Dom Pedro II's Civilization 4: Test of Time

I can't imagine why it would be giving that RevolutionDCM.ini error. Everything needed should be in the download, and other people haven't reported this problem... I'll keep an eye out for a cause though.

Thanks for the save game file. I'll give it a look when I get home.

CvModName.py

CvModName.py

Shows:
Code:
#CvModName.py

modName = "RevolutionDCM"
displayName = "RevolutionDCM"
modVersion = "2.51 BUG 3.6 [Build 1695]"

Is it supposed to something like this?

Code:
#CvModName.py

modName = "Test of Time"
displayName = "Test of Time"
modVersion = "2.51 BUG 3.6 [Build 1695]"

------------------------

Edit

That was it. The above will fix the problem for those who don't have the DCM mod installed. Since I have limited space, I tend to delete mods I don't use.

Still doesn't explain why it works fine for me... is the Revolution.ini file actually in the mod folder?

Somebody said that they were having problems with one of the other files. I'm wondering if the files became corrupted when I uploaded them somehow?

The reason it works for you should be obvious, you have RevolutionDCM in your mods folder, thus a Revolution.ini file exists for it to check. Also for some reason responses like yours are irking, I just spelled it out for you. And the poster above you went even more in depth and posted the fix. Instead of fixing it, you ignore the issue, and conjure some unfounded explanation? Why would you do this?

Instead of fixing it, you ignore the issue, and conjure some unfounded explanation? Why would you do this?

Because it works fine for him, and other users are reporting corrupted downloads. His response is completely logical.

By the way, this looks like a great mod. Any chance of merging in White Lies/Black Ops (even as an option)?

This mod looks very promising!

"CRC failed in 'Test of Time\Assets\IG_v2.0.7.FPK'. File damaged "

I encountered this error message too; when i unpacked the zip. Probably this caused the CTD i had after starting a game and looking around a bit?

Another thing i noticed was that the tech tree looks a bit wierd. Some techs are overlapping and some of the arrows don't seem to make sense.

greets
Ulysses

The reason it works for you should be obvious, you have RevolutionDCM in your mods folder, thus a Revolution.ini file exists for it to check. Also for some reason responses like yours are irking, I just spelled it out for you. And the poster above you went even more in depth and posted the fix. Instead of fixing it, you ignore the issue, and conjure some unfounded explanation? Why would you do this?

And I find it irksome when people post one-word answers and then claim they "spelled it out". But what can we do? Sometimes we must put up with irksome people in life.

Thank you for your second post (rude though it was). I now see what the trouble was and am posting a fix.

EDIT: The posted fix also fixes the problem with AI players asking you to make peace with minor civs.

Attachments

• Test_of_Time_Fix2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 517
Wow :eek:, this mod looks amazing, can't wait to try it (downloading). Though, just one question, does this mod include Sevo's Mastery Victory condition? If not, could you add it? This mod seems perfect for it (especially since you've revamped a lot, looks like a lot of fun to play in the Modern Era :D ).

Can one mod really look into the dir of another ? That would be news to me.

I agree the code should be fixed, but I am surprised the reason why it is not happening to him would be outside his mod folder.

Can one mod really look into the dir of another ? That would be news to me.

You and me both ;)

And yes, he was right. That was the problem.

Wow , this mod looks amazing, can't wait to try it (downloading). Though, just one question, does this mod include Sevo's Mastery Victory condition? If not, could you add it? This mod seems perfect for it (especially since you've revamped a lot, looks like a lot of fun to play in the Modern Era ).
It doesn't, but I'll look into it.

I encountered this error message too; when i unpacked the zip. Probably this caused the CTD i had after starting a game and looking around a bit?Ulysses

"CRC failed in 'Test of Time\Assets\IG_v2.0.7.FPK'. File damaged "

Same here i got this three times??

I wonder how the mod manages to look into the directory of another. If I could get that to happen with art and sounds, then it would revolutionize my Star Trek mod and make it much easier to install.

Be careful though, because if you start doing this, you'll have to tell people to make sure they have all the other mods you rely on. You can't really assume that everyone out there will have the same mods as the ones on your computer. I had a problem with Dom Pedro's mod and the present version of Star Trek for exactly that reason. IMHO I would prefer having mods that are self-contained.

The posted fix also fixes the problem with AI players asking you to make peace with minor civs.

About this, I had the situation where I was asked to make peace with a Civ I hadn't yet encountered. That was weird.

The option that allows you to choose your religions doesn't work right. I was asked to pick a religion for myself... and it went to the neighbor. I was asked later on to pick religions for other Civs... and I got them instead. Got really confused too. ;)

Training doesn't seem to work with cavalry. I can get cav units promoted in combat, however when XP's are earned through training, the XP totals for units go up, but the promotions aren't awarded.

IIRC Canons don't seem to have the ability to perform ranged bombardment, while cat's and treb's do. Certainly archer units do as well. That's not intentional, is it?

-------------

Edit

The equipment screen didn't work for me either. I got both the military adviser screen and the equipment screen in a jumble. See below.

Attachments

• bungledequipmnt.jpg
    bungledequipmnt.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 125
Nope didnt help with the NEW d/l, i still get this:

C: Program Files\Firaxis Games\Test_of_Time0.1b.zip CRC failed in Test of Time\Assets\VarietasDelectat v4.0.FPK. File is CORRUPT.

I dont get the VD one at all now. But it's the first time i got IG_v2.0.7

I downloaded just before you uploaded a new version so I down loaded that plus the patches. The latest version has problems with the VarietasDelectat_v4.0.FPK file however I was able to get the rest out and get the VD file from the first version. Unfortunately I then got lost of assert errors. So I took the CvGameCoreDLL.dll from the patch and was able to start a game.

However I get a CTD whenever I press the "insert" key to open the nearest city. I can open the city by double clicking but I am used to the insert key doing what I want.

OMG!
Unit equipment??
Can't wait to play this one!(still one hour remaining to complete the download....)

Top Bottom