Doviello

Actually, that isn't true. It still costs cash to upgrade using a battlemaster. The advantage is just that you can do it away from town.

Yeah, I know that now - was quite annoying to find out that I have been giving false information all that time...

Do ya'll tech for a specific religion or simply let whichever religion finds you first...then conquer the owner? Are there specific religions that work well with Doviello (assuming not OO since their units are undead and such are not subject to weapons upgrades)?

Actually, could anyone highlight on their tech order? It would be interesting to compare and contrast to see where I'm going wrong.

I wish there was an ability to absorb beakers when you win a combat (though I'm sure this could be abused...hello hidden nationality units) to at least keep Doviello from falling way way behind. Especially since we can't build Libraries and such for bonus research.
Oct 31, 2006 03:20 PM

Runes of Kilmorph is another good religion in my opinion, but only if you have alot of hills around your cities. The extra +1 hammer from mines really help, and the spending of gold to finish production, plus with the wonder you get lots of iron which cannot be pillaged. (In ally games you can even give iron to your ally as the wondr gives 3 iron).

As for what I research, in what order - it varies from ame to game. Recently I have tried beeling to Bronze Working so I can pump out the axeman to defend against the barbs then focus on making my cities happy. If I go for a religion I focus on it 100% and when I am done with all the 'basic' techs, I go for smelting, construction and so on.

Grakl said:
Unfortunately out of 6 civs left I was ranked 5th....and half the score of the 2nd largest Civ. At this point I'm incredibly far behind in technology and eeking away at 10-20%...since that's all I can afford without going under, even with just 1 stack of 10 invasion units and 3 or 4 units at each city for defense and anti-war declaration deterants. My neighbor is 1/3 the size of me yet is sporting half a dozen str 6 or 7 Crossbowman in each city which I simply can't break with str 7 battlemasters and str 6 catapults. Thus the golden age of Doveillo seems to pass.

You're the barbarians - milling around heavily defended fortresses shouting idle threats is what you do best :lol:

Do what the real barbarians did, pillage their villages, burn their fertile plains and grassland to the ground and then go somewhere more interesting 8)

Master_Hugian said:
Yeah, I would agree with that, its the leader I play the (love raider trait).

You mean he isn't barbarian

I can't wait to tell my wife you thought she was a man!!! :D

Mesix said:
In TAM, the bonus gained by different sorts fo metal is considered a promotion for the unit. A unit with bronze weapons promotion can be upgraded to iron weapons if the unit returns to a city with a weaponsmith (and access to iron) and selects the upgrade option. If the player loses access to the metal resource later in the game the units keep the promotion, but other units can no longer receive the upgrade.

The weapon promotion in TAM is automatic. There's no upgrade option...

I can't wait to tell my wife you thought she was a man!!!

... I feel embarrassed, I always thought... :blush:
I have to admit I only ever glanced at the picture and its only on further inspection do I see that its female.

Top Bottom