical/Medieval Era, have Great Musicians turn up from the Medieval Era onwards, have more places to put Great Works of Music, from earlier on in the game & grant Great Musicians the ability to create musical groups in place of a Great Work (Minstrels in the Medieval Era, Chamber Groups in the Renaissance/Industrial Era & Rock Bands from the Modern Age onwards)).

-I'd like to see mechanics for more localised forms of pollution, not unlike what we had in Civ4-perhaps where too many mines/industrial zones within a certain range can reduce the appeal of neighbouring tiles and/or reduce the Amenity/Housing of cities within a certain range, & potentially have over-exploitation of a resource tile might cause that resource to disappear (but have an ability to locate new sources of a resource).

-I would just generally love to have more techs/civics per era, & more stuff to build in city centers & neighbourhood districts.

-I would love to see a return of the State Religion Mechanic from Civ4, & more proactive ways to win a religious victory (maybe bring back the Apostolic Palace) especially by tying religion in more with Diplomacy.

-I'd like to see more spy missions added throughout the game, especially ones connected to City States, & more ways to interact with City States in general.

-I would like to see more ways of dealing with Barbarians, & give them the ability to evolve beyond the Encampment level-either by being left alone for long enough, or via them taking a city.

-On a related note, the Independant City system could be expanded on to allow some cities to morph into entirely new Civs-especially if there are several Independant cities close to each other.

-Add in plagues & earthquakes, but also bring in other kinds of semi-random events.....even as just a game option-like a better version of the mechanic introduced in Beyond the Sword, or like the Events & Decisions mod from Civ5, or the random events we get in Outback Tycoon & Black Death.

Those are the key things for me.

acluewithout likes this.
  18. Caprikel

Caprikel Warlord

North Carolina, but secretly a Minnesotan
    Same here. They were even using airplanes, though they still only used them to attack cities, rather than the GDRs right at their doorsteps.

19. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

Well, someone has played CIV IV "New Dawn", huh? lol. --- Even though I was not a fan of IV at release.... that mod is really good. Should Firaxis take a gander? Absolutely!

20. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

I really want a diplomacy focused DLC, but idk how easy that would be to sell. I think a lot of the hype that GS created is due to the theme and the impact the changes has on the map, and diplomacy in comparison is more abstract.

Oh and where is my Babylon at? Nebuchadnezzar I miss you.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Aussie_Lurker likes this.