Dom Pedro II's Civilization 4: Test of Time

I like the new diplo options, hopefully they make it into BBAI ;)

If they don't, I might have to take a look myself :D

Attached here is a fix to the end war CtD crash. Just unzip it to the same folder and it will overwrite the erroneous file.
Thanks, it worked :)

But it was weird... The Chinese asked me to end my war with Spain even though I never met Spain. I agreed nonetheless and just after (not the turn after), Sumerians ask me the same thing.

I attached the save in case you want it. Just play something like 3 turns and Qin Shi Huang (sp?) will ask you to end war with Spain...

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0225.CivBeyondSwordSave
    254 KB · Views: 75
Here's another weird thing: the Khmer captured Berlin thus killing off Germany who was a minor civ; however, it still says that everyone made peace...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 215
  • AutoSave_AD-0680.CivBeyondSwordSave
    301.2 KB · Views: 75
Hmm... this appears to be a quirk that resulted from merging RevolutionDCM into my mod. Spain is a minor civ that appears to have emerged from the Barbarians. Since it's a minor civ, you're at war with them by default. But so is everyone else... Including the Chinese. I'll just need to add some extra checks to ensure this doesn't happen.

Awsome! :)
Congrats on releasing the mod!
I can't wait to test your Magnus Opus of modding :)

Did you say that modding helped you find a girlfriend? :dubious:

Wish I have so much luck to have girl that plays civs, and understands why modding tooks so much time :)

I see that the mod contains new civilizations (on one of the screenshots with Khmer attacking Berlin is Israel). What new civilizations appears? Is there Poland perhaps? :)

Great work and size of the pack - more than 300 mb guarantees a lot of fun and a lot of new features and graphics.

Wish I have so much luck to have girl that plays civs, and understands why modding tooks so much time :)
Well, if it makes you feel any better, it ended quite badly... ;)

I see that the mod contains new civilizations (on one of the screenshots with Khmer attacking Berlin is Israel). What new civilizations appears? Is there Poland perhaps? :)
No Poland. Not yet at least. I've been keeping new content to a minimum right now. I've been focused on just getting the new mechanics into the game.

Great work and size of the pack - more than 300 mb guarantees a lot of fun and a lot of new features and graphics.
The bulk of the size is simply the BAT mod, which many mods already incorporate. It's not anything new really.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it ended quite badly... ;)
Poor consolation ;)

No Poland. Not yet at least. I've been keeping new content to a minimum right now. I've been focused on just getting the new mechanics into the game.
Yeah, ok. But it'll be cool to see it in one of the next patches :)

The bulk of the size is simply the BAT mod, which many mods already incorporate. It's not anything new really.
I didn't tried BAT (i usually play Varietas Delectat) so it'll be new for me :)

Yeah, ok. But it'll be cool to see it in one of the next patches :)
Well, if I can get me a crack team of people with XML experience willing to work on the content features of the mod, maybe I'll make stuff like new civs a higher priority. As it stands, I feel like my time is better spent fixing bugs in the SDK and adding in the next set of features. Either way, I'm sure someone will mod this mod and include more civs.

I didn't tried BAT (i usually play Varietas Delectat) so it'll be new for me :)
It's just Varietas Delectat with a couple extra things.

Well, if I can get me a crack team of people with XML experience willing to work on the content features of the mod, maybe I'll make stuff like new civs a higher priority. As it stands, I feel like my time is better spent fixing bugs in the SDK and adding in the next set of features. Either way, I'm sure someone will mod this mod and include more civs.

I will be honored to add Poland to this mod :)

It's just Varietas Delectat with a couple extra things.

So your mod also contains new modern era units like for example Main Battle Tank?

I will be honored to add Poland to this mod :)
Good.

So your mod also contains new modern era units like for example Main Battle Tank?
Ah. No. I haven't incorporated the Modern Era Expansion. The only new modern units I've included are the ones I designed myself... the Transport Helicopter, the Drone, and the Jet Bomber. I worry about clutter. What I don't want is units going obsolete and having to be upgraded every couple of turns or having too many units filling too many similar roles.

That's one of the reasons why I really wanted the Equipment system... so players could modify existing units to fill special roles, and to make the units stronger with new techs without having to upgrade them to totally different units.

Something occurred to me after I posted in your previous thread about getting the main effect of the Globe Theatre "for free" (in the capital) with Hereditary Rule: That may be the case...but we can't use it to draft (which was what I thought would make it overpowered), if you moved Nationhood into the Government civics (the same category as HR)! :blush: My mistake.

Dom Pedro II said:
Ah! This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I've debated whether this might be too powerful. I personally haven't found it to be, but I'm sure that a better player will make better use of it. So I'm going to wait and see what people's experience is with it before I change it.

It does seem to me that, with a lot of health (or tons of food, d*** the unhealthiness, full speed ahead), the lack of unhappiness could make for a very strong Bureaucracy capital (working a lot of tiles). We'll see what people come up with.

My rationale was basically that a centralized monarchy would make the people who inhabit the capital happier (at least politically), but you're right. A happiness boost rather than removing all unhappiness might be more appropriate.

That's what I figured for the "flavor" reasoning...though what I meant (sorry not to have made it clear) was to ask whether you had a gameplay reason in mind. Anyway, we'll have to see how it plays for ourselves and others! :) I'm excited about this mod...though, from how Varietas performed on my computer, I'm guessing the mod will perform better once I get some newer hardware. Till then I may be :sad:.

Yeah true. Naked civ have enough units and with equipment option it'll add more flavour and variety for existing units (this kind of clutter is visible in 1939, but the timescale is shorter, so the difference between units are smaller, and i didn't have equipment mod incorporated when planning promotions and units). I'm really courius how it works in gameplay. With additional changes it might be also useful in 'RPG'-like game, where your units buy or collect equipment (on bigger scale than it is now done in FFH). Maybe after 1939 I'll work on postapocalyptical mod as I always wanted - focusing on RPG and improved economy (more extended economy from Colonization - focussing more on manufacturing and flow and also supply/demand of resources) :). Just I'm afraid I won't finish this mod before release of CivV - it's obvious that I'll move asap to civ V (if it'll be well made game, friendly for modders) so the new project won't see day light. The option is to make graphics - hopefull firaxis won't make significant changes to civV graphics, making current meshes useless.

When I load the game, I get an error msg that RevolutionDCM.ini is missing. Do I need to install the DCM mod in order for this one to work?

Other than this (and the fact RevolutionDCM isn't loaded), the game ran fine until 1500 AD. I get a CTD then which I can't bypass.

Game runs a bit slow (which isn't much of a surprise, even with a standard-sized map).

Attachments

• Ambreville AD-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    428.4 KB · Views: 74
When I load the game, I get an error msg that RevolutionDCM.ini is missing. Do I need to install the DCM mod in order for this one to work?

Other than this (and the fact RevolutionDCM isn't loaded), the game ran fine until 1500 AD. I get a CTD then which I can't bypass.

Game runs a bit slow (which isn't much of a surprise, even with a standard-sized map).

I can't imagine why it would be giving that RevolutionDCM.ini error. Everything needed should be in the download, and other people haven't reported this problem... I'll keep an eye out for a cause though.

Thanks for the save game file. I'll give it a look when I get home.

Yeah true. Naked civ have enough units and with equipment option it'll add more flavour and variety for existing units (this kind of clutter is visible in 1939, but the timescale is shorter, so the difference between units are smaller, and i didn't have equipment mod incorporated when planning promotions and units). I'm really courius how it works in gameplay. With additional changes it might be also useful in 'RPG'-like game, where your units buy or collect equipment (on bigger scale than it is now done in FFH). Maybe after 1939 I'll work on postapocalyptical mod as I always wanted - focusing on RPG and improved economy (more extended economy from Colonization - focussing more on manufacturing and flow and also supply/demand of resources) :). Just I'm afraid I won't finish this mod before release of CivV - it's obvious that I'll move asap to civ V (if it'll be well made game, friendly for modders) so the new project won't see day light. The option is to make graphics - hopefull firaxis won't make significant changes to civV graphics, making current meshes useless.
I have plans, after this mod is done, to make an fantasy mod based on African mythology. And I will want an RPG-like items system for that. In this mod the units have no inventory. So you cannot pick up an item and put it in a city or transfer it to another unit or something. You can simulate this, but it's not really what the Equipment system is.

I thought about having players build the parts for their units in the cities and then equip them, but I think it would be too much micromanagement.

I'm hopeful that when and if they release a Civ5, it will use similar code. This will mean less time for me to convert my mod. Learning how to code this in C++ and Python took a very long time, but if I had to port it to a new version of Civ, it would take me much less time to do it.

I can't imagine why it would be giving that RevolutionDCM.ini error. Everything needed should be in the download, and other people haven't reported this problem... I'll keep an eye out for a cause though.

Thanks for the save game file. I'll give it a look when I get home.

Thanks. I've attached the error msg below.

Attachments

• Rev_Error.jpg
    Rev_Error.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 133
Great ideas !

Very well documented: Reading your PDF I got enthousiastic esp. about the tactical possibilities, Could be very realistic !
Could be.... for I downloaded it three times (1,5 hour each).
All with CFC errors !
Two of them mentioned: "CRC failed in 'Test of Time\Assets\IG_v2.0.7.FPK'. File damaged "

Just wanted to report it.

Maybe another download-mirror may help?
I'll keep trying tomorrow.

Greetings,
Viator

Hey dom, not working for me.. When I get into a game I have no HUD and I get a message up top in the info scroll area saying that it was not able to located the XML intiation file or somthing like that, just thought I'd let you know..

Sounds like a great idea, good luck getting it working

Top Bottom